ADVERTISEMENT

AAC and PAC 4

our immidiate fan base is probably the same, but we have more secondary fans. I lived in dallas for 40 years. nobody cares about smu.

Reactions: TU_BLA
our immidiate fan base is probably the same, but we have more secondary fans. I lived in dallas for 40 years. nobody cares about smu.
No one cares how long you lived in Dallas and no one cares if no one cares about SMU. The only thing I said was that they are in a large market (Dallas/ Fort Worth) and Tulsa is in a small market. Those are facts. So therefore SMU is a more enticing draw than a school who’s best sport right now is men’s soccer.

Well, maybe Dickson can pull a miracle out of his hat. He did spend 6 years at Washington St,, and is very familiar with the PAC Conference. If TU can pull this off, Dickson is the only AD and Carson probably the only President that could ever do this.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
No one cares how long you lived in Dallas and no one cares if no one cares about SMU. The only thing I said was that they are in a large market (Dallas/ Fort Worth) and Tulsa is in a small market. Those are facts. So therefore SMU is a more enticing draw than a school who’s best sport right now is men’s soccer.
but how many of those tvs are tuming in.

"Shittah Silla, Boston College. Broadcasters good luck with that one" 😂😂😂😂
And to think if he lived in our area he could get a NIL sponsorship deal with this furniture store.

6m tvs in big D, 50k watching smu. 1m tvs in tulsa, 50k watching tu
Whats the difference?
I think he's saying market potential, potential eye balls, higher potential for ad revenues, etc. The media partners care more about market potential not percentage of eyeballs.

When SMU plays FSU at home the stadium will be packed and it won't be all SMU alumni either. When SMU plays at FSU, more TV's will be tuned into that game in the Dallas market as opposed to if TU was to play at FSU in the Tulsa market.

SMU will never dominate the Dallas market, but the one thing they can offer that OU, UT, A&M, Baylor, TCU, Tech, or OSU cannot offer the market is access to ACC football and basketball. The casual SMU fan is going to be more engaged with SMU playing major competition every week. I would bet they certainly grow their fanbase by making this move.

Just my .02

TX

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT