ADVERTISEMENT

Official ORU Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
I made it to the game. 2nd row seats at mid court, being able to get single game tickets right here is so nice.

Also, as I got here I saw Rod and Bryce Thompson saying hi to Bruce Howard and JR Rollo.

Good to see Bryce and Rod continuing to come to games.

I think Taplin might have been told too many times that he needs to shoot more because he seems to be pressing too hard. I’ve never seen a single player miss so many layups.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Students are studying...it’s TU.

Better start for TU in terms of offense and movement. Rebounding is going to be an Achilles’ heel all season.

4 different players have hit 3s so far for us

We seem to have a lot of personnel changes already.

We seem to have a lot of personnel changes already.
Wheeler came out right away because he couldn’t or wouldn’t stick on Ruder. Korita did a better job.

Scott has found his shooting stroke tonight.

Already down 4 on the glass

That foul call on Jefferies was rough. ORU isn’t as strong inside as advertised.

This rivalry has died down since I was a student (less than 10 years ago). When I was a student the crowd wasn’t great but students from both schools showed up in good numbers regardless of where it was played. I don’t see any ORU students this game. Sad!

Reactions: oruvoice
That foul call on Jefferies was rough. ORU isn’t as strong inside as advertised.
Not when Owens picks up a foul in the first minute and then picks up a cheap offensive foul and will sit for the last 10 minutes.

Wheeler should be the last guy off the bench getting regular minutes. He provides zero on offense and loses his man too often. Korita is much better and fundamentally sound on both ends of the floor.

We are seeing Scott’s shooting and Jeffries athleticism displayed as advertised tonight

Reactions: Gold* and Glasscain
Korita with a superb skip pass to Geno . Taplin with a superb dish to Gene for a dunk. Jeffries makes a great steal and starts the break. I know ORU isn’t great but we came to play tonight and are seeing some things that TU players can do.

EDIT: I hate autocorrect

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
Jeffries and Joiner are very good defensively and talk well. I expect they play together a lot late in games because of defense.

PA guy just called Wheeler “Jaleel White.” No wonder he’s struggling, Urkle replaced him

Not when Owens picks up a foul in the first minute and then picks up a cheap offensive foul and will sit for the last 10 minutes.

Wheeler should be the last guy off the bench getting regular minutes. He provides zero on offense and loses his man too often. Korita is much better and fundamentally sound on both ends of the floor.

We are seeing Scott’s shooting and Jeffries athleticism displayed as advertised tonight

I don’t disagree, but is it worth the 25 responses from MartonAstin that waste a lot of electrons?

Not sure. It’s the same one that’s been here for basketball for at least 15 years.

He’s fine. He had been the PA guy since the Convention Center. There’s a backup, too. He also does BA football.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Rebounding improved, only losing that by 1.

Hopefully Haith never plays Scott and Henderson together again. They played for about 2 min together. On defense they both were on Ruder (miscommunication). He caught the ball and they both ran AWAY from him to guard the corner. Luckily he missed the shot.

A lot of minutes from Korita. Not so much for Wheeler. I’m not complaining.

Reactions: dmarsh1985
Quality bounceback performance in the first half. Etou letting the game come to him while remaining assertive. Jeffries looks exactly like Coley when he jumps those passing lanes. He needs to sure up his handles a bit on offense. Unsung hero is Artison. He's giving quality minutes and our team really started playing well when we put in a "big" lineup with Jeffries + Etou + Artison in the frontcourt.

He's giving quality minutes and our team really started playing well when we put in a "big" lineup with Jeffries + Etou + Artison in the frontcourt.

Those 3 plus Joiner and Taplin is my favorite lineup thus far on the early season.

Quality bounceback performance in the first half. Etou letting the game come to him while remaining assertive. Jeffries looks exactly like Coley when he jumps those passing lanes. He needs to sure up his handles a bit on offense. Unsung hero is Artison. He's giving quality minutes and our team really started playing well when we put in a "big" lineup with Jeffries + Etou + Artison in the frontcourt.

You didn’t see Coley play. You, sir, did not even say LEC play. STFU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT