ADVERTISEMENT

Official Navy Game Thread

Only thing worse than our play calling today is the music in the stadium.

Bring Bill back as a recruiter and get a coach with some Balls to make position changes.

I did not hire him... that said, I give plenty.
I do think everyone will be counting the days when this guy is gone. He's a silly coach --- Mr. Offense, with no clue in other areas, and really poor recruiter.

Tulsa B Tulsa. It's our lot in life...

Reactions: Tulsa76
We flat out suck on both sides of the ball. Our OL is not quite as good as we want to believe if we can’t gain a freaking yard on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and 1.

Our DL is non-existent.

Missing Brubaker & Shindelar today. I'm more disappointed in our offense than our defense today.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Time of possession - Navy 34 min, Tulsa 17 min. Unless you're offense is scoring like crazy with quick strikes, you can't do that to any defense and expect them to hold up.

Monty went 10-3 w unbelievable college talent at the skill positions. Our defense and special teams were bad.

This is JP year 3...

I did not hire him... that said, I give plenty.
I do think everyone will be counting the days when this guy is gone. He's a silly coach --- Mr. Offense, with no clue in other areas, and really poor recruiter.

Tulsa B Tulsa. It's our lot in life...

It'll be interesting to see. Remember the Graham Cracker had a bad year and realized his error and corrected. He had a stronger survival instinct than stubborn instinct. Bill and Dougie the Shoes had bad years but were too stubborn to adjust. Which will Monty be? I'm hoping the first.

On the Graham point, watching ASU get beaten by a down Stanford team.

The amount of money it would take to fire Monty at the end of this season would be enough to endow the return of baseball for two seasons and fund the rowing team for next year.

So that’s just not going to happen, OK?

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU_BLA
BB did well with TG’s recruits but couldn’t do anything with his own. PM did well with BB’s recruits, but isn’t doing well with his own. We’ve fallen a long way from where we were 10 years ago.

Reactions: Tulsa76
Unfortunately...

I will be right on this and Tulsa is delaying the inevitable. It sucks. But, welcome to crappy football for another 2-3 years.

Focus on Basketball I suppose.

Reactions: TUGrad06
President just has so little awareness as a QB. He throws these underneath routes when it's 3rd and 4th down and we HAVE to move the chains. It's like he doesn't even realize down and distance. He got bailed out on a couple of bad throws with PI calls. I don't care who they want throwing the football the rest of the season as long as it's not him.

Wouldn't that have been an awesome opportunity to see if we have a passing QB in our stable? Down by 10 with 5 minutes left in passing situations? But Monty stayed with the D3 QB. Well played coach, well played.

I'm not sure a fan base that can't bring more than 18000 per game during.a ten win season can complain about the product this year. At least not talk about a firing

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
President just has so little awareness as a QB. He throws these underneath routes when it's 3rd and 4th down and we HAVE to move the chains. It's like he doesn't even realize down and distance. He got bailed out on a couple of bad throws with PI calls. I don't care who they want throwing the football the rest of the season as long as it's not him.

This is pretty accurate. I've noticed this all year. He's not a good qb. He needs to be a wide receiver.

Monty...
4th and 1 at our own 30...
4th and 10 and doesn't go for the FG...
Idiot
Two score game and you don’t have your kicker at least try a 50 yarder...and he has the leg for it.

And the Monty pissed me off calling 2 time outs in the last minute down 2 scores. WTF!!!!

The football gods were looking down... and saying "NOT GONNA HAPPEN." deangelo fumbled because he felt FORCED because he knew the situation.

You do NOT go for it on 4th down in own territory. Or, you at least QB sneak UNDER CENTER!!!!!!!!!!! But Tulsa can't do that because Tulsa doesn't know that formation because it is poorly poorly coached.

Unfortunately...

I will be right on this and Tulsa is delaying the inevitable. It sucks. But, welcome to crappy football for another 2-3 years.

Focus on Basketball I suppose.
I'm with you. I've seen all I need to. The same terrible defenders play every game no matter what. He doesn't pull those not pulling their weight. The same QB plays every game with the same results. Never makes a change. Chad is bad, that's not Chad's fault, he just is. It's Monty's fault for failing to change things that aren't working. We're effing terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT