ADVERTISEMENT

Non Conference Schedule

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
We’re off to a good start but against inferior teams. We should enter conference play with a decent record. A lot will depend, IMO, whether Willis is back in the lineup. He’s probably our best shooter, especially from 3-pt range.

We could go undefeated in non-con (highly unlikely) or finish with 2-3 losses (more likely). I feel our toughest games will be OSU and Mo St. We’ve been down playing OSU but they are/have been dealing with injuries, and significant ones.

Their 1st loss to Abilene Christian was without, IMO, their most valuable player pg Javon Small along with Jamyron Keller and Isaiah Miranda.

Miranda, the 7-1 Rivals 4-star talent from NC St and a player we really wanted in the portal, has yet to play due to a hip injury.

Keller, a top 150 player missed the 1st 4 games and returned from a wrist injury to lead the Cowboys with 18 pts, including 4-7 from 3-pt in their win over New Orleans.

Bryce Thompson injured his knee in the St Bonnie loss and hasn’t played since. 2 of their 3 losses have been by 2 pts. IMO, they are a much better team than their early record indicates. When they get their players healthy they’re going to be pretty good.

They have too much talent, although much of their talent, like ours, is young.

Missouri State has a good team. Their only loss was their opener at West Virginia and they led much of the game (up 30-24 at half). They beat ORU by 15 and Abilene Christian by 18.

I’ve been watching a lot of basketball this year and the Valley has some really good teams. I’m watching Northern Iowa up by 6 on North Carolina at the half. Drake, SIU, Mo St, Bradley, Indians St, etc are decent.

Interesting side note—announcers said that the best shooter on UNC’s team is Dougies son Paxson Wojcik. Cue The Beach Boys. Lol

Yes, both of those teams should beat us but in one game you never know.

Mo state, like us is guard heavy. I said earlier if we can get by OSU/mo state/Oru we have a real good shot at going undefeated in non conference. But that's a big if. @I.I. is right we more than likely lose one of those, I'm glad mo state is a home game I would not like our chances if it was there.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
That would be awesome. When talking about games we should win ORU is a game we should 100% should win. Even if Willis is still out. I know we can never guarantee that game a win and we shouldn't guarantee any game a win but man I don't think they're that much better than any of the teams we've played.

Reactions: TU 1978
I think it will take him several games to get back into game shape and old form. Should not expect much from him for a while.
Yeah, I think it will be OSU at the earliest that he is getting back in form. ORU & Loyola will be the games where he's getting back in playing shape.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT