ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball All Conference Awards

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Travesty. Poindexter is Player of the Year and 1st team All AAC. Crawford is relegated to Most Improved Player and 2nd team. She easily deserved 1st team honors. And somehow North Texas' coach was named Coach of the Year...not sure how that is when we finished 1st and really outperformed our predicted finish (4th or 5th). No other TU player found themselves on the honors list...I think TU's players and coaches should feel a little slighted by this and I hope they take that and just crush everyone this week.

Remember who votes and remember that them having a dog in the fight often tilts the vote. Crawford was likely a victim of this. Nelp was robbed, and is coach of the year in our books and that's what we should focus. Treat her as such, get her paid, and get her locked into the position for years to come.

Note to programs that might be thinking about hiring Coach Delp away from us: You don't want someone who didn't even win coach of the year.

Reactions: bluegold70
On the Men’s side, We have only had one first team all-conference player in the AAC. Martins Igbanu in 2019-2020. Rachal and Jeffries were 3rd team. Horne got no mention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT