ADVERTISEMENT

osu, what to expect?

Not our worst matchup of the season. They kind of remind me of Memphis last year. Great offense that might be surprised by the quality of our defensive linemen. Also they aren't tremendous up the middle on defense.

I think our worst matchup is Navy. Our defense is constructed to bend but not break and to force turnovers by getting after the QB and forcing him to make poor decisions throwing the ball. That's hard to do when the opponent likes to go down the field 3.5 yards at a time mostly on the ground.

I think this is the worst matchup for this TU team based on the QB position. OSU will score which will put scoreboard pressure on TU's offense and in turn Skipper to match those scores. The last thing you want in an opener with an inexperienced young QB is a shootout. I like our chances in a 31 to 28 game a lot more than a 48 to 38 type of game.

They really up the prices on game days. Microtell is only about a half mile from the stadium and there as several restaurants right there, Rib Cribb, Chilis , Red Lobster, Chilpote,
Did some checking, every other place is cheaper then Microtell, kind of weird to me. May have to pretend I'm rich and check out Hilton or Marriot

I think this is the worst matchup for this TU team based on the QB position. OSU will score which will put scoreboard pressure on TU's offense and in turn Skipper to match those scores. The last thing you want in an opener with an inexperienced young QB is a shootout. I like our chances in a 31 to 28 game a lot more than a 48 to 38 type of game.
I still disagree. If the Navy game showed us anything last season, every offensive possession against them is going to matter because they make it incredibly difficult for our defense to get stops. I'm more confident in our defense getting a number of stops (3 & outs, fumbles, or interceptions) against OSU than I am against Navy.

I finally found some film on Skipper to get an idea of what his strengths and weaknesses are. Before I say anything else, this was HIGHSCHOOL film from his senior season so just because he did it there doesn't mean he will do it against OSU, but he had very good mechanics and could throw the deep ball and was extremely elusive. I think he is already a better elusive qb as well as running the ball then Dane was, hopefully he is ready to go.

I don't know how many know this, but when we lost our QB comitt Nic Starkle two years ago we scrambled to try to find one, we narrowed our list down to Keondre Woudtee and Luke Skipper, the coaches really liked both. We ended up with Woudtee, whether that was by our choice or not I have no idea, but I know they really thought Skipper was big time

Reactions: theSeanDon
I hope fans aren't expecting Skipper to be TJ. I've seen some what I consider unrealistic expectations for a guy playing his first college football game on the road against a top 10 team who is our worst matchup of the season.
I dont think that's what the majority feel. I think we know he's not TJ but, he doesn't have to be. He just needs to be at his best and that will be a recipe for success.

I don't know how many know this, but when we lost our QB comitt Nic Starkle two years ago we scrambled to try to find one, we narrowed our list down to Keondre Woudtee and Luke Skipper, the coaches really liked both. We ended up with Woudtee, whether that was by our choice or not I have no idea, but I know they really thought Skipper was big time
What you really mean is that OSU ran short on options and was arrogant enough to think they can't charm away a TU recruit. Skipper had no Div I offers except TU. He accepted the next day. If OSU rated him in their Top 3, they didnt show it. He was an overlooked recruit at a school with a good history of developing QBs. I'm not convinced he is going to be starter, even though he is clearly the better passer with the body of work we have seen. However, to suggest that OSU really liked him and it came down to a guy with offers from Louisville, Missouri, and TCU and Skipper simply isn't plausible. Call it what it is. OSU got caught late in the game with its pants down and poaching Skipper was considered a nuclear option.

Skipper has a chance to be a really nice story considering his recruitment (or lack thereof) if he's successful at the D1 level.

What you really mean is that OSU ran short on options and was arrogant enough to think they can't charm away a TU recruit. Skipper had no Div I offers except TU. He accepted the next day. If OSU rated him in their Top 3, they didnt show it. He was an overlooked recruit at a school with a good history of developing QBs. I'm not convinced he is going to be starter, even though he is clearly the better passer with the body of work we have seen. However, to suggest that OSU really liked him and it came down to a guy with offers from Louisville, Missouri, and TCU and Skipper simply isn't plausible. Call it what it is. OSU got caught late in the game with its pants down and poaching Skipper

What you really mean is that OSU ran short on options and was arrogant enough to think they can't charm away a TU recruit. Skipper had no Div I offers except TU. He accepted the next day. If OSU rated him in their Top 3, they didnt show it. He was an overlooked recruit at a school with a good history of developing QBs. I'm not convinced he is going to be starter, even though he is clearly the better passer with the body of work we have seen. However, to suggest that OSU really liked him and it came down to a guy with offers from Louisville, Missouri, and TCU and Skipper simply isn't plausible. Call it what it is. OSU got caught late in the game with its pants down and poaching Skipper was considered a nuclear option.
That is exactly what it was, or what was attempted.........we stopped recruiting QBs when our guy committed, he decommitted a few days before the December dead period.........they Id'd a couple guys they liked and thought they had a chance on and went for them...........Now Woudtee really exploded his senior year and had late offers from Missouri and TCU , so we really got lucky with him, he has not played yet, but all indications are he will be pretty good............[/QUOTE]

I think you will see your DL pushed around :)
I don't think so, each side will have some wins in a game on both lines, but our DL will be really strong...........Owens, Carter , Daniels and Waltershied will be one of the better DLs in the Big-12

I don't think so, each side will have some wins in a game on both lines, but our DL will be really strong...........Owens, Carter , Daniels and Waltershied will be one of the better DLs in the Big-12
They play defense in the big 12? :)
Also had some people confirm your statement about Bad Brads, excellent choice!

They play defense in the big 12? :)
Also had some people confirm your statement about Bad Brads, excellent choice!
More so than the AAC.........just as you guys know, teams with up tempo offenses will not have good defensive stats, the other team gets to many possessions in a game.

More so than the AAC.........just as you guys know, teams with up tempo offenses will not have good defensive stats, the other team gets to many possessions in a game.
I' know you will disagree, bit IMO ,there really isn't that big of a difference between the AAC and the Big 12, I mean our 5th place team beat the Big 12 champion

Clemson says it can be done.
I here alot of talk from some of my OSU friends saying the TU defense is terrible, if course they have no idea who the players are, but if you consider a defense with Jesse Brubaker, Kolton , Jeremy Smith, Keanu Hill, Petera Wilson, Craig suites ect bad, you may be stunned when the Hurricane come to Stillwater

I here alot of talk from some of my OSU friends saying the TU defense is terrible, if course they have no idea who the players are, but if you consider a defense with Jesse Brubaker, Kolton , Jeremy Smith, Keanu Hill, Petera Wilson, Craig suites ect bad, you may be stunned when the Hurricane come to Stillwater
I personally don't think Tulsa has a bad defense, but I don't think it's great either, but the OSU offense may be the best in the country and I see our defense forcing a good number of negative plays facing a new QB

I personally don't think Tulsa has a bad defense, but I don't think it's great either, but the OSU offense may be the best in the country and I see our defense forcing a good number of negative plays facing a new QB
I'm not saying we will shut you guys down , but I think ( not you in particular) alot of OSU fans think it will be a cake walk for the offense, Ohio St was also " one of the best offenses in the country, yet the only had 6 offensive points in the 1st half, the defense will only be better

OSU's OL is not very good, so they have little chance of being the top offense in the country. OSU lost its best defensive players, too, especially their DT. I think Tulsa has a chance if they can beat osu in the trenches. I would give Tulsa's OL the edge against osu DL and it's probably a wash between OSU's OL and tulsa's DL. OSU has special talent at its skill positions but their defense has many holes.

OSU's OL is not very good, so they have little chance of being the top offense in the country. OSU lost its best defensive players, too, especially their DT. I think Tulsa has a chance if they can beat osu in the trenches. I would give Tulsa's OL the edge against osu DL and it's probably a wash between OSU's OL and tulsa's DL. OSU has special talent at its skill positions but their defense has many holes.
OSU will probably have the edge with their wrs against our secondary, but I feel like our secondary is good enough now that they can slow them down , watch for Keanu Hill to have a special game. I do agree that we have the advantage with our OL against their Dline so it is critical we take advantage of that. Our new qb will need to also be ready to step up, we do that, TU has a very good chance to leave Stillwater with a win.

OSU will probably have the edge with their wrs against our secondary, but I feel like our secondary is good enough now that they can slow them down , watch for Keanu Hill to have a special game. I do agree that we have the advantage with our OL against their Dline so it is critical we take advantage of that. Our new qb will need to also be ready to step up, we do that, TU has a very good chance to leave Stillwater with a win.
Should be an interesting game, but honestly, I don;t think anyone could find any position group where Tulsa has an advantage, and thats usually not conducive to winning a game

Should be an interesting game, but honestly, I don;t think anyone could find any position group where Tulsa has an advantage, and thats usually not conducive to winning a game
You wear me out brother lol
Also is Bad Brads off 6th ?

If you don't think my statement is correct, lets talk about it , that is what these boards are for...........
I have.. multiple times.... I know why you feel that OSU is unstoppable for Tulsa and I have told you why I feel Tulsa can beat OSU, why repeat a conversation that is ultimately going to be a repeat of a conversation we have already had?

Side note... Do you think the cowboys get the sooners this year?
OU as usual have more overall program talent, but we have one of those rare years where we have the talent / experience advantage that should offset their overall talent advantage..........they have more question marks than we do..........so we will see......

What are you basing this off of? Tulsa is returning more starters than OSU is, and Tulsa was arguably as good as osu was last season. Are you basing this off of recruiting rankings? If that's the case then osu wouldn't have a single position group advantage over ou. Or is it just the ol' eyeball test?

Reactions: TULSARISING
What are you basing this off of? Tulsa is returning more starters than OSU is, and Tulsa was arguably as good as osu was last season. Are you basing this off of recruiting rankings? If that's the case then osu wouldn't have a single position group advantage over ou. Or is it just the ol' eyeball test?

Maybe OSU being a 17 point favorite or ranked in the top 10 in the country or recent history between the two schools? Team's aren't usually multi touchdown favs without some tangible advantages on the field

So I think you should totally go to the OU page and invite all the OU fans to come to Stillwater , wear blue for a night , and cheer on Tulsa!and while packing BPS with Blue !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT