ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

They can be in the conversation regarding good teams. They certainly will be this season and it's not an anomaly. They've invested in their program and it has made them part of the conversation. They however are not in the same conversation as Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, the real OSU, and the other bluebloods. When those guys have a bad season it's an anomaly and their expected to box nice back immediately and usually do. With the teams that are part of the"good" conversation the question is why it will take and how long before they can get their ship in order again. There are lots of good teams in today's college football landscape but just a few elites.

So OSU had won at least 10 games in 5 of the last 7 seasons and at least 9 games 7 of the last 9 seasons and won at least 7 games 13 years in a row...... not much bounce back time.......BTW neither Texas or Michigan have won 10 games in 5 of the last 7 seasons, in fact only 6 other schools besides OSU have

Last edited:
Is this guy putting OSU in the same realm as OU? Now that is way off base. OSU really wants to be included in the conversation of good programs but OU will always be better and if they ever kick OSU off of their back, OSU will not be attractive to other conferences. OSU is only where they are because OU has been very nice.
I have not heard any legit person say The OSU program is on the same level as OU, we are much closer than we were a few years ago, but unless OU craters for some reason we will not catch them. Now we are close enough that we can compete with them and on years like this I think we can take them for the Big-12 title if things fall right , I think we are the better team this year, but not by much and that can change on a dime. They have several more question than we do going into the season

But you...you are the pinnacle of objectivity! No fan boy in blue and gold, you. Athlon's rankings also included multiple G5 programs. You're just feeling an unusually virulent episode of butt hurt that they don't drink the same Kool-Aid you gulp down.

As for my TU bona fides, I spent many days toiling as a TA in BAH and consumed much pizza and beer in ACAC. Even yelled insults at Gino Terretta when he and the U visited SKelly Stadium.

Not at all... but then I'm not trolling the OSU site and expecting them to embrace my blue and gold vision of the future am I?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Not at all... but then I'm not trolling the OSU site and expecting them to embrace my blue and gold vision of the future am I?
Just ignore them man, a person that comes on another teams board and says they will destroy them and gets all offended when the other team defends itself, is not worth your time

Reactions: Boonescabanaboy
Just ignore them man, a person that comes on another teams board and says they will destroy them and gets all offended when the other team defends itself, is not worth your time

But it's so much fun yanking their chains.. it's like they think I care, but they are really just something to take my mind off of the worlds imminent destruction from the eclipse.

Auburn has won a lot of games lately. They've got a Heisman, an NC, and played for another. They play in a palace with 80,000+ and you can't get a ticket. They've got some of the hottest chicks and best practice facilities on the planet. Since you guys are poke fans and care about that stuff, their Ag school and vet school is Top 5 nationwide.

They are not, and never will be, Alabama.

They deal with it. So should you.

OSU fan here. I'm not sure why you guys are getting so upset. 11 page thread...some decent football talk. Idiots on both sides that think their team is the greatest thing on earth. I had an OSU alum in my office the other day that bet me Tulsa wouldn't score more that 17, I laughed, then wrote down on my calendar that he needed to pay me on Friday the 1st. This game makes me nervous because any team with an offense like Tulsa or Baylor can score in bunches, if the QB is decent. You guys seem to have a good o-line and rbs that can move the ball. The big problem I see (for OSU coaches) with Tulsa is you don't have a lot to game plan off of. OSU seems to have trouble(DC) figuring teams out unless they have a lot of film. Spencer does seem to adjust well at times but can dig quite a hole by half time. If Tulsa chooses to use a 2 QB system I could see that causing problems as well. I can see this being a close game unless the Tulsa QB's have first game jitters. If I'm putting a number on it I would say OSU 45-31. I don't want to see our defense give up that much, but the DT's and CB's have a lot of proving to do.

Reactions: Just_Will95
But it's so much fun yanking their chains.. it's like they think I care, but they are really just something to take my mind off of the worlds imminent destruction from the eclipse.
OSU fan here. I'm not sure why you guys are getting so upset. 11 page thread...some decent football talk. Idiots on both sides that think their team is the greatest thing on earth. I had an OSU alum in my office the other day that bet me Tulsa wouldn't score more that 17, I laughed, then wrote down on my calendar that he needed to pay me on Friday the 1st. This game makes me nervous because any team with an offense like Tulsa or Baylor can score in bunches, if the QB is decent. You guys seem to have a good o-line and rbs that can move the ball. The big problem I see (for OSU coaches) with Tulsa is you don't have a lot to game plan off of. OSU seems to have trouble(DC) figuring teams out unless they have a lot of film. Spencer does seem to adjust well at times but can dig quite a hole by half time. If Tulsa chooses to use a 2 QB system I could see that causing problems as well. I can see this being a close game unless the Tulsa QB's have first game jitters. If I'm putting a number on it I would say OSU 45-31. I don't want to see our defense give up that much, but the DT's and CB's have a lot of proving to do.
Pretty good post imo, I think people get a little fired up when they haven't gotten to see football in awhile!
I have no idea why it quoted Noble, sorry man!

Hell Noble, I'm from the Texas panhandle and I've been to all of those. Got to ride in the XIT Parade once in Dalhart. Good times!!!

Reactions: TULSARISING
Hell Noble, I'm from the Texas panhandle and I've been to all of those. Got to ride in the XIT Parade once in Dalhart. Good times!!!

Among many of the stupider things I have done in my life... many of those Rodeos were "open" meaning you didn't have to have a PRCA or IPRA card to participate... I was way too big to try the rough stock (center of gravity all wrong) but, I did go back to my eastern okie roots and try my hand at 'doggin...

Boone (scumbag that he is) has one of the biggest ranches in the TX panhandle. He cut off river access through the 2B to the Canadian river valley below lake Meredith (when he claimed the valley as his own). I used to hunt deer n ducks on that river, it was always fun getting harassed by his cowboys for legally hunting the river bottom which was public land by law.

I wonder what ever happened to Boones plan to drain the Ogalalla to supply Fort Worth with water?

Probably the dumbest thing and best thing I've ever done is trying my best on the first go at an open with almost no experience. I marked the horse clean and made the horn, but I have no memory of the ride. I scored like 5th or 6th. I was just happy to get a score. There were guys there trying to ride pro with worse stock draws that didn't get a score. My girlfriend didn't talk to me for a week.

i left for Oxford a few months later. It made for a nice story when people made comments about my accent.

I haven't read all 11 pages of the thread. See what OSU did to Colorado in the bowl game. OSU will be better this year and I expect them to do even more to Tulsa than they did to Colorado.

I haven't read all 11 pages of the thread. See what OSU did to Colorado in the bowl game. OSU will be better this year and I expect them to do even more to Tulsa than they did to Colorado.
Does Spock know you are on the internet?

I prefer to point to the 24-20 score line in the third quarter of the Kansas game and Rudolph's 220 yards passing against their defense.

Reactions: theSeanDon
People citing the central Michigan game as some kind of barometer for how good of team OSU has is smoking crack.

I bet if you stayed on your board you might not hear that comparison. But if you come onto the Tulsa board, you should expect some pushback. That's the nature of fan boards. I imagine you can get a lot more agreement on your own board. Not that we're not happy to have you, but don't expect us to pat you on the back and tell you how great you are.

I prefer to point to the 24-20 score line in the third quarter of the Kansas game and Rudolph's 220 yards passing against their defense.

And we prefer to use TU's double-overtime victory over a 1-11 Fresno State team last year.....how much weight do you give that fine performance? Really it is all bs to compare scores.....both teams went 10-3. TulsaRising believes the AAC is a better conference than the Big 12.....damn those AP pollsters with their bias toward the so-called "P-5" conference teams!

And we prefer to use TU's double-overtime victory over a 1-11 Fresno State team last year.....how much weight do you give that fine performance? Really it is all bs to compare scores.....both teams went 10-3. TulsaRising believes the AAC is a better conference than the Big 12.....damn those AP pollsters with their bias toward the so-called "P-5" conference teams!
No, I kind of go off the fact that Houston ( our 5th place team) beat OU ( Big 12 champion) but OSU just wants to sweep that under the rug. As far as Fresno State and your Central Michigan game... Those are both of our worst games, difference is we were AT Fresno State and WON. You guys got beat AT HOME

No, I kind of go off the fact that Houston ( our 5th place team) beat OU ( Big 12 champion) but OSU just wants to sweep that under the rug. As far as Fresno State and your Central Michigan game... Those are both of our worst games, difference is we were AT Fresno State and WON. You guys got beat AT HOME
Also, I believe they are more so even then one is better then the other. Only reason I State that is because of the disrespect of our conference when it's not that different then the Big 12

And as far as the "P5 " thing, you honestly think they don't lean towards P5? Explain to me how a 5 win Texas team is #23 then.

Absolutely no difference between your narrowest of victory over a hapless team and our "loss" versus a bowl team. Neither game should have been close. Things like this happen (recall Appalachian State winning at Michigan a few years back).
I've offered to bet you straight up (with your logic TU should be a 17 point favorite since you'll be far tougher than what the Chippewas brought to Stilly).

And as far as the "P5 " thing, you honestly think they don't lean towards P5? Explain to me how a 5 win Texas team is #23 then.

No doubt they do.....but five Big 12 teams versus one AAC team is a serious departure from your logic that the AAC is better.

Absolutely no difference between your narrowest of victory over a hapless team and our "loss" versus a bowl team. Neither game should have been close. Things like this happen (recall Appalachian State winning at Michigan a few years back).
I've offered to bet you straight up (with your logic TU should be a 17 point favorite since you'll be far tougher than what the Chippewas brought to Stilly).
One, yes it does, because one mark goes into the win column, and the other goes into the L column. 2. I have told you I do not bet, because we may very well get beat handily. You don't get what I'm saying, you think I'm saying TU will go in and just beat the crap out of OSU. I know OSU is the favorite. I just don't think it will be a blowout like all of the OSU fans think it will be

No doubt they do.....but five Big 12 teams versus one AAC team is a serious departure from your logic that the AAC is better.
I AM NOT SAYING the AAC is better, I'm saying that it is closer to being even then what many OSU fans saying it's just an ordinary Non P5 conference

I guess this somehow holds relevance to the OSU/TU matchup

It certainly doesn't, but when the conversation diverges from TU to the pedigree of a program that wishes to be considered amongst the elites of college football it has credence.

Aggies have been consistent in recent years but the bluebloods of college football have lived in that world for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT