ADVERTISEMENT

Central Arkansas Game Thread

So every game are we gonna get our turnovers all in the first half, and then stop 2nd half?

Last edited:
Reed a little too slow to stop a quicker big.

A 17 point win on a night where we didn't shoot it well from deep, we turned the ball over way too much, and we didn't play great interior defense..... 4 guys in double figures. Understated but quality night for Isaiah Barnes. 3 freshman showing they deserve floor time.

We might have something here boys!

The best teams find a way to win ugly when they need to.

Happy for Konkol because it looks like he will improve this season from last.

1-0!!! 5 wins away from exceeding last year!

The guys clearly need time to gel, and this may change playing tougher competition, but at least tonight they each seemed much more team oriented than the team did last year. That will be huge, I really like having a graduate transfer in Cobe leading the team on the court. Something we definitely did not have last year.

Reeds final stats, 8 points and 6 boards and he didn’t miss a shot from the field. We had 4 guys in double figures. They only credited Carlous with one three pointer but I could swear he made two.

Reactions: TU83
Kind of off topic , but this is why you need to give coaches 2 or 3 seasons before you can grade them too much , totally different team and attitude , that’s why I’m not sold that KW won’t be successful yet

Kind of off topic , but this is why you need to give coaches 2 or 3 seasons before you can grade them too much , totally different team and attitude , that’s why I’m not sold that KW won’t be successful yet
It's a lot easier to replace 11 players than it is 30+ players.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Reeds final stats, 8 points and 6 boards and he didn’t miss a shot from the field. We had 4 guys in double figures. They only credited Carlous with one three pointer but I could swear he made two.
He better stop shooting now for sake of his FG & FT percentages. It can only go down from here! haha

Everybody was almost as down on Konkol last season. Wilson was second to have a bad season, so everybody is harder on him. You never want to follow a coaches bad season with a bad season of your own. Nobody even thinks much about their external motivations for being hard on a coach. It doesn't happen in a vacuum. And that gets affected by the crowd(board) as well.

Reactions: TULSARISING
We cut our 1st half turnovers by something like 70% in the exhibition, and 50% tonight. We just need to pretend like it's second half when we walk on the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: loca2874
Well only got to see the first 10 min of the game as I had work to do and an election to prepare for. I did see we got a good comfortable win. Too many turnovers in the first half and the shooting need to improve from the line as we shot 70 percent but. They seem to be better than last years squad.

I will get to watch the rest of them. I also was not able to put out the long awaited (sarcasm) GOI that you all have been impatiently waiting on for today and might not tomorrow as I have the election. It will be coming soon to a free board near you

By the time conference ball comes around we have a team that could scare a lot of the squads we are gonna play. Just a matter of how quick we progress.

First conference game up is Memphis.

Would be really sweet to have a knock down drag out with them/or beat them by 40.

Oklahoma State looks terrible. I am still confident that we will beat them this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay
Nah Carlous only made one 3.

Did I miss the Tulsa World write-up on our first game? I'm sure they covered an opening game as they have for 45 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT