ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

OSU fan here. I'm not sure why you guys are getting so upset. 11 page thread...some decent football talk. Idiots on both sides that think their team is the greatest thing on earth. I had an OSU alum in my office the other day that bet me Tulsa wouldn't score more that 17, I laughed, then wrote down on my calendar that he needed to pay me on Friday the 1st. This game makes me nervous because any team with an offense like Tulsa or Baylor can score in bunches, if the QB is decent. You guys seem to have a good o-line and rbs that can move the ball. The big problem I see (for OSU coaches) with Tulsa is you don't have a lot to game plan off of. OSU seems to have trouble(DC) figuring teams out unless they have a lot of film. Spencer does seem to adjust well at times but can dig quite a hole by half time. If Tulsa chooses to use a 2 QB system I could see that causing problems as well. I can see this being a close game unless the Tulsa QB's have first game jitters. If I'm putting a number on it I would say OSU 45-31. I don't want to see our defense give up that much, but the DT's and CB's have a lot of proving to do.
Congratulation on the upcoming windfall hopefully you locked him in for a C-note so you can have a nice dinner on him. I think all the points you make a valid and your a realist. Not all visitors here are as you stated early on in your post.

I haven't read all 11 pages of the thread. See what OSU did to Colorado in the bowl game. OSU will be better this year and I expect them to do even more to Tulsa than they did to Colorado.
Time to put down the crack pipe and head to the barn for some companionship. Think someone needs a little love....

Last edited:
No offense, but Iowa st, K state , TT would win 8 games a year in the AAC
Iowa State, Kansas, and Texas Tech wouldn't sniff the top of the AAC west and might finish below SMU in that division. Kansas is likely the worst team in FBS football going on 4 years running and Iowa State is not far behind.

Iowa State, Kansas, and Texas Tech wouldn't sniff the top of the AAC west and might finish below SMU in that division. Kansas is likely the worst team in FBS football going on 4 years running and Iowa State is not far behind.

Texas Tech would roll in aac. They would be a top 3 team.

I for one, can say I'm looking forward to this game happening so all of the OSU fans leave this board. If we could have realistic talk about the game then it would be different. Instead, they just want to come on here and say they are the next Bama and we have no shot.

We play USF this year and Houston. The Houston DT is the best player Tulsa will go auys better than he isgainst this year. And our OL pretty much stifled him and the DL last year
Oliver is one of the top players in the country , but one player does not make a unit or a defense the best........the preseason defensive player of the the year for the Big-12 is the DT at Kansas, he is fantastic and could start anywhere in the country, but their overall DL is weak..............I bet you can take the second best player along the UH DL and we can roll in 11 guys better than him

LOL.

You just sound ridiculous at this point. Tech would ROLL in the AAC?

hahahahahahahhahahahaha.

They would destroy teams with their offense. They might give up some points but I bet they could get some stops against the pathetic offenses in the AAC.

I for one, can say I'm looking forward to this game happening so all of the OSU fans leave this board. If we could have realistic talk about the game then it would be different. Instead, they just want to come on here and say they are the next Bama and we have no shot.

You conveniently spin things to bolster your valiant, underdog position. This is a free board. You have a TU Premium Board on Rivals and I'm pretty certain you'd be completely void of OSU rif-raf there. Not one OSU fan thinks we're a blue-blood team nor should be even be mentioned with what Bama has accomplished....but go ahead and spout off about how mean and unrealistic Cowboy fans are. You have no clue, try exchanging football view points with or Hog or sooner fans......this is a walk-in-the park. If TU wins, I'll dutifully come back and compliment the Hurricane and Coach Monty about their impressive victory.

You conveniently spin things to bolster your valiant, underdog position. This is a free board. You have a TU Premium Board on Rivals and I'm pretty certain you'd be completely void of OSU rif-raf there. Not one OSU fan thinks we're a blue-blood team nor should be even be mentioned with what Bama has accomplished....but go ahead and spout off about how mean and unrealistic Cowboy fans are. You have no clue, try exchanging football view points with or Hog or sooner fans......this is a walk-in-the park. If TU wins, I'll dutifully come back and compliment the Hurricane and Coach Monty about their impressive victory.
Actually the OU fans that have come on here in the past have been pretty realistic and often stated how impressed they are with Tulsa. OSU fans came over here and started popping off how the game will be over at halftime and how great they are. Like I said, you may very well beat us as it is a rebuilding year for us, but when you come over to a Tulsa board and start saying this won't be competitive, it's going to make TU fans mad. For example , if I went over to an OSU board and said TU will kill them, it will be over by half, do you think OSU fans wouldn't be mad? Of course they would, don't be shocked when you insult Tulsa's team, that TU fans don't stick up for them .

Reactions: theSeanDon
Actually the OU fans that have come on here in the past have been pretty realistic and often stated how impressed they are with Tulsa. OSU fans came over here and started popping off how the game will be over at halftime and how great they are. Like I said, you may very well beat us as it is a rebuilding year for us, but when you come over to a Tulsa board and start saying this won't be competitive, it's going to make TU fans mad. For example , if I went over to an OSU board and said TU will kill them, it will be over by half, do you think OSU fans wouldn't be mad? Of course they would, don't be shocked when you insult Tulsa's team, that TU fans don't stick up for them .
New id?

Na, I'm talking about back in 15 man. Some of them came over and posted about the game and complimented how fast we got back to being decent, no bashing our University, just decent football talk. Heck most of their fans were pretty cool at the game too

Reactions: theSeanDon
I think Rising may be making a run at Tu-Bla's record for most consecutive posts without taking a breath. He seems to like this board.
Should I give him a \/ for that?
large-gold-star-against-white-background-picture-id177012223

You can give me a star when I turn your power back on Gmoney lol, I'm a lineman lol

Going back to Wichita any time soon?

I don't think your id genesis starts when you first post. I believe it starts when you create it.

Going back to Wichita any time soon?

I don't think your id genesis starts when you first post. I believe it starts when you create it.
I have no idea what you are talking about , I have never even been to Wichita

Either you are acting intentionally ignorant or you don't get several references. None of those references are necessarily negative. They are intended as blues clues.

Either you are acting intentionally ignorant or you don't get several references. None of those references are necessarily negative. They are intended as blues clues.
Man, I'm just really confused on what you are saying. If this helps, I used to just read the boards and I just recently started an account, I don't see what the big deal is. Not being ignorant, just have no idea what you are getting at

"I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main roads, searchin' the sky for another over load" - Glen Campbell

I think this is the missed reference.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT