ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Jones is the Grand Wizard of TU hatred

Re: Pat Jones told Doug Meacham to NOT take the TU job

Meacham declined to interview which means Pat Jones has officially meddled in our coaching search.
TU should ban there coaches from going on Sports Animal and make 1430 the exclusive sports radio station for TU. No reason to keep feeding Jones and the rest of the hacks over there.

Originally posted by TU_Landman:
Meacham declined to interview which means Pat Jones has officially meddled in our coaching search.
TU should ban there coaches from going on Sports Animal and make 1430 the exclusive sports radio station for TU. No reason to keep feeding Jones and the rest of the hacks over there.
I heard this as well. To all those saying "just ignore Pat JOnes" ... well that lil turd just prevented us from hiring a potentially good coach. Jones is not ignoring TU. He is purposely trying to harm TU. Keep on ignoring him if you want. But he should be shut down. The TU administration should formally contact the Sports Animal and shut that lil piece of dog chit down.

AND ... Jones also said that Matt Wells should not come to TU. Jones said at best it would be a lateral move. I don't know if Jones spoke with Wells like Jones spoke with Meacham. But if given the opportunity, Jones would try and talk Well out of coming here. We need to stop this lil troll. He is actively trying to hurt the program in retaliation for TU firing his buddies BB, Denver Johnson and Brent Guy. He cares for more about his buddies than our program. Now he is using his bully pulpit to try and harm the program. I sincerely hope that TU take action for this.

Sounds like the same kind of crap people were spewing before Kragthorpe took the job. It worked out pretty good for him.

What makes anyone think PJ is the only one in the media that badmouths TU in public OR private? From what I see there are a number in the local media just like him. Channel 2, 23, 6 and several at the TW - you fill in the blank.

IMO

So much for Meacham. Tulsa world reported he turned down interview.

If Meachem is dumb enough to take advice from Pat Jones, I wouldn't want him as TU's coach anyway.

Meachem was not my choice, so I'm not bothered with his decision.

Originally posted by Tulsafanzz:
If Meachem is dumb enough to take advice from Pat Jones, I wouldn't want him as TU's coach anyway.

Meachem was not my choice, so I'm not bothered with his decision.
Meacham may or may not have been a good coach for TU. But that is not the point. The point is Pat Jones is actively trying to hurt the University of Tulsa's football program. He is mad because TU fired his friends. Pat Jones was barely a .500 college head coach and a piece of chit. Nevertheless he does have some influence in this part of the country regarding college football. He is doing his best to harm TU football and the administration should take action.

Doubt Jones was even 1/5 of Meacham's assessment of TU. Magine salary, boss, & real or imagined forsight of future job offers, played a much bigger role in him pulling out. Not gonna give Jones any more credit for bad ju ju than he deserves. He was a :crap:ty coach, he's a :crap:ty media personality. and a :crap:ty adviser. If Meacham based his view of TU solely on Jones' opinion, then we don't need or want him. Like I already said, I doubt he did.

TW report on Meacham stated that others who have indicated interest are Lashlee and Wells. I thread it to be sure that it wasn't TU was interested in them but that Kelly indeed said these two have shown interest in the job according to her source. Wells is a HR hire IMO IF TU can land him.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

there have been a lot of coaches; in football, basketball, and other sports that did well at Tulsa and then moved on to bigger programs.

They have left us with a great legacy. Tubby, John Cooper, Kragthore, Grahm, Self, ...

Maybe Meach has been told another job is coming open at a school which he has very close ties.

I tend to believe what Chris said about Patterson stepping in with Meacham. Patterson is a well known a$$hole and runs a very tight ship. If he thought the rumors were hurting his shot at an NC then he would shut it down.

I was listening to the TCU game broadcast today, and they said that he didn't interview this week because he had to prepare for the ISU game. It was very important that they were prepared and played well.

Maybe he will be available next week.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
Maybe Meach has been told another job is coming open at a school which he has very close ties.
The upset win today should keep T-Boone off of Gundy's back for another year, so I don't see an opening for Meachem. Also, I doubt TCU will make the final 4 now with THE OSU winning 59-0 tonight. What a difference a couple games make.

BTW, I'm not saying Ohio St. deserves the top 4 spot, but I really think their name & tradition will carry them over TCU & Baylor. I really wish it were OU & Texas instead of TCU & Baylor. Then, we'd be getting an 8 team playoff real soon !

Off topic but TCU and Baylor will get screwed because they are TCU and Baylor.

Originally posted by jerandlaur:
Off topic but TCU and Baylor will get screwed because they are TCU and Baylor.
That is correct IF the committee does as expected and rewards the Rich Big 10, selling out the 100 or so deserving players at TCU. This playoff system wasn't devised to actually get the 4 best teams in, just keep the playing field lopsided.

IMO

Jerandlaur said it perfect...

The "Elite Club" in college football is very real...

Over the past 50 years, the national champions come from the same handful of schools.

I'll be surprised if TCU or Baylor make it...

Alabama
Oregon (The Elite club would prefer USC)
Florida State
Ohio State

The committee likes the names!

I was wrong to say that Pat Jones sucks donkey ballz.

I meant to say Pat Jones sucks GIANT donkey ballz.

Pat Jones' sour grapes with TU may have something to do with the fact that he lost more games to the Hurricane than any other Aggies/Cowboys head coach. TU has defeated OSU nine times, and Jones is responsible for three of those.

(I think I'm right about this even though I only researched the Modern Era of TU football, "Modern Era" being defined as the time since I began following the Hurricane in 1962.)

2-3 record at TU as well for pat.

Originally posted by barrister1602:

Simple mistake barrister1602, everyone gets one Mulligan
glasses.r191677.gif

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
So how did you know law poke?

The Pat Jones - Doug Meacham connection continues. Today (12/8) at 11:15 a.m. Jones announced he was going to Little Brock tonight for the Frank Boyles Award Ceremony. He was going to be with "his boy" Meacham when he hopefully wins the Award for best coordinator. I'm telling you, Jones is what kept Meacham from even interviewing at TU. Jones is an evil lil bastard.

john cooper leaves tulsa for Arizona st

would pat jones have taken the head job at TU if he would have been offered?

I tend to agree with you barrister. However, anyone that would listen to Jones about a potential job is not someone that I want as our head coach!

Originally posted by TulsaAM:

Simple mistake barrister1602, everyone gets one Mulligan
glasses.r191677.gif

6496a5a3324506a050b41d2bb1aeee0c.jpg
[/URL]

I heard last night that lil rat bastard Pat Jones is trying to push Houston Nutt to the TU Administration. Jones doesn't care if Nutt does a good job or not. He just wants his buddy Nutt to get an easy paycheck for a few years so he can then retire.

Pat Jones can push whoever he wants. Lots of people pushed others for the basketball gig (believe Jerkens kept pushing Bob Hoffman) and Gragg went out and hired Haith.

My guess is Gragg has his 3 or 4 finalists with a front runner and Nutt's name is on the 2nd page with the "OTHERS" that expressed interest. It's like the AP Top 25 poll and the others receiving votes...no one really cares.

I heard last night that lil rat bastard Pat Jones is trying to push Houston Nutt to the TU Administration. Jones doesn't care if Nutt does a good job or not. He just wants his buddy Nutt to get an easy paycheck for a few years so he can then retire.
That sounds like an exaggeration. I would be suprised if Pat has any relationship with anyone at TU, other than former football coaches. Has Dr. Gragg even done the Tulsa Sports Animal radio show? I know he has a weekly spot on 1430 during the season with Plank.

Pat is an even bigger blowhard in his retirement. I believe he knows the Nutt brothers from his time growing up in Little Rock.

TX

Originally posted by texcane1982:

That sounds like an exaggeration. I would be suprised if Pat has any relationship with anyone at TU, other than former football coaches. Has Dr. Gragg even done the Tulsa Sports Animal radio show? I know he has a weekly spot on 1430 during the season with Plank.

Pat is an even bigger blowhard in his retirement. I believe he knows the Nutt brothers from his time growing up in Little Rock.
No idea if it is true. It is just what I heard from someone fairly well-connected. But ... it was after a few drinks so who knows.

That's it! I'm boycotting Golden Flake Potato Chips.

Originally posted by Church 732:
Me too!!!1 Sucks tho, I really like 'em.

Originally posted by texcane1982:

I believe he knows the Nutt brothers ...
That means Pat Jones is an avid Nutt hugger. He is probably a Nutt licker too. Bet he licks both of them.

Originally posted by cmullinsTU:

Originally posted by Church 732:
Me too!!!1 Sucks tho, I really like 'em.
I think Jones also does ads for the Oklahoma Men's Clinic in exchange for his penile implant. They had to special order one small enough for him. Nevertheless, we should also boycott OK Men's Clinic. But the only one on this board who currently goes there is LEC so won't be a big hit to them.

This post was edited on 12/9 12:46 PM by barrister1602

Nevertheless, we should also boycott OK Men's Clinic. But the only one on this board who currently goes there is LEC so won't be a big hit to them.

This post was edited on 12/9 12:46 PM by barrister1602
Please don't!!!1 I like their products so much I bought the company.

Do you charge by the amount of material used or is it a per visit deal?

These are for things that also hug Nutts, right?

Generally we go by material used, which is why Pat gets his for free. I learned that before I sold my last company, Dildonex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT