ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

Also, do

If our QB play sucks, then you are 100 percent correct, TU has no chance . If the QB play is good, they have more then just a fighting chance. That's all it comes down, TU has the athletes everywhere else to pull an upset, if OSU dosnt think that , they may experience Central Michigan all over again, or worse.

Where did I say TU has no chance? Yes, we get your lecturing of what humility the Hurricane could inflict in three weeks.....I kind of equate our "loss" to Central Michigan the same way I look at a 1-11 Fresno State taking you to double-overtime last year. But if you persist in drawing this Central Michigan comparison, let's use it as the basis for a bet. The spread differential was obviously over 50 last year with our common opponent. Let's cut that in half, since you no longer have the Great Dane, and let's cut it in half again since the game is in Stillwater. So, with your lack of respect for OSU's team this year (maybe could justify a #25 - #35 ranking you contend) you shouldn't mind giving me 12 pts. And heck, I'm feeling magnanimous today so lets bet straight-up. You could certainly make a statement, and everyone would remember how you were the one who knew OSU was way over-rated and TU's athletes across the board (excuse me you said "everywhere") are being completely discounted and disrespected. What say, $100?....and if TU wins you can take a picture and post it here with me presenting the winnings to you!

Where did I say TU has no chance? Yes, we get your lecturing of what humility the Hurricane could inflict in three weeks.....I kind of equate our "loss" to Central Michigan the same way I look at a 1-11 Fresno State taking you to double-overtime last year. But if you persist in drawing this Central Michigan comparison, let's use it as the basis for a bet. The spread differential was obviously over 50 last year with our common opponent. Let's cut that in half, since you no longer have the Great Dane, and let's cut it in half again since the game is in Stillwater. So, with your lack of respect for OSU's team this year (maybe could justify a #25 - #35 ranking you contend) you shouldn't mind giving me 12 pts. And heck, I'm feeling magnanimous today so lets bet straight-up. You could certainly make a statement, and everyone would remember how you were the one who knew OSU was way over-rated and TU's athletes across the board (excuse me you said "everywhere") are being completely discounted and disrespected. What say, $100?....and if TU wins you can take a picture and post it here with me presenting the winnings to you!
Lol I don't bet money man, even if we were playing Oklahoma Panhandle State, just not my thing. I do not disrespect OSU, I think they are a legitimate team that will do well in the Big 12 this year. And yes OSU may kick the crap out of us in a few weeks, or TU may pull the upset , either way, I will enjoy my weekend, TU has nothing to lose. If they lose, oh well , nothing lost, nothing gained. If they win, it could be considered the biggest win in TU history. And I may have misunderstood you when you said reasonable fans from.both schools don't think TU has a long shot at winning. Where you meaning they think they do?

Lol I don't bet money man, even if we were playing Oklahoma Panhandle State, just not my thing. I do not disrespect OSU, I think they are a legitimate team that will do well in the Big 12 this year. And yes OSU may kick the crap out of us in a few weeks, or TU may pull the upset , either way, I will enjoy my weekend, TU has nothing to lose. If they lose, oh well , nothing lost, nothing gained. If they win, it could be considered the biggest win in TU history. And I may have misunderstood you when you said reasonable fans from.both schools don't think TU has a long shot at winning. Where you meaning they think they do?
It would not be in the Top 10 biggest wins in history. Maybe Top 20. The biggest win in school history is winning the Orange Bowl. There are several games in the 1960s more significant. The Texas A & M victory in the 1990s would be bigger. Beating an unranked Notre Dame is a bigger win.

We might have to do some deep research to see if that win would fall into one the Top 50 victories by TU...

No offense, but beating that Notre Dame team does not fall into a huge win in my book. Beating ND would be bigger than beating this OSU team? Not a chance. That's a completely false statement.

Yeah, beating Notre Dame was a big deal to Graham, not to me. It was a nice win, but it would barely make the top 20, if even that.

Reactions: tupatsfan
Also, do they run any shuttles over by the south side of town? ( Downtown)

If our QB play sucks, then you are 100 percent correct, TU has no chance . If the QB play is good, they have more then just a fighting chance. That's all it comes down, TU has the athletes everywhere else to pull an upset, if OSU dosnt think that , they may experience Central Michigan all over again, or worse.
Yes the shuttle runs from Lewis street and 8th I believe, Lewis is the street just east of Main and 8th is 2 blocks south of Hwy 51 (6th ave) there is plenty of parking and it's a great shuttle service and as I said it's free although the drivers do have a tip jar and they do great job

Did I read that we did not play a dline as good.I m sure OSU is better than Houston. No way. Houston dominated OU up front and we dominated Houston with our oline. OSU is going to have one of their greatest years. It comes around every ten years or so. This year may be a little different in that there may not be too much cheating as they have in the past. Give them credit.

Not confirmed yet, but just saw a tweet that Washington will be out the first 4 games with a hernia.

Um, that would be a bonus and a big help.

OSU Animal Science Stillwater Wheat Pasture Barn has parking in the rear behind the sheep pastures. It's only 4 or 5 miles from the stadium. There is a free bus that will give you a ride all the way to the stadium. The bus is kind of long & slow, so they say to allow a little extra time for the ride in and out of the stadium. All the OSU fans that take this route say the ride is more fun than the game.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Not confirmed yet, but just saw a tweet that Washington will be out the first 4 games with a hernia.

Um, that would be a bonus and a big help.
I seen something like that too. Where did you see that at? That would be huge

We should probably know for sure in the next couple of days if it is true

From what they are saying now is that he had some minor abdominal pain so they did an MRI and it showed an old hernia that he didn't know about, he is going to continue playing through it

That's what I just seen, not very smart I'm, could end up costing him millions when he ends up making it worse

I don't even know if he is even injured though
That's what I just SAW.

Have you ever had a hernia? I had one for years and finally got surgery on it. It is no worse now, or no better now, than if I had not had it for years. Hernia surgery failures are not based on how long you wait. And it is old already and he has been playing on it. What more damage could he do if he plays on it a little more. Do you not think the Doctors on staff would advise him of this if it were actually true.

Confucious says sometimes it is better to hold your tongue rather than blurting out the first thing that pops into your mind.

That's what I just SAW.

Have you ever had a hernia? I had one for years and finally got surgery on it. It is no worse now, or no better now, than if I had not had it for years. Hernia surgery failures are not based on how long you wait. And it is old already and he has been playing on it. What more damage could he do if he plays on it a little more. Do you not think the Doctors on staff would advise him of this if it were actually true.

Confucious says sometimes it is better to hold your tongue rather than blurting out the first thing that pops into your mind.
I have, hurt like crap for me

Random question, but does anybody know about the TU credit card? Does it help the University at all? Was thinking of getting one for gas .

Random question, but does anybody know about the TU credit card? Does it help the University at all? Was thinking of getting one for gas .
It helps the alumni association. If you want a way to donate to the general fund painlessly, sign up for the smile.amazon.com program. Once you register and choose TU, a portion of everything you order on amazon goes to the general fund.

Reactions: TULSARISING
It helps the alumni association. If you want a way to donate to the general fund painlessly, sign up for the smile.amazon.com program. Once you register and choose TU, a portion of everything you order on amazon goes to the general fund.
Besides the Golden Hurricane Club, is there anything else I can donate to to help athletics ?

Besides the Golden Hurricane Club, is there anything else I can donate to to help athletics ?

Not unless you’re a big time donor. If you have $10k+ you can donate to a specific sport (if you do let me know and I can get you into contact with the proper folks). Otherwise GHC is the best path to support athletics.

If you don’t have $10k but want to support football or basketball you can buy season tix and find people to use them. This is probably the best path for us non-rich people to make an impact. Season ticket sales are huge indicators for the teams.

Not unless you’re a big time donor. If you have $10k+ you can donate to a specific sport (if you do let me know and I can get you into contact with the proper folks). Otherwise GHC is the best path to support athletics.

If you don’t have $10k but want to support football or basketball you can buy season tix and find people to use them. This is probably the best path for us non-rich people to make an impact. Season ticket sales are huge indicators for the teams.
Believe me, I wish I had that money lol, I'm just a lineman, so I'm not millionaire. What kind of money are we talking for the GHC?

The food isn't always the best (sometimes it is excellent!) but I would say the meals are the best perk. I've made friends at pre-game meals that have lasted twenty years now.

Reactions: TULSARISING
When I lived in Tulsa I couldn't afford the GHC and basketball season tickets so I opted for the tickets. I joined after I moved west and got a good job. I can't take advantage of the perks but still renew each year. The only time I missed was 2015 when I was in a coma for a month and a half. It's pretty painless.

As an OSU fan I would like to comment further on the Washington "injury", there is reported no real hernia, idk how to put it, it's 6:30 AM and I don't want to check. The tweet was reportedly sent out by an intern of Barstool Sports that hacked the twitter account, and I almost had a heart attack when I read it initially a few days ago.

As an OSU fan I would like to comment further on the Washington "injury", there is reported no real hernia, idk how to put it, it's 6:30 AM and I don't want to check. The tweet was reportedly sent out by an intern of Barstool Sports that hacked the twitter account, and I almost had a heart attack when I read it initially a few days ago.
Something about the whole thing does not add up, really weird

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT