ADVERTISEMENT

Houston at Tulsa game thread

Decent start considering the cold shooting. Really good defense the last few possessions.

Houston plays hard and has good hands, we have to match that energy. Houston is not shooting well early thank goodness but neither are we.

Defense keeping us in this. So far 4 steals and 8 points off turnovers for the good guys.

Except for Jeffries I’d take any of Houston’s top 10

Except for Jeffries I’d take any of Houston’s top 10
Agree. Their top 10 is better than everyone on Tulsa except Jeffries. Jeffries would be a solid 6 man for Houston.

Tulsa kind of sucks. Haith gets the most out of his crapo recruiting.

We’re missing twos and they’re hitting threes. That’s not a good combo.

Jackson wide open for three and everybody around me yelling don’t shoot. He does anyway and air ball. 0-11 now this year from three and 0-7 from free throw line.

They’re not shooting that great a percentage from deep, just under 30%, but they are shooting a high volume. They have shot 24 threes in that first half.

When you get out rebounded to 30 to 12 in the first half you sure as hell don’t deserve to win a basketball game

Would it be an idea that maybe we get out of our crappy zone transition defense and defend a three point shooter for a little while?

Down 16 at half?...

If we lose this by 20 plus, I dont think even Huffys "people that matter" are going to save Haiths job...

Houston is really good. They will make noise in the tourney this year. We just don’t have the guns to compete.

Year 5 for Haith. It’s around the same year for Sampson at Houston.

Polarizing trajectories.

Clancy - Do something.

both teams have made 9 shots inside the arc, the difference in the game is 5 more three pointers and an extra made free throw.

We’ve actually been getting out on the shooters pretty good, thus the low percentage, but when you shoot that many a bunch are going to fall. They’re on pace to shoot almost 50 threes for the game and if our interior defense continues to frustrate them then they might. What’s really hurt us is the number of easy twos we’ve missed.

Houston is really good. Also these refs are douchebags. Both can be possible and today they are a reality.

Taplin’s shot looks horrible today. Even his free throws are flat.

I’m ready for us to compete with the teams we used to compete with.

Ready for a change...not sure if there’s a downside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT