ADVERTISEMENT

Official ORU Game Thread

Joiner plays at a maturity level far above his age right now. He missed his 1st two shots which were good open looks but he didn't force things later on until he had to launch the "another zip code" 3.

He also seems to be the most vocal player on the team. I get the sense he really likes his teammates, he was constantly bringing them together to huddle up and calm the others down during dead ball periods.

Honestly, that aspect of his game is probably my favorite quality in him thus far. And I really like his defense.

He also seems to be the most vocal player on the team. I get the sense he really likes his teammates, he was constantly bringing them together to huddle up and calm the others down during dead ball periods.

Honestly, that aspect of his game is probably my favorite quality in him thus far. And I really like his defense.
I noticed that at the Lamar game. TU pushing season ticket holders into the cushy seats for that game gives you a different perspective in being able to hear EVERYTHING. I made the comment on Friday that this is Joiner's team when he is on the court. Guys like Etou and Taplin are called the leaders by default because of how long they've been here and their talent. Joiner is a leader. He's got a charisma about him that he can back with his game and it appears that people are willing to listen to him because he is willing to listen to them. You don't have to be the best player or score the most points to be a leader...but you better be the one that works the hardest and everything we've seen from Twitter and the off season work he put in shows he is willing to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT