ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

I wonder how many of the jokers coming over here from the cowboy boards and posting about how OSU is a Top 10 team already have hotel reservations for the Alamo Bowl. A fair number, I'd wager ....

I wonder how many of the jokers coming over here from the cowboy boards and posting about how OSU is a Top 10 team already have hotel reservations for the Alamo Bowl. A fair number, I'd wager ....

The Alamo bowl is a better bowl than most of the AAC bowls

Dude you argue like a little 5 year old. How butthurt can you get over simple clowning about a bowl OSU seemingly is in the running for every single year?

"I know you are but what am I"

Reactions: Gmoney4WW

• Birmingham Bowl versus SEC
  • St. Petersburg Bowl versus ACC
  • Miami Beach Bowl versus MAC
  • Military Bowl versus ACC
  • Armed Forces Bowl versus Big 12
  • Hawaii Bowl versus Mountain West
  • Boca Raton Bowl versus Conference USA
  • Cure Bowl versus Sun Belt

Yep, you probably got us there, but we do have one in a Texas high school stadium now.

I'm just curious if you spend this much time on other opponent's boards, prior to a game, like you have with us? Say, on OU's board? And if you use the same kind of rhetoric, what is their response?

Or do you only go on the boards of small private schools with limited enrollment and athletic budgets? I'm sincerely curious what makes a person spend so much of his time doing this?

I'm just curious if you spend this much time on other opponent's boards, prior to a game, like you have with us? Say, on OU's board? And if you use the same kind of rhetoric, what is their response?

Or do you only go on the boards of small private schools with limited enrollment and athletic budgets? I'm sincerely curious what makes a person spend so much of his time doing this?

If it makes you feel any better, he's kinda a pain on our own boards too.

If it makes you feel any better, he's kinda a pain on our own boards too.
OSU's suffering is our joy. ;0)

…at least for this week.

Too bad you can't get rid of him at weeks end like we will. Maybe we'll trade him for a poster or two.

Reactions: Boonescabanaboy
Is it true that out of Tulsa's 10 wins last year, that only one game (Memphis) was against a team that finished with a winning record?

OSewecowboys344 is a ewe molester...baaaaaa....ride em!!

Nuke 344 and the sheep he rode in on!!!!!

Is it true that the team that beat OSU at home was the same team we beat by 45?

I'll say this to the Tulsa crowd, be prepared to be a little frustrated with your soft coverage on defense.

Maybe it was the personnel we had, but Bill Young frustrated me when he was our coach with allowing the other team a freebie on short passes. Especially with a team like we have this year, that is such a deep threat, it wouldn't surprise me if Bill was trying to keep everything in front of your D, to a fault.

He doesn't want to get burned deep so we may be able to dink and dunk on you all day long.

I really like Bill Young but this was one thing that tormented me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthTulsaPoke
Yes......so knowing that , do you think you are going to beat us?

I think the point is, it's not so unreasonable to expect an upset. If the Tulsa fans see themselves as a favorite they're being homers, but they are less of a dog than Central Michigan was. Despite the stats, rankings and preseason predictions, it's not crazy talk to think they could give us a tough game, and maybe even pull off the upset.

I know their chances are infinitely better than ours were against OU in 2001.

I think the point is, it's not so unreasonable to expect an upset. If the Tulsa fans see themselves as a favorite they're being homers, but they are less of a dog than Central Michigan was. Despite the stats, rankings and preseason predictions, it's not crazy talk to think they could give us a tough game, and maybe even pull off the upset.

I agree.........there is always a chance for an upset, in any game anywhere, but it is against the odds..........I do think OSU is a bad match up for Tulsa this year..... last year....different story.......

Reactions: Boonescabanaboy

Was that the year you guys had Josh fields? Or was that 2004

I call it like I see it. I am not here to kiss butt like you. I like TU and don't have problems with them but trying to act like they are on equal footing with OSU is a joke.

So ... do the signs on the restrooms and water fountains in your building say "Oranges Only"?

If we have a QB, it will be a game imo, if we don't, it could be over by half

Was that the year you guys had Josh fields? Or was that 2004

Yep. Just to recap, playing in Norman, we were 3-7, they were 11-1, defending national champs with a chance to repeat.

If I heard they were going to replay it on TV next week I'm not sure I could even bring myself to bet on us.

So ... do the signs on the restrooms and water fountains in your building say "Oranges Only"?

No, I told you guys that if this was last year than it would be a different story but this year TU has a new QB and replaces players at key positions.

Wow. It IS true. Better to have one stunning loss that wasn't really a loss, early in the season, than to go all year, beating subpar teams, and then strutting and preening that you're double digit winners, with such an embarrassing caveat attached to it.

At least we beat West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Kansas State, and Colorado. At least the losing teams we beat were mainly P5s.

All the stats you cite from last year are definitely tainted.

Yes we know OSU doesn’t claim the loss. The rest of the world knows that it was a loss.

Yes, it's not a loss in the record book but the officials made a decision that was outside of the rules of the game to allow CMU to win.

Either way, let's say it was a loss. This has no relevance to how good the 2017 OSU football team will be. It also holds no relevance to how good the Tulsa Golden Hurricane will be.

However, I think it's safe to say that TU will not be as good as they were last year and OSU has the opportunity offensively to be significantly better.

Yes, it's not a loss in the record book but the officials made a decision that was outside of the rules of the game to allow CMU to win.

You can blame the officials but the terrible defense by OSU on the last play was much worse. Besides OSU is so great how could they go toe to toe against a MAC team anyway.

You can blame the officials but the terrible defense by OSU on the last play was much worse. Besides OSU is so great how could they go toe to toe against a MAC team anyway.

Is it blaming or a misapplication of a rule? I am just asking because the official admitted it was the wrong call and we got an apology. We lost the game but I don't think TU fans would be happy if roles were reversed.

Many teams have play close games against weak competition. It's called playing down to your opponent and It happens all the time.

Can I just add that when Appalachian State upset Michigan team that went 9-4. Does this mean that Michigan was a bad team or that they just didn't make 1-2 key plays to win? It's not that Michigan is bad more so than Appalachian State just showed up that game and made the plays necessary.

But let's save all the hate for September 1st, because at this point none of it matters. Can't wait for gameday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT