ADVERTISEMENT

Official Loyola Game thread.

They just played like 5 minutes, fast paced, without a stoppage.
I think it’s OK to be a little gassed after that.
Just somewhere that could potentially be improved.... (just looking at it as if I was the coach).

High expectations can reap benefits.

Can't complain when you're up by 22 though.

Much better ball movement and player movement in 2nd half. Attacking the rim and penetrating the paint more.

Dalger looks like a 3rd team all conf player
Griffin looks like a 2nd team all conf player
And... the new big looks really solid.

Interesting team. Encouraged.

Just somewhere that could potentially be improved.... (just looking at it as if I was the coach).

High expectations can reap benefits.

Can't complain when you're up by 22 though.
Your high expectations don't reap any benefits for the team.

this team will have to remain a three point shooting team.

Good comment! We don't try very hard to pass it inside....Seems we had rather
drive it inside...45 against Ore.St. in the first half, 55 against Chi.Loyola in the 2nd!
Griffin and Dalger put on a show.....I don't remember a game when we seemed to
get every defensive rebound.....:)

Last edited:
Much better ball movement and player movement in 2nd half. Attacking the rim and penetrating the paint more.

Who are you and what have you done with Original ?

I think we won the paint game.

My favorite aspect of the game was the way we finished. In the last regime we would have tried to ice the game with 8 minutes left and a large but easily surmountable lead. Quickly we would have been in a dog fight and hoping for a last second shot or free throw to win. We kept the pedal to the metal until the 3 minute mark. What a change in philosophy.

Some people have been ragging on Selebangue and he did have an off game for him but I think we’ve already been spoiled because at 9 and 10 he was only a point from a double double.
He did play nearly all the minutes at center lol. I think 10 + 10 is the bare minimum you would expect from roughly 35 minutes at your center spot.

He did play nearly all the minutes at center lol. I think 10 + 10 is the bare minimum you would expect from roughly 35 minutes at your center spot.
If you have been paying attention to his minutes in other games, you would notice he got top 3 or 5 minutes against Oregon St. Then Konkol checked out his advanced stats post game, and realized we generally attack better with him in the game.

Thus he got the most minutes in the Jackson St game AND the Loyola game. I have a feeling he will continue to get something close to the most minutes every game, until Special K heals his injury.

What a game and what a win last night!! Tulsa took away Loyola's will to win in the last 4 or 5 minutes of that game, and it's been a long time since I've seen that from a TU basketball team. Tulsa's man-to-man defense was great and forced a lot of turnovers. This is going to be a huge confidence builder for our guys.

Also, Boise State shouldn't have a basketball team this year. I've never seen a DI basketball teams play so poorly as they did in the first half. If Tulsa can continue to hit their threes and play good defense, Charlotte is in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
It will be interesting to see how the offense flow changes when Special K is back on the floor.

Reactions: loca2874
If you have been paying attention to his minutes in other games, you would notice he got top 3 or 5 minutes against Oregon St. Then Konkol checked out his advanced stats post game, and realized we generally attack better with him in the game.

Thus he got the most minutes in the Jackson St game AND the Loyola game. I have a feeling he will continue to get something close to the most minutes every game, until Special K heals his injury.
Who says I didn’t know that he was getting a bunch of minutes?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT