ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (11.25.23 - 12.1.23) @ LITTLE ROCK

Not basketball, but an interesting article on Kissinger from Rolling Stone. They don't hold back. I wasn't aware that he essentially played both sides of the aisle. He did some really shady :crap: and certainly didn't care who got hurt or died as a result

Rolling Stone wasn’t the only publication to critique the work and deeds of Henry.

Reactions: malone15 and TU_BLA
I have a friend who is a pastor and his FB post about Kissinger was pretty fiery. I was a little shocked at how angry it was.
He certainly does deserves some criticism. Also warrants some praise. I don’t have extreme feelings either way. He does have quite the life story.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
He certainly does deserves some criticism. Also warrants some praise. I don’t have extreme feelings either way. He does have quite the life story.
I think the biggest criticism is related to eventually paving the way for the Khmer Rouge to come into power in Cambodia by blasting that country into the stone age and killing about 3M civilians through the carpet bombing campaign to shut down the Ho Chi Minh trail. Or maybe the criticism is due to planning a coup in Chile paving the way for Pinochet and his death squads to come into power. And that doesn't even mention subverting the Johnson administrations efforts to broker a cease fire/peace deal in Vietnam as far back as 1968 as a strategy to get Nixon elected over Humphrey.

I'm sure he shaped a lot of policy that was "good" but some of the things he did in the name of national security were atrocious

I think the biggest criticism is related to eventually paving the way for the Khmer Rouge to come into power in Cambodia by blasting that country into the stone age and killing about 3M civilians through the carpet bombing campaign to shut down the Ho Chi Minh trail. Or maybe the criticism is due to planning a coup in Chile paving the way for Pinochet and his death squads to come into power. And that doesn't even mention subverting the Johnson administrations efforts to broker a cease fire/peace deal in Vietnam as far back as 1968 as a strategy to get Nixon elected over Humphrey.

I'm sure he shaped a lot of policy that was "good" but some of the things he did in the name of national security were atrocious
The Cambodia criticism is fair as is our handling of the entire Vietnam war. I do believe Cambodia falls to the Khmer Rouge regardless of the bombing campaign for the same reasons Vietnam fell to the Viet Cong.

You know what I'm gonna post before I even post it. I'll give you one letter, in case you need a hint. 'C'

What are the odds of taking the Kissinger banter to crossfire and making this thread about basketball?

Reactions: I.I.
FAU thumped Liberty 83-58 but don’t let the score fool you Liberty is going to ruin some top program’s day come tournament time.

FAU losing at home to Bryant might go down as the headscratcher of the year. They've now whipped 4 consecutive top 75 KenPom teams, 2 of them by 30 points.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
USF took the head coach and 2 best returning players from a really good Kennesaw State team… and they still stink.

As will I…..Rolling Stone 😂😂. Might try the WSJ for those wanting a fairly balanced article by a respected source.

You mean that company that’s owned by the notoriously unbiased Rupert Murdoch?

Reactions: chito_and_leon
As will I…..Rolling Stone 😂😂. Might try the WSJ for those wanting a fairly balanced article by a respected source.

The WSJ lost its respectability after Rupert bought them.

No full post today.

Yesterday Creighton knocked off Oklahoma State 79-65 in the Only Non American game on the slate.

Florida Atlantic put a Whipping on Liberty 83-58
East Carolina beat UNC Wilmington 74-66
Hofstra decimated South Florida 82-63
Rice took care of UT Martin 98-78
UTSA edged out Lamar 86-83

Today

UAB hosts Southern Miss. 7:00 p.m. Tip on ESPN+
Yooler hosts Arkie State. 6:30 p.m. Tip on ESPN+
Incarnate Word travels To Daytona to face Bethune-Cookman. 6:00 p.m. Tip on YouTube

Tomorrow there is a big slate of games and it is also the Mayors Cup as Tulsa goes across Town to take on Oral Roberts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT