ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

Can I just add that when Appalachian State upset Michigan team that went 9-4. Does this mean that Michigan was a bad team or that they just didn't make 1-2 key plays to win? It's not that Michigan is bad more so than Appalachian State just showed up that game and made the plays necessary.

But let's save all the hate for September 1st, because at this point none of it matters. Can't wait for gameday.
It only means, as many players admitted later, that the game is played by amateurs, they didn't like their coach and they played the game stoned out of their minds.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Can I just add that when Appalachian State upset Michigan team that went 9-4. Does this mean that Michigan was a bad team or that they just didn't make 1-2 key plays to win? It's not that Michigan is bad more so than Appalachian State just showed up that game and made the plays necessary.

But let's save all the hate for September 1st, because at this point none of it matters. Can't wait for gameday.

I didn’t say OSU was a bad team at all, not even for losing to CMU.

My point is using the excuse that refs messed up is silly. TU had two games last year that refs messed up calls at the end of games (vs Navy, and vs Houston) but we didn’t have rings ordered to pretend those losses didn’t happen.

TU fans were equally livid about the ending there but know a game is much more than a single set of plays and had TU cut down on mistakes the ref mistakes would be moot.

I’m also ready for the game and college football to be back. OSU has a fantastic team this year and TU will be breaking in new QB(s). There’s a reason OSU is favored in the game. Doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed win for you all.

I didn’t say OSU was a bad team at all, not even for losing to CMU.

My point is using the excuse that refs messed up is silly. TU had two games last year that refs messed up calls at the end of games (vs Navy, and vs Houston) but we didn’t have rings ordered to pretend those losses didn’t happen.

TU fans were equally livid about the ending there but know a game is much more than a single set of plays and had TU cut down on mistakes the ref mistakes would be moot.

I’m also ready for the game and college football to be back. OSU has a fantastic team this year and TU will be breaking in new QB(s). There’s a reason OSU is favored in the game. Doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed win for you all.

A missed holding call or a bad spot or even a generous call for an opponent is part of the game. OSU has had more than it's fair share of terrible officiating. However, the officials in the central Michigan game allowed a play to happen that was clearly not allowable based on the rules. It would be like the clock expiring and TU had a 3 point win but the refs decided to let Houston have a free play and they threw a Hail Mary TD pass for a cougar win.

There is bad calls and than there is blatant manipulation.

A missed holding call or a bad spot or even a generous call for an opponent is part of the game. OSU has had more than it's fair share of terrible officiating. However, the officials in the central Michigan game allowed a play to happen that was clearly not allowable based on the rules. It would be like the clock expiring and TU had a 3 point win but the refs decided to let Houston have a free play and they threw a Hail Mary TD pass for a cougar win.

OSU got screwed that game, no doubt. Not a huge fan of OSU , but always hate to see when teams get screwed over. Kind of like when Michigan made that stop in OT against Ohio State and they move the chains anyway. ( Refs were from Ohio) I can almost guarantee you if any teams get screwed in this game by refs, it will be Tulsa

Reactions: osucowboys344

They no-called Houston with a Houston DT literally standing next to our OL and in Navy game called a fumble where TU was holding the ball as a dead play after the fact.

Maybe refs just hate Oklahoma based teams not named OU. I’m done arguing. Instead of arguing will you check out my other post to raise money for our neighbors to the south being impacted by Hurricane Harvey? If you can’t donate could you share on OSU boards and social media?

They no-called Houston with a Houston DT literally standing next to our OL and in Navy game called a fumble where TU was holding the ball as a dead play after the fact.

Maybe refs just hate Oklahoma based teams not named OU. I’m done arguing. Instead of arguing will you check out my other post to raise money for our neighbors to the south being impacted by Hurricane Harvey? If you can’t donate could you share on OSU boards and social media?
Agree, football is fun and we can sometimes get carried away with it, but in the end, it's just a game, regardless of who wins. Thoughts and prayers to our neighbors down south. May the Good Lord be with them during this time.

Was this page set up by you? If so, I will be glad to donate

Totally agree. Very sad to see the hurricane Harvey. Hope TU has a great season regardless of the outcome.

OSU got screwed that game, no doubt. Not a huge fan of OSU , but always hate to see when teams get screwed over. Kind of like when Michigan made that stop in OT against Ohio State and they move the chains anyway. ( Refs were from Ohio) I can almost guarantee you if any teams get screwed in this game by refs, it will be Tulsa
You're damn right about that, as an OSU fan, we get A LOT of shaky calls to go our way. Phantom pass interferences everywhere

You're damn right about that, as an OSU fan, we get A LOT of shaky calls to go our way. Phantom pass interferences everywhere
I just don't get how refs from Ohio got to ref the Ohio State and Michigan game. That's like have an OU fan ref Bedlam

Exactly, they should
A. Either be from a neutral conference
B. Be all from different states
This.
If you lost a game to a team that is just better, fine. But when you lost because of a political issue , that's corrupt.

I just don't get how refs from Ohio got to ref the Ohio State and Michigan game. That's like have an OU fan ref Bedlam
Kinda like there's a guy on the Playoff Committee that was VP of OU and has a dog named Sam Bradford but isn't recused from voting for OU?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I demand either less corruption, or more of an opportunity to participate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT