ADVERTISEMENT

Texas game thread

whatever i wasnt expecting to win this game.

but i wasnt expecting to have a shot at the game only to see it get f-d up by penalties, stupid personnel calls and 4 missed field goals.

id almost rather be losing 35-0

Do we have any other kickers? If not don’t attempt a FG again. He’s absolutely horrible.

Highlight of the offense this half... the OL looks better than they did against UCA. A Stokes looked real nice on the sweep.

Nothing else worth mentioning on offense. I’m actually happy with the defense, as a whole, but I think it’s because I’ve gotten so used to TU defense being absolutely horrendous and nonexistent.
We better have some donors willing to buy Noah Rauschenberg’s parents a new S Tulsa mansion to get him to TU next year. My 12 year old can kick straighter than these slugs. Use a f—-omg scholarship on a K rather than taking all these walk-on slugs.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Skipper averaged 2.6 yards per completion.

That’s just as bad as President.

Not going to win much when the “QB whisperer” coach can’t whisper anymore nor call good plays on offense.

This is nothing but a big money body bag game. There’s zero expectation of winning this game. I’m not trying to be negative, just realistic. We don’t have enough athletes, talent, coaching, facilities, or money to compete with teams such as Texas.

It’s not a question of winning but rather competing...

We are not competing.

This is yr 4 of PM.. our QB should be a RS junior with an arm. Our OLine should be a well oiled machine.. our special teams should execute...

This is yr 4.. all his players should be in their positions.. very few B.B. players left..

PM was merely a hall monitor at Baylor.

Peace y'all. I can't convince my wife we have chance... So she's calling it.

OK. Let's take a step back from the ledge and look at this for what it is. Our special teams are inexplicably horrible. How do you miss 4 field goals in a row? I think our offense is improving through the game. Keep CP out of this. It only caused a motion penalty. Manny Bunch can not tackle. I think he is afraid of contact which I'm not sure I have ever seen in D1 before. Christian Williams is waaaay better. We had our chances. Kickers need to take a bus home.

Maybe Monty can find a FG kicker in the intramural league!

From what I am seeing from texas, they are going to be a second tier team in the Big 12. They haven't shown anything.

Maybe Monty can find a FG kicker in the intramural league!

From what I am seeing from texas, they are going to be a second tier team in the Big 12. They haven't shown anything.

Again, that’s why I’m pissed.

No reason we should be down 21 right now.
Poor execution at QB, WR, DB’s, and special teams along with stupid azz penalties are why we are down.

That is 100% on coaches either via recruiting or preparation.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
So I'm pretty sure last game Skipper was allowed to run the offense and either hand off or pass depending on what he saw. This game it looks like we are slowing down our pace so Monty can telegraph play calls to Skipper in order to set up missed field goals.

21-9 at the half. Not too bad. oh wait......we missed those FG's. Unbelievable. I'm heading to the liquor cabinet.

I've never seen 4 missed FG's within 45 yards in one half (I know one doesn't count...but still)...

The closest sh!t show I've seen like this was when ECU could have beaten Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl, but their kicker couldn't make anything.

Reactions: XOut88
Special teams need to get it together no doubt and receivers have got to catch the ball! That’s the problem- team Ned’s to settle down and keep that tempo up - Texas will not be able to keep up if we keep the game moving fast. We also need to be confident and stop playing it safe - to beat the big boys you have to play big!

This may be just a payout game, but it's this sort of thing why we never see attendance increases. If you just schedule games with big name teams strictly for money, just to lie down, our attendance deserves to be crap honestly. I hate going to a half empty stadium just as much as the other guy but I don't think we have anything to complain about in that issue until we win some of these games, like other teams in our league are doing.

good punt and punt coverage. See, the special teams can make some plays. I'm just not understanding the lack of creativity on offense.

The offense sputtered in significant periods during the UCA game. To me, we're seeing a continuation of the offense we should expect this year.

Sad and surprising...due to our expectations of Monty's skillset.

good punt and punt coverage. See, the special teams can make some plays. I'm just not understanding the lack of creativity on offense.
Punt team hasn’t been the issue/. Bennett is avg something like 46 yards per kick this season

I told the wife, "we are hanging there.". She said:

21-0.
Texas sucks.
Tulsa has no offense.
Undisciplined.
Defense is hit or miss.
Tulsa is going to lose. It's over.

What the hell. I got told by the wife. I can't argue. I can't. Damn it.

I told the wife, "we are hanging there.". She said:

21-0.
Texas sucks.
Tulsa has no offense.
Undisciplined.
Defense is hit or miss.
Tulsa is going to lose. It's over.

What the hell. I got told by the wife. I can't argue. I can't. Damn it.
Wise woman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT