ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Hill — Fresno

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
I was looking at the box score from the Fresno/New Mexico State game and noticed Hill led Fresno with 21 pts. He’s having a good year as a senior.

He’s tied for the team’s lead in scoring, at 14.8 pts/game. He’s shooting 42.2% fgs and 44% 3-pt, 100% fts (10-10), 4.3 rbs and 1.3 stls What impressed me was he’s averaging 6.8 assts to only 2.3 to’s.

Another interesting tidbit from looking at that game is a player on the NM St team. They have a 6-2 guard in Chris Cook from Midwest City.

As a senior, Cook was named class 6-A all-state and offensive POY. He played at Northeastern State in Tahlequah for 3 years before transferring to NM-St.

At NM St, he’s avg 12.7 pts shooting 56.4% fgs, 42.9% 3-pt and 92.3% fts. He’s doing quite well coming from a D2 school.

He would of played like this if he stayed, everyone knew he could be special from his freshman year, he showed really good flashes. The problem was haith said I'm going to start keyshawn embry Simpson over you and hill laughed at that and bounced. Can't blame him.

Last edited:
Hill “bounced” because he wanted to be closer to home during the Covid times.

Hill “bounced” because he wanted to be closer to home during the Covid times.
Not even sort of. Hill would of had no problem staying if he wasn't going to come off the bench. Haith wanted hill to come off the bench and he felt like he should of been starting. Had absolutely nothing to do with COVID. He transferred to Fresno State because he was going to start and was his best offer after entering his name in the transfer portal. He's started every game since transferring there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT