ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Memphis 7:00 tonight...let's get it started!

Would someone, maybe a coach, please tell Skipper he can THROW THE DANG BALL AWAY. Why, oh God why, does he never throw the stupid rhfhej ball away.

Reactions: TUGrad06
I'm hostile. We are hanging in there, but we appear poorly coached in many regards.

We are going into the locker room with the ball and 3 timeouts in our pocket. Disappointing. We need to play to win.

Weird that we were content to just run out the last 1:40 of the half

Reactions: JesseTU
We are not an awful football team, we are young and make dumb mistakes on both sides of the ball. Skipper better start stepping into his throws or they will start getting picked at a higher rate OR he is going to get a WR killed as they wait for the floater to come down.

Our OL is doing a decent job in both run and pass block tonight but Skipper can’t make up his mind and not a single WR works back to the football when he starts scrambling.

Our WRs are doing a better job of catching the ball and getting open for the most part.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I can't understand why Johnson purposely fell down/sat down one yard short of a first down on a 2nd down reception. There was no one around him.....wierd play.

I can't understand why Johnson purposely fell down/sat down one yard short of a first down on a 2nd down reception. There was no one around him.....wierd play.

Looked to me like he was scared of getting hit and misjudged how close the defenders were.

First half thoughts: overall I thought the team played well. Defense continued to make a lot of bad reads and decisions, wish Skipper would throw away more. But pleased, sadly need better play than that to beat this Memphis team.

My most frustrating part was the final drive where Monty played very over conservative. Call a timeout after the first down, try and go deep. Could’ve at least tried for a field goal.

Can any of the former defensive players who post tell me what the advantage to the CBS playing a side versus matching up on a WR. We’re not playing much zone vs the outside receivers and Miller is killing us when he lines up in the slot.

It was a dumb play...it almost looked as though he thought he was past the 1st down marker and was trying to go down to stop the clock...except he wasn’t and he didn’t and he ended up with egg on his face

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Too bad our D waits until 1st and goal to play hard nosed football in the trenches.

#6 for Memphis is a beast of a RB. Not sure what he’s listed at but he looks almost as tall as Ferguson. Wish we had our #6 RB back

Whoever the TU special teams coach is just cussed Bennett out after that punt. F-bomb was loud and clear

Our PA announcer has been doing this for 30+ years and hasn’t figured out there are duplicate numbers? 2nd time tonight he’s called Nigel on the punt return when it’s Wadley who’s been doing it for 2 seasons

Seems like we should be able to exploit Hobbs 6 or 8" height advantage once or twice.
Last week we were screaming for Skipper to drive the ball in there when he passed because wide open WRs were having to wait for the ball. This week he is driving it in more but in situations where he probably needs to put some more air under it.

Also, when Skipper scrambles, anything downfield is lost. He tucks and scrambles But is not trying to find anyone downfield

HEY SUITS! Memphis doesn’t need the damn free yards you’ve given them the last 2 series. I thought the players that came to TU were supposed to be semi-intelligent.

Agree on the Nigel call out on the punt returns...you would think someone would tell him.
Well I’ve pretty much been railing on the scoreboard operator too...that guy can’t figure out what the hell is going on either. I can only assume the spotter is an 80 year old guy with cataracts too. That would make the trifecta of 3 Blind Mice in the booth

Just looked at the Memphis depth chart...they are very young too...

But, they have a senior QB.

I love their offense...a lot of motion.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
4th. Play to win. Please play to win.

Also...just showed the woman in117 on the jumbotron.

2nd half has been pretty bad but this announcing crew has really been talking up TU the school and Tulsa the city. I wish they did every single one of our home games.

They got overly excited for Goldie, have discussed the Art Deco of the City, and talked about how good of a school TU is academically. Have also had nice things to say about the team even when there hasn’t been a ton of positive.

Hobbs is our best receiver and has a height advantage. We had him 1 on 1 with their shortest db. So we shifted another receiver over and then threw into double coverage.

I'm no genius, but what am I missing?

Also, watching Memphis, we have a very limited offense. Do we ever run a screen? Any trick plays? Anything?

Am I just being hostile?
Does anyone care?

Do we ever run a screen?

We run a WR screen to Johnson 4 or 5 times per game. Very rarely a RB screen though.

Monty’s offense is much less about motion and more about spreading defense out. I prefer Malzahn/Norvell style offense with motion and misdirection it is beautiful.

True, we do the WR screen. In my head that's more of a quick out pass, but it is a screen, thanks. I'm thinking the RB screen where you use enthusiasm and lack of discipline to get past defender's and down field.

Hobbs is our best receiver and has a height advantage. We had him 1 on 1 with their shortest db. So we shifted another receiver over and then threw into double coverage.

I'm no genius, but what am I missing?

Also, watching Memphis, we have a very limited offense. Do we ever run a screen? Any trick plays? Anything?

Am I just being hostile?
Does anyone care?
I think you're being real. We have bad coaches. Sorry I'm late, was watching the Allen Eagles get to 9-0.

Fire Monty. Zero improvement all year. Look decent against Houston, then just fail over and over. At minimum get better, not worse.

Based on your comment about matchups...I think you're a better coach than Monty.

The team has regressed since the first game of the season. Houston win was an aberration unfortunately. Guess Monty isn't as dynamic as we all thought after last season's impressive 10 - 3. This year we won't even get to 3 wins possibly. Bring back coach Cooper. He looks pretty good from that video this week honoring the '82 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT