ADVERTISEMENT

Official Loyola Game thread.

They have seen the tape and are doubling Pritchard every time he touches, leaving a man wide open. ( if AP could find him)

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Turnovers galore, mostly on them. Two quick fouls on Griffin doesn't leave much room for a better game than last game. He will be out a lot.

Loyola defense is good unless we quickly pass it around.

Does sling restrict the video controls all the time I can't rewind and look at a replay! Have to record the game to have the ability to look back.

Last edited:
First time watching...
My eyes hurt.
KES is terrible.
AP is not good.

I like some of the newbies.

Konkol finally calls a TO
Very Haith like waiting too late
Too much reliance on the 3 ball after early success
Deja vu

Not feeling optimistic

Selebangue and Betson have got to talk on screens. It’s driving me nuts how often the two of them miscommunication with each other.

Dalger & Griffin in foul trouble, doesn't look good. Selabangue without a basket!

And... Konkol's coaching is so far... YIKES!!!????!!!!!

Perhaps it's the talent gap. But... yikes!?!?

Valentine on the other end has his kids moving well and executing.

As I’ve said elsewhere we are turn over prone and are terrible at defending ball screens. What do you all see Loyola doing with us? Trapping high on the corners and ball screening us to death.

It’s almost like other coaches watch tape or something. Lol.

Our players are going to learn a lot from these early games.

Pritchard is open on the three for a reason.
He is becoming a liability. Not completely thrilled with our shot choices for much of the half...way too eager to hack up 3s when we can get inside. Again, the effort is there from our guys but the execution needs to be better.

P needs to turn down the 3 and drive inside of the line for a pop
Tie is a good result with Sam out most of the half

Good half except for that 15-0 Loyola run in the middle. For the “play the youngsters” crowd all three freshman have seen extended minutes tonight and we even had two on the floor at the same time. Other than a couple of possessions we’ve played pretty good defense.

Good half except for that 15-0 Loyola run in the middle. For the “play the youngsters” crowd all three freshman have seen extended minutes tonight and we even had two on the floor at the same time. Other than a couple of possessions we’ve played pretty good defense.
I noticed that. A made three and then a blown coverage by Knight to give up a three on the other end. McWright playing a bit out of control, but those are his first minutes. Hopefully he can calm down.

Chukwu moves like a gazelle for a guy of his size. Hasn’t shown any offensive skills to date, but he plays serviceably as a backup defender.

Loca recruited a drunk Aggie to root for TU, it’s been pretty funny.
This a great example of why I love these early-season tournaments!!

When we played in Vegas under Wojcik, I was the drunk Golden Hurricane fan cheering for Wagner.

I also got slapped by Bruce Howard's wife because I wouldn't stop cussing at the refs. Besides the team playing poorly that tournament was a blast.

I hope you and loca have a great time!

We got out rebounded by 4 and shot 36% from the floor so I’m feeling good about being tied at half. We need to pass better and get the ball inside more in the second half. We also need to stop backing out when a shot goes up. Loyola is a half court team, I don’t think they’re that much of a threat to break out so we need to fight for those rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT