ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

We don't just move the ball well against the Tulane's of the world . Ask OU how bad that offense is. Oklahoma State would have got shut down by Ohio State as well, heck look what they did to OU! BTW, what was Oklahoma State doing that weekend? Oh ya, getting beat by Central Michigan who TU clobbered effortlessly.
You know against OU we had a QB with 4 Broken ribs who could hardly throw......again one game from two years ago has no bearing on this game, if you are going to look at that, look at the last time you came to Stillwater, you guys were talking the same smack then

You know against OU we had a QB with 4 Broken ribs who could hardly throw......again one game from two years ago has no bearing on this game, if you are going to look at that, look at the last time you came to Stillwater, you guys were talking the same smack then

They still kicked the crap out of you ( like they do almost every year) what I'm getting at the OU game is the style of offense. Our offense will be no worse then it was that day. 2011 was almost 7 years ago, whole new set of coaches, players, CONFERENCES

I was not comparing us to Ohio State I was pointing out that your "great "OL only played against one good DL was stuffed. You can run (and pass) all you want against the SMU's and Tulane's of the world, but that no way means you will do that against OSU, especially with an inexperienced QB

Our QB play led us to disaster before first half and we never recovered. Up to that point they were more than holding their own. That OL pushed everyone else on the schedule around for a ton of points including our common opponent last season.

As the argument goes it's a new game every week and a new team takes the field every season. That's exactly what we'll see in a few weeks, so all of the comparisons to last year and such are moot points. Both teams have talent, both have weaknesses, and both have unknowns. We can always harken back to TJ Rubley's first start as freshman QB if we want to play the comparison game. (I'm hoping for this result and most OSU fans will remember that one)

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
This we know from past experience that if our QB is having a great game then we can expect an aggie defensive layer to take him out with a cheap shot. Then when the cheap shot player goes to the side line look for his defensive coach to give him a high 5. We saw that when it happened to Kinne.

This we know from past experience that if our QB is having a great game then we can expect an aggie defensive layer to take him out with a cheap shot. Then when the cheap shot player goes to the side line look for his defensive coach to give him a high 5. We saw that when it happened to Kinne.

I seem to remember the same thing happening to DeDe Westbrook last season...Classy bunch!

If they do that, wouldn't surprise me if Brubaker does the same thing to their qb

I seem to remember the same thing happening to DeDe Westbrook last season...Classy bunch!

A hard clean shot by our safety....the woman beater couldn't take it (karma is a bitch). Yeah, Westbrook and Mixon.....the definition of class.

We are gonna need to be lights out to be in this game in the 4th. QB is the single most important position on the field and whoever we roll out their will be taking their first meaningful college snaps on that day. Yes I believe we will run the ball, but we will need to grow up fast or play well beyond our years at QB to have a realistic shot in this game IMO.

We are gonna need to be lights out to be in this game in the 4th. QB is the single most important position on the field and whoever we roll out their will be taking their first meaningful college snaps on that day. Yes I believe we will run the ball, but we will need to grow up fast or play well beyond our years at QB to have a realistic shot in this game IMO.

Spot on. Fans will be fans but I'm surprised by the number of posters who expect the offense which takes the field in Stillwater in three weeks to resemble the one Dane directed last year. I think we will get there but this season will be a work in progress as our QBs mature and get comfortable.

Defense will need to play better then they ever have before to give our QB a chance

You couldn't even beat Kansas that bad, lol matter of fact, did you beat anybody that bad besides an FCS last year?

Since you're so into comparisons of OSU/Central Michigan and ou/Houston,
let's examine the Great Dane / Coach Montgomery era:

2014 Record 2-10 End of Blankenship experiment

2015 Record 6-7......barely beat a bad SMU team. Home attendance average less than 17K per game.

2016 Record 10-3......Beat a 1-11 Fresno State team in double-overtime, went to over-time at home to beat a 4-8 Cincinnati, and a 5-7 SMU. An of course the change in weather was the primary factor in losing 48-3 at Ohio State. With a better product and a classy coach, home attendance dropped again.

I get the dislike for OSU...."the nerve of those Aggies thinking they might have a decent team this year". But giving us crap about being ou's lap dog (OSU has the 2nd best record in the Big 12 during the past decade so I guess the other eight schools should apply for AAC membership, too when our conference implodes), about comparative scores, our stadium atmosphere, the IQ of our players, blah, blah, blah.....

I acknowledge while free, this is your message board and the Cane Koolaid will always be flowing. OSU fans respect TU and Coach Montgomery, but reading this board.....I wonder whether TU should be ranked #11 AP and #4 SI, and a 17 point favorite over the Cowboys.

2015 Record 6-7......barely beat a bad SMU team. Home attendance average less than 17K per game.

2016 Record 10-3......Beat a 1-11 Fresno State team in double-overtime, went to over-time at home to beat a 4-8 Cincinnati, and a 5-7 SMU. An of course the change in weather was the primary factor in losing 48-3 at Ohio State. With a better product and a classy coach, home attendance dropped again.

I get the dislike for OSU...."the nerve of those Aggies thinking they might have a decent team this year". But giving us crap about being ou's lap dog (OSU has the 2nd best record in the Big 12 during the past decade so I guess the other eight schools should apply for AAC membership, too when our conference implodes), about comparative scores, our stadium atmosphere, the IQ of our players, blah, blah, blah.....

I acknowledge while free, this is your message board and the Cane Koolaid will always be flowing. OSU fans respect TU and Coach Montgomery, but reading this board.....I wonder whether TU should be ranked #11 AP and #4 SI, and a 17 point favorite over the Cowboys.

Whatever man. Thanks for putting us in our place!

Nobody here thinks OSU is bad, we all know they are very good. If you didn't want to hear TU people talking about how they could beat OSU, you shouldn't have came here in the 1st place. BTW , SMU and Cinnci were not bad teams, Cinn lost a lot of close games in this conference, but if you just look at them, they are a very capable team of beating everybody. Am I saying Tulsa is going to.win? Not definitely, but there is a possibility. That's what everyone here is saying, but you cowboy fans came over and started popping off that it would.be over by halftime, if course that's going to piss people off, just my opinion

Reactions: Henry Kendall
They're more accurate with their swimsuit issue.
Lol, that's pretty good man! I still don't get this OSU top 10 hype. Honestly, what did they do to deserve that preseason ranking last year? Most impressive win? Texas? West Virginia? Sorry but that doesn't impress me. TU needs to be ready because they have a serious shot at this game if our QB is ready. I also expect to see a stunning performance with our defense. Listening all summer of how OSU is going to score at will on you , defense will be ready to go imo

Lol, that's pretty good man! I still don't get this OSU top 10 hype. Honestly, what did they do to deserve that preseason ranking last year? Most impressive win? Texas? West Virginia? Sorry but that doesn't impress me. TU needs to be ready because they have a serious shot at this game if our QB is ready. I also expect to see a stunning performance with our defense. Listening all summer of how OSU is going to score at will on you , defense will be ready to go imo
So, if we didn't do anything, what did you guys do?

So, if we didn't do anything, what did you guys do?
I didn't say you didn't do anything, I said I don't understand the ranking you guys got with what you did last year. You guys had a good year last year, but I see you being more along the lines of #25- #35, but certainly not #11, but you can't go by preseason rankings. I mean crap, I seen a poll that had Texas @ #24! They had a losing record!

Lawpoke or UK, whichever one answers first, where is some decent parking? And what time would I need to get there? Thanks
The best thing to do is go to Main Street, if you are on Hwy 51 turn south on main and park around 7rh and main, there are some car parks on East of main st. Park and you will see people waiting for busses. They are free and drop off on the north side of the stadium, and run back during and after the game, they are very convenient, and run every 10 minutes or so

The best thing to do is go to Main Street, if you are on Hwy 51 turn south on main and park around 7rh and main, there are some car parks on Easy of main st. Park and you will see people waiting for busses. They are free and drop off on the north side of the stadium, and run back during and after the game
Ok cool thanks

I didn't say you didn't do anything, I said I don't understand the ranking you guys got with what you did last year. You guys had a good year last year, but I see you being more along the lines of #25- #35, but certainly not #11, but you can't go by preseason rankings. I mean crap, I seen a poll that had Texas @ #24! They had a losing record!
Maybe it's because we won 10 games in a P-5 conference including a blow out or top 10 CU in our bowl game and return 9 starters from one of the top offenses in the country , and were very young overall

Lawpoke or UK, whichever one answers first, where is some decent parking? And what time would I need to get there? Thanks

I usually park at the grade school 5 or 6 blocks due north of the stadium. Benefits the PTA.

Hate this game is on a week night. OSU has become one of the better tailgating scenes around.

Whatever man. Thanks for putting us in our place!

These whole few threads are ridiculous. I've been to several TU games, even wearing blue to support the home team. Not one reasonable fan from either university doesn't believe TU has a fighting chance to pull an upset. We'll soon find out. This is a free board.....you're more than welcome to insult our fans, our stadium, our public university academics, our historical record against ou, blah, blah.....on your premium board. No one is putting anybody in "their place"........but expect some blow back on a public board.

Maybe it's because we won 10 games in a P-5 conference including a blow out or top 10 CU in our bowl game and return 9 starters from one of the top offenses in the country , and were very young overall
CU was wildly overrated and got blown out by Washington, a legit Top 10 team. You gave up 30 points or more to the every team in the bottom half of your conference except last place Kansas and got beat by Baylor who finished conference play with a 3-6 record. You outlasted Texas Tech by a point. OU embarrassed you considering the expectations in the game. You needed luck and the homefield to beat Iowa State and Pitt. Oklahoma State was far from a Top 10 team this year or last. OSU finishes in the bottom half of most other P5 conferences. It's living proof of why polling is bogus.

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
I usually park at the grade school 5 or 6 blocks due north of the stadium. Benefits the PTA.

Hate this game is on a week night. OSU has become one of the better tailgating scenes around.
Unless something has drastically changed in five years, you are dreaming. I've tailgated every team in the SEC except one and every ACC club. It might be pretty cool for the Big 12, I dunno, if that is your definition of "around". I've only done there, OU , KU and UT. It's probably better than all of those. Frankly Norman is a joke on game day. Still, OSU is in the bottom third of SEC schools, if not last, including Vandy. When I think of one of the better tailgating scenes around, I think of Georgia, the Grove in Ole Miss, the food at LSU or popping champagne and sipping local wine on the yacht we rode into the marina steps from Washington's Husky stadium. It's 25,000 of the most beautiful women you've ever seen in Tallahassee falling out of their shirts drunk after 7 hours of food and booze. I've been on OSU's campus dozens of times. The prettiest girl I've ever seen there is a 7 in Tally and needs her sisters to get her a date. Those are facts. OSU is definitely in the Top 20 in football. It's nowhere close to Top 20 on game day experience and atmosphere. It's better now than the 80's though.

Last edited:
Unless something has drastically changed in five years, you are dreaming. I've tailgated every team in the SEC except one and every ACC club. It might be pretty cool for the Big 12, I dunno, if that is your definition of "around". I've only done there, OU , KU and UT. It's probably better than all of those. Frankly Norman is a joke on game day. Still, OSU is in the bottom third of SEC schools, if not last, including Vandy.

Haven't been to any SEC school except for Arky. I've been to most Big12 schools and the local AAC schools. Suppose I should have said "around this area". I will say the tailgating scene has grown tremendously over the past 5 years in Stillwater. I do assume many of those SEC schools are larger though. Have no idea about the Big10 schools but I assume they are pretty legit as well (would love to go to a few). Still....if your in even the bottom third of the SEC in tailgating you're likely still fairly high compared to the 120 or so D1 scenes.

Notre Dame was great. Michigan was pretty but the people were snotty. It's the only place I've been in visitor colors and not been offered food or beer from home fans. Army was a nightmare. The campus was goth and the leaves were amazing, but the people were really crappy. I liked Navy. Several people at Marshall offered free chili dogs and moonshine. Those guys start at 8am and most of the city is out on the lawns getting silly by noon. Tennessee was dangerous. But not as dangerous as the Orange Bowl at night. Duke and UNC were yawn. NC State people were cool. I wouldn't pee on an ECU tailgate if Abe Lincoln cried Fire!

Ohio State was so-so. A lot of people drunk without tickets and a lot of walking from what little I saw. I only walked around about 20 mins and went back to the TU reception which was fantastic. Ohio State was definitely classy to their visitors. Drinking in public is more accepted in the South and Midwest compared to OK, TX, KS, so that has a little to do with it.

Auburn has a land run type opening of sorts to grassy areas and certain parking spots starting at 3pm on Thursday afternoon. Most are taken quickly and people party for three straight days. Which is crazy when TU's tailgate struggles to last three straight songs from a school purchase cover band even with free beer for the alumni.

My personal Top 10 of places I've been on gameday:

1. Georgia
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. FSU
5. Auburn
6. Washington
7. Clemson
8. Wisconsin
9. UCF
10. Texas

Honorable Mention: West Virginia. They take couch burning to an art form. All those mining engineering majors really know how to mix up accelerators and make flame retardant materials turn into tinder. Loose women or plentiful even for old guys. They think they know how to drink, but they aren't even close to the average LSU or Wisconsin fan.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Notre Dame was great. Michigan was pretty but the people were snotty. It's the only place I've been in visitor colors and not been offered food or beer from home fans. Army was a nightmare. The campus was goth and the leaves were amazing, but the people were really crappy. I liked Navy. Several people at Marshall offered free chili dogs and moonshine. Those guys start at 8am and most of the city is out on the lawns getting silly by noon. Tennessee was dangerous. But not as dangerous as the Orange Bowl at night. Duke and UNC were yawn. NC State people were cool. I wouldn't pee on an ECU tailgate if Abe Lincoln cried Fire!

Ohio State was so-so. A lot of people drunk without tickets and a lot of walking from what little I saw. I only walked around about 20 mins and went back to the TU reception which was fantastic. Ohio State was definitely classy to their visitors. Drinking in public is more accepted in the South and Midwest compared to OK, TX, KS, so that has a little to do with it.

Auburn has a land run type opening of sorts to grassy areas and certain parking spots starting at 3pm on Thursday afternoon. Most are taken quickly and people party for three straight days. Which is crazy when TU's tailgate struggles to last three straight songs from a school purchase cover band even with free beer for the alumni.

My personal Top 10 of places I've been on gameday:

1. Georgia
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. FSU
5. Auburn
6. Washington
7. Clemson
8. Wisconsin
9. UCF
10. Texas

Honorable Mention: West Virginia. They take couch burning to an art form. All those mining engineering majors really know how to mix up accelerators and make flame retardant materials turn into tinder. Loose women or plentiful even for old guys. They think they know how to drink, but they aren't even close to the average LSU or Wisconsin fan.

Good stuff. Thanks

Is the animated cadaver Boone Pickens still around? What a corrupt bastard.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The best thing to do is go to Main Street, if you are on Hwy 51 turn south on main and park around 7rh and main, there are some car parks on East of main st. Park and you will see people waiting for busses. They are free and drop off on the north side of the stadium, and run back during and after the game
Also, do they run any shuttles over by the south side of town? ( Downtown)
These whole few threads are ridiculous. I've been to several TU games, even wearing blue to support the home team. Not one reasonable fan from either university doesn't believe TU has a fighting chance to pull an upset. We'll soon find out. This is a free board.....you're more than welcome to insult our fans, our stadium, our public university academics, our historical record against ou, blah, blah.....on your premium board. No one is putting anybody in "their place"........but expect some blow back on a public board.
If our QB play sucks, then you are 100 percent correct, TU has no chance . If the QB play is good, they have more then just a fighting chance. That's all it comes down, TU has the athletes everywhere else to pull an upset, if OSU dosnt think that , they may experience Central Michigan all over again, or worse.

Reactions: COWBOYintheUK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT