ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

For some, not everyone , best I can tell the story is true that he does have a hernia, but he has had it since he was a kid and didn't know about it, and the plan is to just play through it
I imagine he will probably have the surgery after season before the draft

For some, not everyone , best I can tell the story is true that he does have a hernia, but he has had it since he was a kid and didn't know about it, and the plan is to just play through it
Wouldn't have minded seeing some sort of football today haha

A few OSU fans are giving us respect, most think the talent gap is too great and a few think they are a playoff team.:p
https://www.orangepower.com/threads/first-game-thoughts.234743/
Some of them seem to realize TU can win, alot of them think it will be over by half. I love it! My prediction... OSU comes out thinking we are Kansas , we come out thinking this is our super bowl , and defense is pissed with all the talk of OSU rolling them this summer, and slows them down. TU 38 the school in Stoolwater 28.

I've noticed the " talent gap at every position" is still a popular argument with the pokes . " TU doesn't match up at ANY position with OSU , only OSU can beat OSU". I feel there are going to be a lot of disappointed OSU on the 31st

I've noticed the " talent gap at every position" is still a popular argument with the pokes . " TU doesn't match up at ANY position with OSU , only OSU can beat OSU". I feel there are going to be a lot of disappointed OSU on the 31st
I do think we have a talent advantage and every position........does that mean you guys can't win the game? No........it means its not likely..........I look over the lineups and I cannot see any area to give Tulsa an advantage, I looked over each position group as a whole and could not find anywhere..........as I said , I cannot find anywhere Tulsa has an advantage, some areas are close, may even verge on a push, but no clear advantage........now, last year , that was a different story, but by the end of this year it may look different as different play makers take over, but right now they are not there

I do think we have a talent advantage and every position........does that mean you guys can't win the game? No........it means its not likely..........I look over the lineups and I cannot see any area to give Tulsa an advantage, I looked over each position group as a whole and could not find anywhere..........as I said , I cannot find anywhere Tulsa has an advantage, some areas are close, may even verge on a push, but no clear advantage........now, last year , that was a different story, but by the end of this year it may look different as different play makers take over, but right now they are not there
We shall see

Offensive line is better (which makes our RB better), and I think our secondary might be better too.
The ignorance on the OSU page is shocking, you can tell which ones have no idea what TU has. They see we lose James Flanders... They don't see we have Brewer, Taylor, and possibly Warren. They even stated we don't have any defensive linemen when we have Brubaker, Smith, and Kolton. Those people are clueless. Then again, the things those people do to reindeer , it doesn't shock me with some of the things they come up with.

Reactions: theSeanDon
Offensive line is better (which makes our RB better), and I think our secondary might be better too.
The strength of our defense is up front, we will start four juniors who have been playing in every game since they were freshmen and were pretty good last year, I still give us a slight advantage........RB is a hard one to pick, Brewer is awesome and Hill shattered all the OSU freshman records and lead the nation last year for freshmen, so I think right now that has to be a push at best

The strength of our defense is up front, we will start four juniors who have been playing in every game since they were freshmen and were pretty good last year, I still give us a slight advantage........RB is a hard one to pick, Brewer is awesome and Hill shattered all the OSU freshman records and lead the nation last year for freshmen, so I think right now that has to be a push at best
It's the same story with our Oline though, and I have not been impressed with OSUs defensive line, where OSU can hurt TU is the wr vs our secondary and with Mason and Hill

It's the same story with our Oline though, and I have not been impressed with OSUs defensive line, where OSU can hurt TU is the wr vs our secondary and with Mason and Hill
They have played well at times, dominated at times, sub par at times, but overall aside form Ohio state last year this will be the best you have seen.......

Houston had one really good player, who OU did not scheme for, other teams did and took care of him, and their DL was average..........one game does not make a trend
One player does not slow OUs offense down, they are just as if not a more talented defense then OSU and we did just fine with them, honestly , besides an overrated Colorado team, who did OSUs defense dominate against last year? Kansas?

One player does not slow OUs offense down, they are just as if not a more talented defense then OSU and we did just fine with them, honestly , besides an overrated Colorado team, who did OSUs defense dominatood draft e against last year? Kansas?
So, how do you think you guys would have done against CU? Just curious because they had a bunch of kids get drafted pretty high............our defense was second in the Big-12 in Points given up per possession, first in turnovers, and first in redzone defense .......playing some pretty good offenses...I am sorry but offenses like TT ....ect are a little better than the SMU's of the world..............

So, how do you think you guys would have done against CU? Just curious because they had a bunch of kids get drafted pretty high............our defense was second in the Big-12 in Points given up per possession, first in turnovers, and first in redzone defense .......playing some pretty good offenses...I am sorry but offenses like TT ....ect are a little better than the SMU's of the world..............
Dude, you had to come from behind to beat Iowa State IN STILLWATER. Some of these teams you bash, such as SMU and Cinnci, you may want to actually watch them play, SMU has Chad Morris as a coach, SMU has the capability to give people fits, heck they killed Houston with it, and the only problem with Cinnci is they couldn't close a tight game, look at their athletes, they are freaks! But once again the " P5 " nonsense has your perspective blinded. BTW, 2nd place defense in the Big 12 is not impressive. Defense sucks in the Big 12. You gave up 200 yards a game rushing and are in 2nd place... Ya that screams greatness

Dude, you had to come from behind to beat Iowa State IN STILLWATER. Some of these teams you bash, such as SMU and Cinnci, you may want to actually watch them play, SMU has Chad Morris as a coach, SMU has the capability to give people fits, heck they killed Houston with it, and the only problem with Cinnci is they couldn't close a tight game, look at their athletes, they are freaks! But once again the " P5 " nonsense has your perspective blinded. BTW, 2nd place defense in the Big 12 is not impressive. Defense sucks in the Big 12. You gave up 200 yards a game rushing and are in 2nd place... Ya that screams greatness
And as far as Texas Tech goes, it's not impressive if your defense is the worst in the country with that type of offense, that's why they didn't even go to a bowl

I watch them all, no question the level of competition is different..........I think what OSU's stats would look like playing those teams 11 games.........they would be off the charts, and Iowa state or Texas would have probably won 8 games playing those type teams..............
Its funny, the Big-12 teams move up and down the field against each other, but of the P-5 schools the Big -12 was #1 in defense in the post season.............

And as far as Texas Tech goes, it's not impressive if your defense is the worst in the country with that type of offense, that's why they didn't even go to a bowl
I am not arguing that, but, they score points and they were not the best in the Big-12, it really scews the stats

Ya, well Tulsa starts 4 REDSHIRT SENIORS and a Junior who have multiple years together on the O-Line. Guys who paved the way for 2 (count them... TWO) running backs in the top 20 of all rushers in FBS, one of whom was #7. Hill didn't even crack the top 40. Brewer was the #17 rusher in FBS even though he missed a game with injury.

Also, our defensive ends and our secondary have a ton of speed and ability. I know OSU's secondary isn't quite lights out so I'm thinking that one might be a push. I'll give OSU the edge in QB, WR's (because they are deeper), LB, and DT.

I watch them all, no question the level of competition is different..........I think what OSU's stats would look like playing those teams 11 games.........they would be off the charts, and Iowa state or Texas would have probably won 8 games playing those type teams..............
Its funny, the Big-12 teams move up and down the field against each other, but of the P-5 schools the Big -12 was #1 in defense in the post season.............
We will just have to respectfully agree to disagree on difference in competition. We obviously see two different things

Ya, well Tulsa starts 4 REDSHIRT SENIORS and a Junior who have multiple years together on the O-Line. Guys who paved the way for 2 (count them... TWO) running backs in the top 20 of all rushers in FBS, one of whom was #7. Hill didn't even crack the top 40. Brewer was the #17 rusher in FBS even though he missed a game with injury.

Also, our defensive ends and our secondary have a ton of speed and ability. I know OSU's secondary isn't quite lights out so I'm thinking that one might be a push. I'll give OSU the edge in QB, WR's (because they are deeper), LB, and DT.
I applaud what you guys did, but aside from Ohio State , which held you to 188 total yards , you should be able to run up stats running that offense against that level of competition.........

We will just have to respectfully agree to disagree on difference in competition. We obviously see two different things
I will say........September 1st, I will be here either congratulating you and discussing the game, or just discussing the game..................as I said , I think some areas are close, maybe a push here and there, but overall , OSU has the advantage, and having an inexperienced QB, I think it would be a tough chore to win the game

I applaud what you guys did, but aside from Ohio State , which held you to 188 total yards , you should be able to run up stats running that offense against that level of competition.........
I'd give you that argument if we just had one really good rusher. The fact that we had two speaks to our line's conditioning. They didn't have any downs where they weren't working their hardest to get the RB to the next level of defense or to give Dane time to throw.

Moreover, OSU was the team that faced more teams below #100 in rushing defense. 3 (Iowa State, Kansas, Texas Tech) to Tulsa's 1 (Fresno St.)
The rest of the teams were pretty close.

As I said I applaud you guys, and I said I am glad this game was not played last year........but.......you lost a great deal of production and have an inexperienced QB.........this OSU team for the first time is being tabbed as a play off contender, and the roster looks like a play off type team, I just don't think this particular year it will be a close game......last year? I think we see a 55-53 who ever has the ball last type game.......and in other years we will see close games, I just think this year, the matchups favor OSU to much............

All teams outside of maybe Bama and Clemson had their warts last season. Sagarin is typically a fairly objective rating system when it comes to college football. They had Okla State #11. That's probably a tad high but shows the Cowboys had another top 15ish year.

They are hoping this season resembles the 2011 campaign where they finished #3 in the country. Explosive offense which puts scoreboard pressure on the opposition offense forcing them into turnovers. OSU's defense certainly won't be great. Force turnovers and FGs is the goal.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

I think there is a talent gap at every position except for the cornerbacks and maybe the O-Line, I just don't see your freshman quarterback being able to take over the game if you ask me.

I think there is a talent gap at every position except for the cornerbacks and maybe the O-Line, I just don't see your freshman quarterback being able to take over the game if you ask me.
I for one am holding my opinion of whether the quarterback will be able to take over the game. Especially seeing as how we don't know who will get the starting nod, or have a strong idea of how either one will perform under the lights.

Reactions: TULSARISING
If we play Oklahoma state like we played the first half of the Ohio state game then we will win. Problem is Gundy remembers CMU and how we destroyed them. Okie state will be ready

Reactions: TULSARISING
I do think OSU is better BUT the Big 12 is not better than the American. Outside of OU, there is not a team that would not struggle. Iowas State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor could not compete for any title in the American. OSU gets to play OU (whichthey are not as good as) but everyone else in the the "worst" P5 conference(by far) is not very good on a national level. BTW, Colorado had an injury at QB that hurt them immensely so OSU did noy play them at full strength and OSU treated it like their Super Bowl.

Our defense was immensely better last year than the year before. And from everything I've seen, we should see the same improvement this year that we saw last year. So I wouldn't be so quick to short change our defense. Bill Young is doing a fine job with them, and I know as an OSU fan, you should be able to appreciate that. We have been getting better and quicker athletes on defense every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT