ADVERTISEMENT

Official Navy Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Blocked FG!!!

I just now turned on the game. Is the defense playing better or Navy run game just struggling?

Blocked FG!!!

I just now turned on the game. Is the defense playing better or Navy run game just struggling?
Defense is playing better and more disciplined. Navy hasn’t tried a pass yet. The grunts up front for us are really pushing everything out and back and we’re getting good pursuit from our CBs. If we tackled better than Navy wouldn’t have the yards they do. And McKinley blocked their FG try.

Chad is keeping the ball at the right times and exploiting Navy’s clogging the middle.

And we’ve just created a turnover.

Some missed tackles and assignments by Navy on President iso runs led to long runs for him on back to back drives.

Otherwise, offense looks the same. Brewer stuff on the goal line.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Crowd looks better than past weeks on TV.

Offense better so far. Need to complete passes.

Defense seems more focused. Hope Bunch is ok.

Is it just me, or was Chad's 70 yard run a sure TD if he has some awareness of a guy to his right? It looked like he had no idea the defender was there...

Another 3 and out horrible deep throw. Short run. Poor throw to a receiver who was no where near the line to move the chains. We need a QB who can throw. Our defense is making stops and our offense isn't capitalizing nearly enough.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Our D has played extremely disciplined today. The catch you by surprise passes haven’t been there today. Our DBs have been all over them

I was never a fan of President Carter back in the 70’s. This combo isn’t inspiring nostalgia ...

if we’re only going to run the ball let’s use the wishbone.

Defense is playing better and more disciplined. Navy hasn’t tried a pass yet. The grunts up front for us are really pushing everything out and back and we’re getting good pursuit from our CBs. If we tackled better than Navy wouldn’t have the yards they do. And McKinley blocked their FG try.

Chad is keeping the ball at the right times and exploiting Navy’s clogging the middle.

And we’ve just created a turnover.
Actually it was Robinson that blocked the kick. I thought it was Whitfield initially as with this font 5 and 9 look a lot alike.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Is it just me, or was Chad's 70 yard run a sure TD if he has some awareness of a guy to his right? It looked like he had no idea the defender was there...
There was a blocker there but he missed the block.

Skipper time. None of our WRs can create separation, and if they do they either can’t catch or the QB can’t throw the ball to them. The OL is getting no push.

I’d take the last 27 seconds and put Skipper in to sling the ball some and see if you can get something out of it with 3 TOs

Reactions: TUGrad06
What a useless coaching staff. Chad must have dirt on Monty. He and Bill must've been separated at birth. Boneheaded and stubborn.

We could very plausibly be up 3 TD's if we had a QB that could extend drives with his arm. There wouldn't have been any time for Navy to score that last TD. Stupid. If we lose today I'm calling it a season.

The early success was based on Navy mistakes, both forced and unforced. They’ve solved those issues.

It’s gonna take 38 points to win this game, minimum. I’m not sure that TU can get there.

Reactions: JesseTU
There was a blocker there but he missed the block.
Watch it again, he literally runs into the defender and never sees him. Hobbs was there yes, but he outran Hobbs b/c Hobbs is slow considering both the defender and Chad out ran him.

We could very plausibly be up 3 TD's if we had a QB that could extend drives with his arm. There wouldn't have been any time for Navy to score that last TD. Stupid. If we lose today I'm calling it a season.
Agreed. And i'll be here to call for Skipper every game.

The gashing has begun. Looked good the first period. After that, not so much. Hopefully we can pull it together at the half.

The early success was based on Navy mistakes, both forced and unforced. They’ve solved those issues.

It’s gonna take 38 points to win this game, minimum. I’m not sure that TU can get there.

Can't argue with a single thing Huff posted. Worried our D gets tired in the second half.

Reactions: HuffyCane
TU will get pounded in the second half. Need some reasonable versatility at the QB position next year.

2-10.
Wouldn't it be weird if we had some sitting on the bench? If it's true that Chad is so much better than any other QB we have, we will have 2 win seasons the next few years unless we recruit an actual QB.

Honest question, have you ever enjoyed watching our team play?
Yep, Paul and David were amazingly fun to watch. Got frustrated sometimes watching GJ, but overall he was a fun guy to watch. Dane was clearly good, compared to what we have now, but I still stand by my statements that he was inaccurate on short and medium throws, threw way too hard sometimes, and didn't have touch except for long bombs. But in hindsight, he was Tom Brady compared to the pile of dung we have now.

Regarding the defense...nope, I've rarely if ever enjoyed watching our defense, except that one play against ND with the INT in the endzone to seal it. That was pretty awesome. But our defense has been such a joke for so long, I don't remember the last time it was even decent.

Halftime grades -

Defense B-
Several nice stops, along with strip and fumble recovery. Allowed two scores in first half after Navy figured things out.

Offense C-
First couple of series were great, if you like a rushing offense. Or rather, watching President break free for a long run. Need more passing.

Special teams B
Nice field goal blocked to stop an early Navy drive.

This isn’t on the D. President broke a couple huge runs otherwise we haven’t done diddly.

I have to agree with Aston (ugh) that we need to start throwing the ball to loosen the box otherwise we might not gain another 1st down

Suppose I'm the only who believes the play of our receivers are almost as much to blame for our lackluster passing attack as our QB?
Stokes ran back a kick. If the redshirt is burned, let’s see what he can do. I’m done watching Carter finish plays either looking at his hands or standing on the sidelines nodding at Monty while it is obvious they are going over basic communication and route running.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Yep, Paul and David were amazingly fun to watch. Got frustrated sometimes watching GJ, but overall he was a fun guy to watch. Dane was clearly good, compared to what we have now, but I still stand by my statements that he was inaccurate on short and medium throws, threw way too hard sometimes, and didn't have touch except for long bombs. But in hindsight, he was Tom Brady compared to the pile of dung we have now.

Regarding the defense...nope, I've rarely if ever enjoyed watching our defense, except that one play against ND with the INT in the endzone to seal it. That was pretty awesome. But our defense has been such a joke for so long, I don't remember the last time it was even decent.
BS changeup on the rehash.

I'm just saying man, this team clearly isn't as good as we'd like but I'm at the game having fun watching us play a good physical game with Navy. It is tied you know

Our season is on the line this 2nd half... Win.. we could go to a bowl
Lose... Won't be 5k here next game

We're going to mix in a few surprise plays in the 2nd half to have a chance. Maybe a throw to #6 Minter down the #s, a WR reverse & President keeping it on the read option a few times.

I'm just saying man, this team clearly isn't as good as we'd like but I'm at the game having fun watching us play a good physical game with Navy. It is tied you know
Yeah, I guess I just have no confidence in our ability to do anything with this team. I remember when it was Paul and David, I was telling everyone I knew to watch Tulsa on ESPN when we were playing to watch us light it up. Now when people see me after one of our games, they just ask wth has happened to Tulsa, and all I can do is say we're terrible and have very little talent and hopefully we get better at some point soon.

One of my surgeons actually asked about Tulsa for his daughter, and I told him I loved the campus and my experience, then he asked about if the sports scene is good and if the students really get into it and...well, I couldn't recommend it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT