ADVERTISEMENT

Central Arkansas Game Thread

I think the guys are trying to make the difficult plays right now rather than being patient and working for the easy play.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
he just looked really raw to me in the short period I saw him , hopefully he makes me eat crow , other then that , I’m impressed so far with our players , I hope they don’t pull another Oregon State though !
If you're talking about Keita..... he's going to double David Wishon's average MPG tonight. Also he already doubled Wishon's average block count hahaha. From what I'm seeing he's infinitely more mobile than Wishon was.... and he's been good at hedging on ball screens and recovering on the post man.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
If you're talking about Keita..... he's going to double David Wishon's average MPG tonight. Also he already doubled Wishon's average block count hahaha. From what I'm seeing he's infinitely more mobile than Wishon was.... and he's been good at hedging on ball screens and recovering on the post man.
Yes , that’s his name ! I can’t keep up with all of these new names ! He definitely looks the part , I would just like to see him become a scoring threat

ESPN’s scoreboard at the bottom of the screen disappeared after a few minutes so now we have to guess. Pooh is being a homer for Central Ark.

We really need Willis to get healthy. The lack of shooting / spacing is killing us with this zone.

Thoughts at half.... really need to see more from the starters. Barnes and Garcia have been quiet overall. Reed has been nonexistent at best and a liability at worst. Haggerty needs to take better shots.

Bright spots: Cobe's offense and hustle. Keita's defense / rebounding. Archie much farther along than I would expect for a lightly recruited freshman.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Winning the tennis battle 20-12 and FT at 7-9 vs 0-0.

Other stats at half.

Stat FU-UCA
Steals 6-5
Blocks 2-4
Assists 5-6
Turnovers: 12-9
FG 36.7% - 40%
3pt 30.8% - 33.3%

12 turnovers in a half is way too many but we’re rebounding well, 24 to 14 at half. I was surprised to see Garcia leading us with 5 boards, it didn’t look like he was doing much. I’ve really been impressed with the play of Archie so far but Barnes, Haggerty and COBE have all looked really good.

Lack of interior defense will get us down the line this year. Only one very raw rim protector.

I continue to be impressed with Archie. He can shoot, pass and he’s got a quickness that you don’t see a lot.

Reactions: drboobay
Really liking what I'm seeing from the Archie and Keita. Still raw from both, but Keita's already up to 14 minutes and is +7 overall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT