ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane and ECU announce home and homes

Also Aston we have a home game vs a A5 every 3 years. OSU will be the 4th since HA Chapman in 2008. Which makes sense given a 3 game series over 3 years with 1 home game, you know a 2-1 deal. Math is hard.

Had we kept going with 2-1 vs OU and O-state as well as the home and homes we were building with KU, Texas Tech and Iowa St teams we would be having an A5 game 3 out of 4 years.

Also, if we're going to continue this series with Arkansas we should at least try and get it as a 2-1 or maybe do the neutral BYU thing with them in Dallas

Arkansas will never come to Tulsa.

Arkansas will never come to Tulsa.

If Broyles was still there or any of his people I think you are right.

However all of those people are gone and most of them dead. I think a 2-1 spread out over a few years would be very attractive to them. Especially if our home game is the same year as a Little Rock Missouri game.

The proximity to NW Arkansas means another game for those fans thats closer than Little Rock and a bone for a strong group of Hog fans in Tulsa.

The 2-1 functions like a buy game in this case.

Also Aston we have a home game vs a A5 every 3 years. OSU will be the 4th since HA Chapman in 2008. Which makes sense given a 3 game series over 3 years with 1 home game, you know a 2-1 deal. Math is hard.

Had we kept going with 2-1 vs OU and O-state as well as the home and homes we were building with KU, Texas Tech and Iowa St teams we would be having an A5 game 3 out of 4 years.
Too bad the big 12 changed and they're only playing 3 non conference games a year. They're not giving out home and homes nearly as easily. It wouldn't matter if we wanted to continue "building" them or not.

With my plan we would have two P5's every 3 years instead of 1 every 3. That's better for us obviously. It would also mean more likely wins as we've played P5's not named OU, Ohio State or OSU waaaaaaaay closer than we ever have those three in the last 20 years. If you pick blue bloods your just going to get stomped 90% of the time... if you pick the middle to lower teams, you'll only get stomped maybe 50% of the time, and you'll occasionally pick up a win.

Too bad the big 12 changed and they're only playing 3 non conference games a year. They're not giving out home and homes nearly as easily. It wouldn't matter if we wanted to continue "building" them or not.

With my plan we would have two P5's every 3 years instead of 1 every 3. That's better for us obviously. It would also mean more likely wins as we've played P5's not named OU, Ohio State or OSU waaaaaaaay closer than we ever have those three in the last 20 years. If you pick blue bloods your just going to get stomped 90% of the time... if you pick the middle to lower teams, you'll only get stomped maybe 50% of the time, and you'll occasionally pick up a win.

Oh really is that why the B12 teams are still signing home and homes with g5s? Like Iowa St who just signed with Tulane?

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. You can't grasp the simple math of why 2-1s won't work. Clearly you also don't understand the finances of filling in that extra home game you lose and have to buy a team for, or the amount of travel cost involved in the two away games.

By the way Colorado just signed a home and home with Houston.

Literally the moment you get a clue it will be your first and you might have some idea about what you spout out at.

First as proven by Jesse TU and me on multiple occasions every other program in our conference is signing home and homes with A5 opponents.

Coastal Carolina just did a home and home with Kansas. We don't need 2-1 deals there are 3 teams where that makes sense. Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Ok state. The travel is short, they boost our attendance, and the money will be good. Arkansas doesn't seem interested.

Kansas, Kansas St, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa St, West Virginia have all signed 1-1 deals with our conference teams or worse programs.

Missouri, Arkansas, Vandy, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi St have signed home and homes with our conference teams or worse programs.

UCLA, Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, Washington State, Cal, Oregon, Oregon St, and Utah have all signed home and home games with teams from our conference or programs of similar stature/resources.

Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, NC State, UNC, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake, Duke, Georgia Tech have all signed home and home games with our conference or programs of similar stature.

Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern have all signed home and homes with our conference teams.

Teams who our conference programs gave 2-1 to or buy games.
Texas, Florida, Florida St., Notre Dame, Penn St, Miami, Oklahoma, Ohio St, USC, Michigan St. We will get a buy vs Ole Miss, then our 2-1 with Ok state and USF signing a weird 2-1 with Louisville.

We don't need to hand out 2-1s. If Arkansas or OU wants one sure. Ok State makes sense. Otherwise there are plenty of teams we can sign home and home

We're the smallest D1 school and our attendance sucks... Kansas is signing deals in hopes that they can win games... We could probably get a home and home with them... but they're probably the only power conference team we could do so with at the moment other than maybe Indiana.

You need to learn that we're not the rest of our conference. The rest of our conference has schools with 30-50K students. The only schools you should realistically be looking at are SMU and Tulane. Tulane gets some games because they are a regional recruiting center. SMU doesn't get home and homes DESPITE being a national recruiting center. SMU had to play a 3-1 with Baylor to get the series.

The Florida schools, Houston, Temple, Cincy, Memphis, even ECU... they all draw eyes and they make the P5's money. A lot of them are also in fertile recruiting grounds. We don't have those things. We need to work with what we have... do the absolute best for our program, and stop scheduling so many built in losses into our schedule. No more OU, no more OSU, no more Ark... at least not for a few years while we build up our program's prowess. If we want to play those level of teams, play them in a bowl game after we upset some lower P5's and run through the conference.

Aston I'm also going to start calling you the baker, because you are all about cupcakes. You argued this same trash about our bball schedule this year.

As I told you then, getting your ass kicked can be a good thing. It gives you a measuring stick and shows you what the little things are that you have to do to be great.

We play OU and OSU not because we are looking for wins (although we have held our own against OSU who has a awful record against OU by the way) but they are traditional regional opponents. The same reason we play ORU and the same reason all this sports culture got started.

We're the smallest D1 school and our attendance sucks... Kansas is signing deals in hopes that they can win games... We could probably get a home and home with them... but they're probably the only power conference team we could do so with at the moment other than maybe Indiana.

You need to learn that we're not the rest of our conference. The rest of our conference has schools with 30-50K students. The only schools you should realistically be looking at are SMU and Tulane. Tulane gets some games because they are a regional recruiting center. SMU doesn't get home and homes DESPITE being a national recruiting center. SMU had to play a 3-1 with Baylor to get the series.

The Florida schools, Houston, Temple, Cincy, Memphis, even ECU... they all draw eyes and they make the P5's money. A lot of them are also in fertile recruiting grounds. We don't have those things. We need to work with what we have... do the absolute best for our program, and stop scheduling so many built in losses into our schedule. No more OU, no more OSU, no more Ark... at least not for a few years while we build up our program's prowess. If we want to play those level of teams, play them in a bowl game after we upset some lower P5's and run through the conference.

I am about to put you on ignore.

That is the dumbest thing I have read in a while. We're not good enough eh?

You sir are an utter idiot.

There are streams of lists of programs who average less who are getting these games. Our studentsize has litterally zero to do with who we sign home and homes with.

If we're going to follow your plan let's drop to FCS where we can win almost every game. Take a buy game against Rice every couple years and call it a day. Or we could have just stayed in conference USA.

We are currently losing because we have a bad coach. Changing to cupcakes so he can win more is not the answer. That's the Doug Woj way, probably why you're such a fan of his tenure.

We currently have a s*** home schedule because it appears our AD isn't even trying. We don't even have to include A5 home games into it. The rest of his schedules have been trash and we don't even have games schedule like most teams.

Aston I'm also going to start calling you the baker, because you are all about cupcakes. You argued this same trash about our bball schedule this year.

As I told you then, getting your ass kicked can be a good thing. It gives you a measuring stick and shows you what the little things are that you have to do to be great.

We play OU and OSU not because we are looking for wins (although we have held our own against OSU who has a awful record against OU by the way) but they are traditional regional opponents. The same reason we play ORU and the same reason all this sports culture got started.

We haven't LOST to OSU by less than two scores in two decades. That's not "holding your own". That's getting your butt whooped.

Getting your butt whooped is dumb in any sport. Repeatedly saying, 'please sir can I have another' to Ark, OU, and OSU is just terribly stupid. Take a break. Lift some weights. Get in shape... get your body right. Then kick their butts.

I am about to put you on ignore.

That is the dumbest thing I have read in a while. We're not good enough eh?

You sir are an utter idiot.

There are streams of lists of programs who average less who are getting these games. Our studentsize has litterally zero to do with who we sign home and homes with.

If we're going to follow your plan let's drop to FCS where we can win almost every game. Take a buy game against Rice every couple years and call it a day. Or we could have just stayed in conference USA.

We are currently losing because we have a bad coach. Changing to cupcakes so he can win more is not the answer. That's the Doug Woj way, probably why you're such a fan of his tenure.

We currently have a s*** home schedule because it appears our AD isn't even trying. We don't even have to include A5 home games into it. The rest of his schedules have been trash and we don't even have games schedule like most teams.
Fool. You're a fool. You blame everything and everyone... but refuse to address reality. The reality is... TU is in a tough spot in the sports world right now. You have to give your program the best chance to achieve and develop. That means winning more games... getting better recruits... putting more fans in seats... getting good teams coming to Chapman more often.

I'm not saying the current admin is doing a good job. I'm saying... your plan is unrealistic and unattainable at this stage.

We haven't LOST to OSU by less than two scores in two decades. That's not "holding your own". That's getting your butt whooped.

Getting your butt whooped is dumb in any sport. Repeatedly saying, 'please sir can I have another' to Ark, OU, and OSU is just terribly stupid. Take a break. Lift some weights. Get in shape... get your body right. Then kick their butts.

You're not even a TU fan.

We have played them 5 times since 2000 so you're not exactly making a strong point. In 2000 we lost by 10 which is less than two scores and under two decades but we already knew you couldn't do math.

3 of those 5 losses since 2000 were by teams who went a total of 11-25. (5-7, 4-8, 2-10).

How ever our over all record vs OSU is 28-41 including going 6-12 from 1981-1999 when we basically played every year and included our worst 10 year stretch of football.

OSU's record vs OU 18-87 just for a comparison.

Tulsa is 7-20 vs OU with us having lost 9 in a row through the 2000s.

To be honest I'm getting tired of holding your hand through basic Tulsa Athletics history. There is a couple good books out there you should read about it.

I helped to write the media guide and record books for Tulsa, so I have an unfair advantage but most of this is common TU knowledge, like polka dot suits.

Fool. You're a fool. You blame everything and everyone... but refuse to address reality. The reality is... TU is in a tough spot in the sports world right now. You have to give your program the best chance to achieve and develop. That means winning more games... getting better recruits... putting more fans in seats... getting good teams coming to Chapman more often.

I'm not saying the current admin is doing a good job. I'm saying... your plan is unrealistic and unattainable at this stage.

Cupcakes are great nutrition, let's feed that exclusively to kids and see how big and strong they grow up.

I don't know how many more examples you need to see before you realize that other teams in far worse shape, with fewer advantages, and less in general are doing it. Coastal F'n Carolina, Old Dominion, Appalachian St. Colorado St. Nevada, etc

You're not even a TU fan.

We have played them 5 times since 2000 so you're not exactly making a strong point. In 2000 we lost by 10 which is less than two scores and under two decades but we already knew you couldn't do math.

3 of those 5 losses since 2000 were by teams who went a total of 11-25. (5-7, 4-8, 2-10).

How ever our over all record vs OSU is 28-41 including going 6-12 from 1981-1999 when we basically played every year and included our worst 10 year stretch of football.

OSU's record vs OU 18-87 just for a comparison.

Tulsa is 7-20 vs OU with us having lost 9 in a row through the 2000s.

To be honest I'm getting tired of holding your hand through basic Tulsa Athletics history. There is a couple good books out there you should read about it.

I helped to write the media guide and record books for Tulsa, so I have an unfair advantage but most of this is common TU knowledge, like polka dot suits.
10 points is not less than two scores... unless you've come up with a 10 point play. A score doesn't just mean 6 or 7 points. Apparently you can't do math.

I know the history better than you do. By far.

I'm well aware of Tulsa's record vs. both OU, and OSU. We racked up a ton of wins against OSU during the first half of the 20th century. That helps our overall record against them. . We also racked up wins against them in the 90's when they were going through a down period and they didn't have Boone Picken's money backing them yet. That's made a world of difference in their ability to compete athletically. Even without Picken's money... you neglect to note that from the period of 1955 to now. We've only beat them 8 times. That's 8 wins over 39 games and one win on average every ~8 years. With Picken's money that average has gone down to 1 win every 20 years (and counting).

I don't care about the OSU vs OU record when they're both clearly beating the crap out of us. It doesn't matter how much better OU is than OSU is if OSU keeps trashing us. Also, they're in the same conference so it's not like OSU could choose not to play OU. Just for kicks, OSU has one win roughly every 4 years against OU these days... That's not a bad average compared to 1/20(+).

I can read stat books too. I also know how the landscape of college football has changed since 2000... OSU got a lot better due to an influx of cash from a certain donor. Realignment happened multiple times, and every time it's happened, it's meant a tougher time for TU getting home games vs state schools. OU dominated (bleh)... Arkansas has been down, and we still haven't beat them. It's time to try our hand elsewhere for a while. We had a good series against Iowa State. Competitive games that we could have won with a little bit of luck. We did a good job against Va Tech in our bowl. Those are the quality of programs we should be facing to build our program. Not perennial top 25 teams.

Cupcakes are great nutrition, let's feed that exclusively to kids and see how big and strong they grow up.

I don't know how many more examples you need to see before you realize that other teams in far worse shape, with fewer advantages, and less in general are doing it. Coastal F'n Carolina, Old Dominion, Appalachian St. Colorado St. Nevada, etc
Kansas is the losingest team in D1. They'll schedule literally anybody home and home. If you want to do a home and home with them, you still could in my plan.

If you want to try and get Wake Forest home and home... you still could with two other 2-1's going at the same time.

App state has a 2-1 coming up with UNC... who is not a perennial power in football.

Colorado State just built a brand new multi-million dollar stadium of course they're going to get schools... just like we did when we spent millions on Chapman... that's not an option right now.

I can keep going if you like. You should realize, that my plan doesn't preclude your plan... it doesn't even say that we couldn't play OU or OSU or Arkansas (in an alternate universe) 2-1. It just says that we should make an effort to schedule more winnable series with bigger name teams more often and it would get more good games in Chapman.

10 points is not less than two scores... unless you've come up with a 10 point play. A score doesn't just mean 6 or 7 points. Apparently you can't do math.

I know the history better than you do. By far.

I'm well aware of Tulsa's record vs. both OU, and OSU. We racked up a ton of wins against OSU during the first half of the 20th century. That helps our overall record against them. . We also racked up wins against them in the 90's when they were going through a down period and they didn't have Boone Picken's money backing them yet. That's made a world of difference in their ability to compete athletically. Even without Picken's money... you neglect to note that from the period of 1955 to now. We've only beat them 8 times. That's 8 wins over 39 games and one win on average every ~8 years. With Picken's money that average has gone down to 1 win every 20 years (and counting).

I don't care about the OSU vs OU record when they're both clearly beating the crap out of us. It doesn't matter how much better OU is than OSU is if OSU keeps trashing us. Also, they're in the same conference so it's not like OSU could choose not to play OU. Just for kicks, OSU has one win roughly every 4 years against OU these days... That's not a bad average compared to 1/20(+).

I can read stat books too. I also know how the landscape of college football has changed since 2000... OSU got a lot better due to an influx of cash from a certain donor. Realignment happened multiple times, and every time it's happened, it's meant a tougher time for TU getting home games vs state schools. OU dominated (bleh)... Arkansas has been down, and we still haven't beat them. It's time to try our hand elsewhere for a while. We had a good series against Iowa State. Competitive games that we could have won with a little bit of luck. We did a good job against Va Tech in our bowl. Those are the quality of programs we should be facing to build our program. Not perennial top 25 teams.

Two scores = 16 points, but I will be nice and say 14

Loss by less than two scores.

10 < 14

Averaging a win every 4 years and comparing that to 1 in 20 years, nice. Of course looking at apples to apples that's basically 1 win every 4 games. One team has just played the other one more often in the same time period. But good job proving you still don't know math.

History? You don't know :crap:. Literally not a damn thing. The game with OSU was home and home and annual till 2000 when TU and OSU's administration got into it over the home and home schedule. Public opinion was on Tulsa's side till the idiot Burns made the comment about two programs going in different directions. That sunk it and gave OSU the excuse to latter force 2-1s. That's why we have played OU 9 times since 2000 and OSU 5 times even though traditionally and all through our Independence we played OSU and Arkansas regularly but OU only on occasion. Just so you know.

I didn't read a stat book. I wrote it. It was my job to dig out historical tidbits, compile records, and present the information. I helped make the reference guide people use to figure things out about Tulsa Football history.

You talk out your ass about things you are clueless of.

I'm done with you now.

Two scores = 16 points, but I will be nice and say 14

Loss by less than two scores.

10 < 14

Averaging a win every 4 years and comparing that to 1 in 20 years, nice. Of course looking at apples to apples that's basically 1 win every 4 games. One team has just played the other one more often in the same time period. But good job proving you still don't know math.

History? You don't know :crap:. Literally not a damn thing. The game with OSU was home and home and annual till 2000 when TU and OSU's administration got into it over the home and home schedule. Public opinion was on Tulsa's side till the idiot Burns made the comment about two programs going in different directions. That sunk it and gave OSU the excuse to latter force 2-1s. That's why we have played OU 9 times since 2000 and OSU 5 times even though traditionally and all through our Independence we played OSU and Arkansas regularly but OU only on occasion. Just so you know.

I didn't read a stat book. I wrote it. It was my job to dig out historical tidbits, compile records, and present the information. I helped make the reference guide people use to figure things out about Tulsa Football history.

You talk out your ass about things you are clueless of.

I'm done with you now.
Buddy. I had a very similar job to what you did. You want to test my TU knowledge. Fine go ahead.

Two scores means you would have to score twice to win the game. Meaning anything greater than 8 points and less than 16 points.

If you want to talk math, unless you were a math or stats major I’ve been through as many or (likely) more math classes than you.

I never said anything about the history of the OSU series besides the fact that the majority of our victories in the series came close to 70 years ago and the fact that we haven’t won and have barely competed in games with them in the last 20 years, right about the same time they started the Pickens influx. Things have changed since 2000. Heck, they’ve changed since 2012.

What you think TU can do, if they just had a better coach or a better AD, or a better President, or even a better water boy just isn’t in the realm of reality. I’m not saying the athletic department couldn’t run better, just that you have some seriously blue and gold glasses on and your “new” ideas are pretty stale. You’re stuck in the 2000’s. Meet me in the 2020’s.

Buddy. I had a very similar job to what you did. You want to test my TU knowledge. Fine go ahead.

Two scores means you would have to score twice to win the game. Meaning anything greater than 8 points and less than 16 points.

If you want to talk math, unless you were a math or stats major I’ve been through as many or (likely) more math classes than you.

I never said anything about the history of the OSU series besides the fact that the majority of our victories in the series came close to 70 years ago and the fact that we haven’t won and have barely competed in games with them in the last 20 years, right about the same time they started the Pickens influx. Things have changed since 2000. Heck, they’ve changed since 2012.

What you think TU can do, if they just had a better coach or a better AD, or a better President, or even a better water boy just isn’t in the realm of reality. I’m not saying the athletic department couldn’t run better, just that you have some seriously blue and gold glasses on and your “new” ideas are pretty stale. You’re stuck in the 2000’s. Meet me in the 2020’s.

It's over man. You've proven your ignorance beyond any doubt.

Whether it's about coaching

Basketball

Football

Tulsa's history

Tulsa's position

The requirements to build winning programs

Or simple math

It's over man. You've proven your ignorance beyond any doubt.

Whether it's about coaching

Basketball

Football

Tulsa's history

Tulsa's position

The requirements to build winning programs

Or simple math
Come back when you pass college algebra.

All in favor of seeing Aston and TU4Ever2 squaring off on the Cain's Stage at Homecoming in a 1st ever Annual Inside Tulsa Sports Grudge Match, e-mail the Homecoming committee!

All in favor of seeing Aston and TU4Ever2 squaring off on the Cain's Stage at Homecoming in a 1st ever Annual Inside Tulsa Sports Grudge Match, e-mail the Homecoming committee!
Only if we get Jim Ross to call it...

xjjzs.jpg

20140412-092626.jpg

Former TU football player and Tag Team Rasslin World Champion Steve Cox should referee!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT