ADVERTISEMENT

Houston at Tulsa game thread

This was a year I thiught we had some players. Moore would solve our 3 point issues and Falkoun would help inside with Jeffries and joiner giving us a good base.
I realized after the 3rd game how wrong I was. Our record is only surprising in that we beat KSU

Reactions: Tulsa76
We’re shooting 35% overall and 15% from deep. Not winning numbers.

Such a deficient team

Haith should go because he can’t recruit

Did not see that coming

Thank goodness that was a player control foul so we don’t have to shoot free throws.

We just dug too deep a hole with poor shooting in the first half.

We made some runs but the hole was too deep. Missed layups and free throws, imho, we’re the most egregious of our issues today.

That preseason predictions that said we finish in ninth place I’m thinking it’s dead on

TU was absolutely demolished on the boards today. That is deficiency number one of many.

Such a deficient team

Haith should go because he can’t recruit

Did not see that coming
If you didn’t see that coming then you weren’t paying attention. That was the whole issue at Misery. He won big with the other guy’s players and stunk when it was his guys.

We made some runs but the hole was too deep. Missed layups and free throws, imho, we’re the most egregious of our issues today.
I remember when we were winning close games thinking “finally we solved the free throw problems, that’s the difference between winning and losing these games.” Unfortunately I was wrong on the first point and right on the second.

That has to be a typo. I can’t believe that’s true.

Not a typo.

15-23 from the line, including three missed front ends, didn’t help either. They did call 8 more fouls on Houston, but that doesn’t matter if you can’t hit the freebies.

We offered Hinton and Brooks, Gresham and Jardeau. 0-4.
That’s always been the big problem for TU. 4 and 5 star recruits might consider Tulsa if we had a 5 star famous coach, but that will never happen. So, maybe we should just accept our position in the food chain and enjoy the good plays in the losses and revel in the wins. Every dog has his day and maybe we’ve already had ours (Nolan, Tubby, Self).

That’s always been the big problem for TU. 4 and 5 star recruits might consider Tulsa if we had a 5 star famous coach, but that will never happen. So, maybe we should just accept our position in the food chain and enjoy the good plays in the losses and revel in the wins. Every dog has his day and maybe we’ve already had ours (Nolan, Tubby, Self).

Just gotta find the right guy. We will have our day when again.

Just gotta find the right guy. We will have our day when again.
You are right, it’s just that us of the baby boomer generation may not live to see it. At least we can revel in our memories of the great seasons and victories of the past! I’m depressed because I don’t think we can even make the CBI this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT