ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. George Mauerman

Oh gosh...what a tremendous man and a great friend of the University. He did my knee surgery many years ago, and lots of other smaller issues with my bad joints. He was always happy to talk TU sports with me. He walked with a pronounced limp from a botched surgery of his own in his youth, which is one of the reasons he became an orthopedic surgeon. He will be missed on the sidelines.

Reactions: TUMU and TU1NNJ
What a great man I sat by him at some of the basketball practices I went to knew a lot about the players will be missed.

Reactions: TUMU and TU1NNJ
Sorry to hear this news. That's two EOOC legends in a year between he and Larry Egge. Anytime I had an issue, I could call Eggman on his cell phone and he'd get me into see Doc Mauerman with no waiting. It was a nice luxury to have b/c if you've ever seen the EOOC waiting room, no thank you!

After knowing his reputation as an Orthopedic surgeon since I became a nurse, and later my husband and I sitting beside him on the 'back row' at Asbury Church, we are broken-hearted. If he traveled with TU teams and arrived home during the. middle of the night, he still showed up for 8am church. We could count on one hand the number of times he was not at church. He was devoted Christian and encouraged others to attend church. He was devoted to ALL the sports teams at TU and ALL players. No one will deny he was a great man, father, physician, and friend. He was immensely proud of his children and a hard worker. During the last few weeks, he worked diligently on his yard and the trees. Probably working much too hard. He was early to work without a fault. I knew if I wanted to see George at work I could show up around 5:30 or 6:00am and he would be there reading the paper. He was an inspiration and a legend in Tulsa to many. What a GREAT man... What a GREAT loss!! Such sad news.

Really sad to hear this news. Always visited with Dr Mauerman at the football games. In the 70’s he, Dr. White and Dr. Stivers were our team physicians. They all helped me get through some tough injuries. He will be missed greatly.
PS I have been told that without Dr Mauerman’s quick actions the Tulane player would have died due to his broken neck back in the Blankenship era.

Just sat with him a week ago. A marvelous gentleman who loved and lived the University of Tulsa. Probably not a handful of individuals who have put more of their effort into TU over the years....maybe no one...........

Sorry to hear this news. That's two EOOC legends in a year between he and Larry Egge. Anytime I had an issue, I could call Eggman on his cell phone and he'd get me into see Doc Mauerman with no waiting. It was a nice luxury to have b/c if you've ever seen the EOOC waiting room, no thank you!
Plus, the loss of Jake Jorishie, J.V. Haney, and Dale McNamara - LEGENDS ALL !!!

Really sad!!!! RIP he has been a fixture at TU athletics forever!!!!

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT