ADVERTISEMENT

Texas game thread

Somehow, we failed to surprise them with run up the middle, run up the middle, run up the middle.

It is unlikely the "I'm bigger than you" offense will work here Monte. Can't afford to right off a possession jist because we start with bad field possession.

Reactions: TUGrad06
It was a run up the middle, run to the outside of the RT, and an RPO that Monty clearly wanted Skipper to pass out of.

Somehow, we failed to surprise them with run up the middle, run up the middle, run up the middle.

It is unlikely the "I'm bigger than you" offense will work here Monte. Can't afford to right off a possession jist because we start with bad field possession.

Zone read is good if you mix it up. Skipper had to keep some of those.

FFS, can't give up a ten yard cushion. Rush defense good, pass defense bad.

Edit: run defense good when tackling doesn't suck.

I realize u guys hate the truth. But it was the same with bb. Not a good coach.

No I’m calling you an idiot for overreacting about a 3 and out.

Should Monty be fired? Maybe, but impossible to tell until the end of the season. Even if this season isn’t the best I suspect he gets one more year because of the QB he has waiting on RS.

Fexas is still beatable. Let’s be creative.

I know the athletic dept. is hard up for money but at some point we need to stop taking these sacrificial lamb games just for the sake of a $1M payout.

The defense is a major issue. Has been with our defensive coordinator.

I have not been impressed with Skippers decision making thus far.

Wife just asked why the Texas QB appears to be wearing a bra under his jersey.

I remember last year President had as many interceptions as completions pretty far into a game and I thought why is this guy playing. Skipper has 2 interceptions and 3 completions. Getting close!

Reactions: TUGrad06
Watch ESPN is becoming as bad as CBS Sports!!!!!

The stream isn't working on my laptop or Apple TV, only my phone.

I know the athletic dept. is hard up for money but at some point we need to stop taking these sacrificial lamb games just for the sake of a $1M payout.
Yep it's a mixed bag. One thing I've noticed is in years when we play a big Power 5 game or two early and get blown out the casual fan blows us off for the rest of the season..especially years we play OU early. At least Arky game is later in the season

Yep it's a mixed bag. One thing I've noticed is in years when we play a big Power 5 game or two early and get blown out the casual fan blows us off for the rest of the season..especially years we play OU early. At least Arky game is later in the season

Agreed.
Total interest and attendance killer.

Well after the 2nd drive with some nice play calling we’ve gone conservative and scared.

Too bad. I may just turn on a tv show and call it a night. I don’t have time these days to spend it watching TU play like crap

Another question from the wife with respect to Todd Orlando, who was standing in a crouching position on the sidelines. “It looks like he’s taking a crap,” noting the pained expression on his face.

Yeah. Great. 3rd and 14 and we hit the checkdown guy for 2. Have we completed a pass more than 5 yards down the field?

We are hanging in there. Kuddos for that. But...

Argh. Words with Friends on why the Texas game is on. I advised it is the Tulsa game, he said it looks more like the Texas game to him. Hate everyone. Football stupid.

Awful passing...goodness gracious. I'm guessing Skipper is our best QB...if we had someone better, he would be playing.

Akayleb Evans is a very nice DB, he stayed right on top of the Texas WR and really should've been offensive PI.

Reactions: quincy101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT