ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Jones is the Grand Wizard of TU hatred

barrister1602

I.T.S. Head Coach
Jan 24, 2007
Yesterday (12/3/2014) I was listening online to WWLS Sports Animal in OKC. This is the sister station to 97.1 here in Tulsa. Anyway, Pat Jones comes on with the host Bob Barry Jr. Around 10:30 a.m. BBJ asks JOnes about the TU opening. Jones claims that Meacham called him about the job to get his opinion. Pat Jones said he told Meacham that TU was not a very good job and to not take it.

This post was edited on 12/10 1:13 PM by barrister1602

Re: Pat Jones told Doug Meacham to NOT take the TU job

Hopefully he won't decide to take that advice from a guy that has a .500 record in his entire head coaching career. Take advice from winning coaches instead.

We need to flood his show with Big Al today and confront this piece of chit.

The TU administration needs to take action on this issue...

I'm still in shock he said that.

I know he's not a TU supporter AT ALL, but this is ridiculous.

OK Pat 1.2 million plus is not a good job. How many jobs in America pay that much. In the last 10 years 2 head coaches from TU make or made multi millions. Two OCs now head coaches making multi millions. Several assistant coaches from TU now head coaches or coordinator's at other D1 schools. Ok Pat I will not tune you in any longer you don't have a good show and will tell so to anyone and everyone.

Originally posted by hotterthanyourhusbandTU:
The TU administration needs to take action on this issue...

I'm still in shock he said that.

I know he's not a TU supporter AT ALL, but this is ridiculous.
Jones absolutely said it. Yesterday (12/3/14) on WWLS (OKC) right around 10:30 a.m. It was during BBJ's interview of Jones when the TU opening came up. We really need to call the Tulsa Station KQAL which 97.1 FM and let Jones what an idiot he is. He has been stating for 3 days now what a bad job TU is.

Chadwick is on the Animal right now and absolutely ripping this opinion and he is FIRED UP! He hasn't specifically named Pat Jones or Al Jerk but he is going after them and just said Jones is "losing his everlasting mind".

Chadwick just basically said Kansas is the job where coaching careers go to die.

Him and Big Al alike have been bashing Tulsa everyday this week. I thougjy at one time they were good reporters. Austin Chadwick is getting pissed at them though and is standing up for the program.....AUSTIN CHADWICK FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Wow. Austin is on fire! Loving this!!

We need to flood the show with calls! He should be off this show for this!

Why do Big Al and Pat seem so angry at TU latelly! Everything they say is negative!

Originally posted by rabidhurricanefan:

Why do Big Al and Pat seem so angry at TU latelly! Everything they say is negative!
Specifically they are BB supporters but don't necessarily care about TU. They have let their personal feelings about a coach get in the way of being objective at looking at what was wrong. Its easy to blame academic standards, and this and that, but in the end you're hired to win games given whatever variables you have to contend with. Hoover's article (and I respect Hoover's writing and opinions, not that I agree with all of them) really skewed perception about the academic policies at TU and made it sound as though what TU does is unique and more difficult than EVERY other FBS private, elite institution. Academic policies at TU have not changed that drastically and all of a sudden dumped on BB. He simply was not been able to land the big recruit capable of making an impact and changing outcomes of games, plain and simple.

Tulsa was the most successful football program during its stay in the CUSA.

What is Pat Jones talking about, facts be damned.

Time will only tell in the new AAC.

Didn't we beat Notre Dame , UCF (twice) a few years ago? Hello.

GO TU!!!

If you cant win at TU how did we go to so many bowl games before this last two years? How did we win and host the CUSA championship game? How did we go up to Norte Dame and win? He makes it sound like we havent won in years!

If you cant win at TU how did we go to so many bowl games before this last two years? How did we win and host the CUSA championship game? How did we go up to Norte Dame and win? He makes it sound like we havent won in years!
I'm guessing so take it for what it is worth. Jones and other OSU homers have for years hoped Tulsa would drop football.

It's not going to happen, joining the AAC is moving us closer and closer to where Tulsa can be competitive with anyone in basketball and continuing our drive to emulate TCU in football.

At least that is the way I would see it if I were the AD.

GO TU!!!!

That was Chadwick's argument, plus the 2008 where TU went to Arkansas and put up 600 yds on a Hog defense leading the SEC. Outside of the 1st 7 minutes of that game we dominated. TU was ranked #19 and about to blow up the BCS rankings.

Pretty sure the fact that some of the best up and coming coaches in the country are trying to get an interview means there's something to like about this job. Big Al has never been worth a crap, but as someone else said Pat Jones must be losing his mind.

Big Al didnt used to be this negative. Im glad we have Austin Chadwick on there! Somone needs to stck up for TU. I think we may get mote repesct from the natitonal media somtimes than we do local and state media.

Pat Jones is a little whinny biotch!!! Would love to debate that effin troll live.

PAT JONES .... YOU SUCK DONKEY BALLZ!!!!

Call in today! I wont be able to call in today. But will anyone be callijng in? Ill tune in to hear it!

Did Pat say why he didn't think it was a "good" job? I can almost guarantee you that Pat is basing his opinion from conversations he's had with members of the TU coaching staff. He's very close to Denver Johnson.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:

Did Pat say why he didn't think it was a "good" job? I can almost guarantee you that Pat is basing his opinion from conversations he's had with members of the TU coaching staff. He's very close to Denver Johnson.
How would a conversation with a coach that is being canned have credibility?

GO TU!!!

I'm not in a position to address the creditability of Denver's opinions but you can bet him and Pat have talked about the program constantly since Denver came to TU and not just in the last few days.

Every fan base in the state has issues with Pat Jones. He has no filter and doesn't sugar coat his opinions for anyone. His infamous line about OSU back in the day was that they couldn't score 21 on Keifer. Just Pat being Pat. Take him with a grain of salt.

I'm sure Meacham is very happy that Pat aired a presumably confidential discussion on local radio. Classy.

Honestly, I don't know why any of us give a rip. It had a small audience and is a bad product. There are better things to do during the day, like work.

Although, it could also be looked at this way:

If I'm an up and comer looking for a place to start and Pat says "This place is great! I'd take the job myself!", I'm staying the hell away from that place.

Pat's one of those people that I'm kinda okay if he hates us. I really wouldnt want someone saying "Really, Tulsa? That team that Pat Jones loves?"

It would be like Nickelback saying "Hey, we found this new band. They're really good. You all should check them out."

Ok the nickelback reference made me laugh.

But I agree with gold. One thing to have that opinion and conversation, whole different thing to air it. Klassy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There is no evidence whatsoever that I've heard that Pat Jones has talked to the staff at TU concerning whether its a good job or not. Unless someone has that evidence, I think its just appropriate for us to ignore that. I certainly have heard a number of times when Jones has belittled and attempted to discredit the TU program on the radio. That leads me to believe that he's no friend of TU, the city its in or has any respect for them.

Could someone please give more specifics on what Austin said? I hope he ripped them a new one. Bunch of disloyal bozo's.

IMO

Rabid,

Jones and Denver Johnson have known each other for 20 years. He coached under Jones at OSU for four years. They are close. Jones has mentioned Denver on numerous occasions since Denver came to TU. To think they don't talk shop is naïve. I have no idea what Denver's opinions are of TU but Jones' knowledge and opinion of the current situation at TU would have been influenced by Denver and possibly BB....accurate of not.

Rabid,

Jones and Denver Johnson have known each other for 20 years. He coached under Jones at OSU for four years. They are close. Jones has mentioned Denver on numerous occasions since Denver came to TU. To think they don't talk shop is naïve. I have no idea what Denver's opinions are of TU but Jones' knowledge and opinion of the current situation at TU would have been influenced by Denver and possibly BB....accurate of not.
But . . . that is still a stretch imo - to make the leap that Denver would confide to Pat Jones that TU is a bad job. I can't see Denver saying that. But that is still conjecture on my part. Once again, that is conjecture by me - rabidTU.

I don't think it's likely that Denver Johnson, someone who loves TU, would tell him this is a bad job. Perhaps complaints about things going on internally lead Jones to come to the conclusion that he thinks it's a bad job, but I doubt Johnson said that. Doesn't really matter though. Jones is the one who comes out looking like a jerk in this.

This post was edited on 12/4 1:07 PM by URedskin54

George Brett and Pat, on the other hand, are not close.

Big Al is pushing Houston Nutt as the next Tulsa coach on the radio, thinks he will put butts in the stadium. Big Al is an idiot, said the search committee has no idea what they are doing. I want to punch Pat in the mouth, what a punk.

What would Pat Jones say about the OSU job when he got canned. You cant win there you'll never beat OU. Who friggin cares Pat Jones is/was a hanger on to Jimmy Johnson's entourage. Never anything more.

Go TU!!!!!!!

hotterthanyourhusbandTU posted on 12/4/2014...

Brett Guy and Pat are very very close.

I totally forgot about Brett. Pat obviously has several close contacts to the TU staff. Realize the those coaches may have been just venting about some of the same restrictions we've heard mentioned as far as credits and transfers and Pat ran with it. Losing brings with it frustration. It's not a given that any of our coaches were intentionally "dissing" TU.

I wish somehow someway there was audio that could be shared of the Chadwick rant. Sux I had to miss it.

I am gradually realizing that almost the entire media in this town have no idea what they are doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT