ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Memphis 7:00 tonight...let's get it started!

+10000000000.

I'm ready for 2019 when he's no longer here.

How many games have you been to over the past couple of seasons? Also do you donate to the GHC? Are you involved with TU in anyway outside of coming here and acting like a douche?

I’d be willing to bet the answer to the first question is 1 or less and the answer to the other two questions is no.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
2nd half has been pretty bad but this announcing crew has really been talking up TU the school and Tulsa the city. I wish they did every single one of our home games.

They got overly excited for Goldie, have discussed the Art Deco of the City, and talked about how good of a school TU is academically. Have also had nice things to say about the team even when there hasn’t been a ton of positive.
I actually thought our defense was pretty decent. After the Tulane debacle we really improved substantially and tonight played well enough to give us a chance.

Offense is pathetic.

Yes!!! She’s gonna have a rough day tomorrow.
Did she get into it with somebody. Couldn't tell for sure, I was 7 or 8 rows higher in 116. Looked like she was going back & forth with somebody. I'll bet she was at the Hurricane Lounge in the 4th quarter.

Did she get into it with somebody. Couldn't tell for sure, I was 7 or 8 rows higher in 116. Looked like she was going back & forth with somebody. I'll bet she was at the Hurricane Lounge in the 4th quarter.

Haha someone stole her cowbell when she went to the bathroom... so she wasn’t happy about that.

But then she got payback by making us all watch her make out with her equally gross looking husband.

Haha someone stole her cowbell when she went to the bathroom... so she wasn’t happy about that.

But then she got payback by making us all watch her make out with her equally gross looking husband.
Seemed like he took off for the Hurricane Lounge b4 she did. . She looked all by herself towards the end.

Couldn't stop rubber necking cuz the girls next to me were contagiously watching her 24/7.(and the game stopped being worthy of any real attention)

Seemed like he took off for the Hurricane Lounge b4 she did. . She looked all by herself towards the end.

Couldn't stop rubber necking cuz the girls next to me were contagiously watching her 24/7.

Yeah he left for a while... I would have too. But he came back, had a gross makeout session with her, grabbed her butt, then they left, but not before she danced in the isle and yelled one last time on the way out.

It was pretty awesome.

We are not an awful football team, we are young and make dumb mistakes on
both sides of the ball.
I wonder....

In the old days, when an inner tube had too many holes to fix, you bought a new
inner tube....

With so many personnel problems, and very few positions on either side of the
ball really well manned, you begin to wonder.....You can add some rather bull
headed play calling to the negative mix, and you ask yourself if it can all be
fixed--Either in one season or at all.....

I frankly don't know.....I took a hard look at the roster the other day, and I
don't see as many potential solutions as there are known problems...Last
season was a good one, and we graduated a bunch of talent....The
replacements haven't been as good....This season, we graduate the few
shining lights on the DL, and the roster does not show many replacements...

I'm really downhearted about our FB program.....You have to go back to
the Burns years to see any thing comparable....The personnel are young,
as BLA says, but the problems seem to go deeper than that....

I hope this off-season does make a difference, and we will emerge next
season as a different, improved and energized team.....Somehow, however,
that seems like a real stretch.....I hope it's not.....

I think it's safe to say the debate between who was the best between Herman, Morris and Montgomery has been settled. It's clear that the order is Herman then Morris then Montgomery.

Reactions: TUGrad06
I think it's safe to say the debate between who was the best between Herman, Morris and Montgomery has been settled. It's clear that the order is Herman then Morris then Montgomery.

Congrats Coog, Herman was hired away first. Now you have Applewhite.

How many games have you been to over the past couple of seasons? Also do you donate to the GHC? Are you involved with TU in anyway outside of coming here and acting like a douche?

I’d be willing to bet the answer to the first question is 1 or less and the answer to the other two questions is no.
I get to a game or 2 a year... so what? How is my small drop of change in the tu budget gonna do anything? I can't afford any substantial donation. I could give a bit maybe...big whoop. Rather that go to a friend in need or a charity than the ghc...my money won't make a damn bit of difference to the product on the field.

I'm just calling a bad coach bad. What the hell does my money have to do with anything? I guess by your logic, since you're clearly a better fan, you should be giving half your income to the program. Maybe that'll make Monty a better coach.

Perhaps it's just a youth issue...
perhaps.

But, these kids are OUT OF POSITION on virtually/nearly every play it seems. Make really bone head penalties (too often). And are poor tacklers for the most part. That all adds up to 1 thing from what I've been told and have seen through the years: BAD COACHING.

He'll get 1 more year... and we'll see what happens I suppose.

Time for Basketball now.

I get to a game or 2 a year... so what? How is my small drop of change in the tu budget gonna do anything? I can't afford any substantial donation. I could give a bit maybe...big whoop. Rather that go to a friend in need or a charity than the ghc...my money won't make a damn bit of difference to the product on the field.

I'm just calling a bad coach bad. What the hell does my money have to do with anything? I guess by your logic, since you're clearly a better fan, you should be giving half your income to the program. Maybe that'll make Monty a better coach.

The point wasn’t about money, it’s about you being a troll and not really a TU fan. There hasn’t been one time you’ve been happy with anything regarding TU sports. You don’t post anything of substance, but rather wait until game day and come here to spew nonsense.

And for the record, yes I’m a better TU fan than you... so is just about everyone here (and that has nothing to do with money).

I know you think you’ve got this all figured out and that you’re somehow a sports guru/know it all, but you probably know the least about TU of everyone that posts here.

Of course we all want TU to be successful. Neither I nor anyone here is happy with this years team or what Montgomery has done. Is it a fluke year? Or is it a trend? We’ll find out, but coming here and acting like a jackass does nothing for anyone besides you (who must get some weird satisfaction out of being an Internet troll).

Last edited:
The team has regressed since the first game of the season. Houston win was an aberration unfortunately. Guess Monty isn't as dynamic as we all thought after last season's impressive 10 - 3. This year we won't even get to 3 wins possibly. Bring back coach Cooper. He looks pretty good from that video this week honoring the '82 team.
The 82 team was a tough, hard-nosed group...really good work on the video.

Perhaps it's just a youth issue...
perhaps.

But, these kids are OUT OF POSITION on virtually/nearly every play it seems. Make really bone head penalties (too often). And are poor tacklers for the most part. That all adds up to 1 thing from what I've been told and have seen through the years: BAD COACHING.

He'll get 1 more year... and we'll see what happens I suppose.

Time for Basketball now.

Sorry to say but this trend will continue. I brought to attention before the
season started that we were getting "smoked" by all our conference mates
in recruiting. Some do not put importance to STAR value. It's apparent
that Tulsa is a tough sale right now and it's only going to get worse.

Reactions: TUGrad06
yes... recruiting is down under Montgomery.
Recruiting was 'down' under Blankenship. Then Montgomery came in and won.

On star ratings recruiting is at least equal under Montgomery to Blankenship. Essentially you have no clue whether 'recruiting is down'.

Recruiting was 'down' under Blankenship. Then Montgomery came in and won.

On star ratings recruiting is at least equal under Montgomery to Blankenship. Essentially you have no clue whether 'recruiting is down'.

He or She's saying that there hasn't been any splash commitments under Montgomery.

He or She's saying that there hasn't been any splash commitments under Montgomery.
Wasn't any under Blankenship, except maybe a few that have already graduated after Montgomery's first year.

And Rowdy Frederick's commitment was a splash commitment. Keep talking about a team you don't really know about, and supporting one of our two or three other trolls.

Wasn't any under Blankenship, except maybe a few that have already graduated after Montgomery's first year.

And Rowdy Frederick's commitment was a splash commitment. Keep talking about a team you don't really know about, and supporting one of our two or three other trolls.
Dane Evans, Keevan Lucas, Josh Atkinson , Brewer, Flanders....all of these and more were Bill's recruits. Now TU is reduced to playing true freshman.

Dane Evans, Keevan Lucas, Josh Atkinson , Brewer, Flanders....all of these and more were Bill's recruits. Now TU is reduced to playing true freshman.
Most of those weren't splash commitments, which was the conversation topic.

Maybe Evans was an under the radar splash commitment. Keyarris was. Lucas was a 2*, we knew he would be good but he wasn't a splash commitment. Brewer was even a lower ranked 2* than Lucas. Atkinson was a good commit, but he wasn't splash.

Those guys were all great players. BB had a keen eye for knowing how great those guys would be. We need another big runner on 3rd and short like we used to get with Singleton. We had a few 3rd and 1s last night where we got stuffed and had to punt on a run. Helps to have a huge guy like a singleton to throw in a heavy package. Hobbs looked better last night and more sure-handed. Skipper had a stellar first half. Not sure what he ate during the half, but he was awful thereafter. Just a lack fo consistency from our players (except the punter) from week to week.

There was no in between with BB. He either signed starters or players with no business in Division I football.

Reactions: URedskin54
Flanders and Brewer never did anything under Blank. Monty's system allowed them to thrive. He groomed Dane in to the best passer in TU history. Atkinson hadn't done anything in Blank's offense either. Would Blank have won with those guys when they got older? I don't know... Maybe. That staff just felt stale though.

The problem with TU in general is that there's never enough positivity. Everyone expects the smallest school in D1 with the fewest resources in the conference to win every year. That's just not feasible. We're playing against Big East money. We're playing against huge donor bases. The stakes were raised in this new conference and sometimes you have to take a step back and regroup. This is one of those years. Just take a deep breathe and relax. It's supposed to be fun.

Flanders and Brewer never did anything under Blank. Monty's system allowed them to thrive. He groomed Dane in to the best passer in TU history. Atkinson hadn't done anything in Blank's offense either. Would Blank have won with those guys when they got older? I don't know... Maybe. That staff just felt stale though.

The problem with TU in general is that there's never enough positivity. Everyone expects the smallest school in D1 with the fewest resources in the conference to win every year. That's just not feasible. We're playing against Big East money. We're playing against huge donor bases. The stakes were raised in this new conference and sometimes you have to take a step back and regroup. This is one of those years. Just take a deep breathe and relax. It's supposed to be fun.
What I was expecting/hoping in Montgomery was consistency from year to year. Its true that Phil retooled Blankenship's recruits to have success in their junior and senior seasons, but its evident that TU didn't have the players to reload the talent that was lost from last year. This staff has got to do a better job of recruiting those 2 star athletes that prove the critics wrong by their junior season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT