ADVERTISEMENT

Texas game thread

Skipper is going to be a good QB with more experience. He is way more athletic than many realize and once he gets the flow of the game, he can be dangerous. I'm still a fan of his.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
WTH. why do you call a timeout with the clock already stopped? Bad clock management Monty

WTH. why do you call a timeout with the clock already stopped? Bad clock management Monty

They changed the rule this year. After injury to a defensive player clock restarts on ref whistle

Proud of this comeback and that we avoided a shut out but what a shame - we should have WON- ugly play by both teams and our TULSA coach is by far better than this - missed a massive opportunity to get TULSA some attention - can’t afford missed opportunities - start strong and finish strong - no excuses!

Well crap.

I'm not sure what to think. I'm afraid neither team is very good. But at least Texas is the one wasting a stupid amount of talent. Probably

Reactions: HuffyCane
After all the missteps in the 1st half and frustrating moments, I’m proud of the moxy and not quitting. It would’ve been easy to quit after all that went wrong.

Arkansas St will give us a better indicator of the season, but I think we might just go bowling. And who knows, with the rest of the west, if we can manage to upset Houston, we could win our division.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I don't see texas winning 6 games this year...

Finally, maybe TU has realized they can play with some of the "big" boys.

This is a game that TU should have won!

Some of you are funny.
Your QB played his ass off. More than that Montgomery is a great coach.

Knew it would be close if Tulsa ran the ball.
Truth is you were outgained by 150 yards and allowed 200 yards rushing.
Your playcalling and your QB's development kept you in the game.

You do need to invest more money so Montgomery doesn't walk away after he wins 9 games again this year.

Ok, since there was some fight there in the 2nd half, I'll give Monty the year to see if he can get us to a bowl.

We are busy melting with how poorly we came out to start the game. Seemed unprepared and we clearly have a kicking problem.

Everything aside the refs kept you in the game.
Tulsa did make the plays but some of the penalties called were horrible and the holds from your OLine were not called.
More proof that Texas needs to leave the Big XII.
I guess Tulsa can have their place or Houston.

Defense has nothing to be ashamed of. Luke and our offense improved before our eyes and may start clicking. First half was awful. I still don't understand the kicking game. There are definitely positives to take away. Our weakness right now is WR IMO.

Tulsa did make the plays but some of the penalties called were horrible and the holds from your OLine were not called.
Or your players just couldn't dominate the smallest school in all of division 1 football, even though Texas is spoon fed resources to make them a championship contender.

The Sun Belt would give Texas the best chance of winning a conference championship!

Some of you are funny.
Your QB played his ass off. More than that Montgomery is a great coach.

Knew it would be close if Tulsa ran the ball.
Truth is you were outgained by 150 yards and allowed 200 yards rushing.
Your playcalling and your QB's development kept you in the game.

You do need to invest more money so Montgomery doesn't walk away after he wins 9 games again this year.

You guys barely beat a primate copulating with a football... enjoy the 5-7 season.

Missed a couple holds on your boys as well...

Don’t be mad. We played like crap for 30 minutes and still made it a game.

May be a long season for both teams.

Reactions: Bill Lowery

Texas won’t leave the big 12 beacause they would have to give up the Longhorn network... no school made more money with less effort than Texas.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Texas won’t leave the big 12 beacause they would have to give up the Longhorn network... no school made more money with less effort than Texas.

Not all the way true.
Rumors are that ESPN/UT and the ACC can work something out.
The other 3 conferences it won't happen
The Big XII will ceased to exist in the next 4 years.
I say that as a former fan of the conference.

We just watched a very young offense grow up a lot. We saw what they can do when in sync. Our QB is a sophomore, our bowling ball with knifes is a sophomore and a top player. Our receivers have to work on those scramble plays, lots of standing around when skipper was looking for an outlet. Skipper has to hit the open man and the receivers have to make the catch when it hits their hands.

Our defense proved it is capable. If our tackling improves it could become a big bonus and despite being put in some tough positions has done well. Their ability to get off the field on third downs will be a big deal.

The missed field goals were killer but we had other positives on special teams. No doubt the kickers should make those but let me put some of you out there at the 5 and see if you can throw the ball through the goal posts with 80,000 in the stands watching.

Can we also all remember that these are kids? Ones who probably care more about every play than we ever will understand.

Coaches are fair game though. They get paid big bucks. If we build off this in the Arkansas St game though not sure we have a lot to complain about with them either.

Tulsa let one get away, hopefully they take that to heart and become rutheless.

Hurricane are 1-1 need to get back to those winning ways.

Not all the way true.
Rumors are that ESPN/UT and the ACC can work something out.
The other 3 conferences it won't happen
The Big XII will ceased to exist in the next 4 years.
I say that as a former fan of the conference.

I doubt that. Texas' doesn't like to share and has a big ego.

Oklahoma might leave, with TCU to the SEC or Kansas to the Big 1G but Texas won't. Maybe that forces Texas to go some where, but I doubt it. Texas will choose a couple teams to back fill. Drop the conference to 8 games and act like an independent, keep the LHN, combined with a conference media deal that highly favors them over the other teams.

Texas always wants to take its ball home and not play unless it's sure it can win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT