ADVERTISEMENT

Official ORU Game Thread

A few bullet points:

We’re much more athletic than them.

We’re shooting well from outside. Rebounding better, and look like we’re much more into the game than we were Friday afternoon.

Oru’s Coach reminds me of our old pal Douglas - they had him on the big screen screaming at his players with veins popping out on his forehead.

Also the lovely oru cheerleaders didn’t look very becoming while mocking our cheerleaders and dance team.

ETOU DUNKED. ETOU DUNKED. ETOU DUNKED!!!!!!!!!
Etou talked trash to White all the way down the court after that too. Etou seems like he has a chip on his shoulder in this one. This is the player we all expected. Not sure how many boards he has but has to be close to 7-8.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Korita has had quality minutes tonight. His first couple included a steal, a rebound, and an assist.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Also the lovely oru cheerleaders didn’t look very becoming while mocking our cheerleaders and dance team.

Yeah but you can’t see their wrists or midriff, so.......

(No idea what I’m getting at there, a little absurdist humor for everyone. I had too much caffeine this afternoon)

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and Gold*
Looked like we were playing a 1-3-1 early in the half. Somebody got beat on the backdoor lob which just can't be allowed to happen. I think that defense can be a real weapon for us going forward though.

Etou showed up tonight, probably his best half at Tulsa. Jeffries playing well & active on both ends.

TU is playing well in spite of refs tonight. Hope to see more Joiner in 2nd half.

Not sure. It’s the same one that’s been here for basketball for at least 15 years.
Yes it’s the same guy. He and the guy running the scoreboard and clock for both football and basketball both need to go. They’ve been doing it as long as the DonRey has been open and both have officially gone off the deep end senile this season.

Reactions: TU 1978
Up 16 with 13 minutes left. We need to keep the intensity up & pull away now.

Roger from What’s Happening just nailed Taplin in the head. Should be a flagrant 1 no doubt

Nice game by Korita. Very little court time for Scott and Henderson 2nd half.

Interesting to see how the pecking order sorts out.

A completely different game than Friday- good for Haith and the players. Still not a great 3pt %, and splitting rebounds with ORU- we have to make shots to win (says every team), but especially bad rebounding teams. Etou was a different player, but has to bring it every night- the team will only go as far as he takes them, at least early on in the year.

Yeah but you can’t see their wrists or midriff, so.......

(No idea what I’m getting at there, a little absurdist humor for everyone. I had too much caffeine this afternoon)
Or too much toddy of your choice this PM....Totally permissible, however!

Nice to see us come back and lay the hammer down on Oru... those guys are some dirty ass players and their new coach looks like a huge douche.

Reactions: Gold*
Nice to see us come back and lay the hammer down on Oru... those guys are some dirty ass players and their new coach looks like a huge douche.

Yeah, they tried to hurt us like usual . . . Cheap shots on Etou, Taplin, and Artison. They tackled Etou out of bounds. That dood should have been tossed.

Last edited:
Yeah, they tried to hurt us like usual . . . Cheap shots on Etou, Taplin, and Artison. They tackled Etou out of bounds. That food should have been tossed.
That's unsportsmanlike conduct. Should have been 15 yards resulting in an automatic 1ST DOWN!

Nice game by Korita. Very little court time for Scott and Henderson 2nd half.

Interesting to see how the pecking order sorts out.
Yes indeed! However, things haven't been sorted out yet....I can see Joiner
getting uber minutes as the season progresses....He rebounds, he assists,
he defends, and he has a shot from beyond the arc....Good lookin' player!

You’re on to something there. Haith mentioned post game Joiner is getting so many minutes already because he trusts him. He said he expects his minutes to continue to increase this season.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and Gold*
Yeah, they tried to hurt us like usual . . . Cheap shots on Etou, Taplin, and Artison. They tackled Etou out of bounds. That dood should have been tossed.
The one where Roger from What's Happening tried to remove Tap's head was pretty egregious. In real time I was screaming for a flagrant. After replay it probably should have been a flagrant 2. He didn't even try to go for the ball and the forearm he delivered was UFC quality. After that play though the refs decided to buckle down and call every instance of contact. Etou's 4th foul was a joke. He literally stood in the lane and Owens jumped into him.

And Etou sold a couple of the player control calls against Owens and White.

Joiner plays at a maturity level far above his age right now. He missed his 1st two shots which were good open looks but he didn't force things later on until he had to launch the "another zip code" 3.

Talk about Korita subbing in as first off the bench, 1:20 into the game when he came on for Wheeler. Wheeler lost Ruder early resulting in an open 3. Henderson wasn't happy. I don't think we want to bring the help on the bigs as fast against these early season teams. We really don't need to. Etou and Igbanu are capable defenders and even Geno made things tougher down low (and Geno was really physical in going for rebounds last night). I think Etou and Jeffries bring a different attitude and mental toughness to this team that we haven't seen in a while. A little of that Kurtz and Coley toughness we have talked about recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT