ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games of Interest

Look, another guy and I on twitter were literally having a discussion about Griffin's game and his lack of defensive effort after one game. No name calling, no swearing, nothing...then he sends me that. That's weak in my opinion and the reason I feel how I feel.
Griffin did the same damn thing to me lol all I said if he put time into the defensive end like he does on the offensive end he'd be really good player and not just average and I think he took that as me calling him terrible so he sends me a dm saying I know nothing of the game and was telling me to pull up as in "fight me" I hope he has a terrible year and i hope his home fans boo him 🤷 that's how I feel about him.

Reactions: dougheffking
Interesting quote from Griffin:

“When I went to Tulsa to play for (former coach) Frank Haith, I was supposed to play point guard,” Griffin said. That’s why I went to Tulsa, to play point guard, because I can score really well, and I was the best scorer on the team probably, but he put me at the No. 2. I was like, ‘Man, I can pass.’

“I was stuck playing the two, and you can’t transfer again (until you graduate). By that time, Frank Haith had left and went to Memphis. I was like, ‘Man, I have to pretty much stay here until I graduate.’ I was playing the two the second year, so when I graduated, I knew I had to get back to playing the one, because that’s my position, but people don’t know that, because, when I was with Frank Haith, I got stuck playing the two."

“When I went to Tulsa to play for (former coach) Frank Haith, I was supposed to play point guard,” Griffin said. That’s why I went to Tulsa, to play point guard, because I can score really well, and I was the best scorer on the team probably, but he put me at the No. 2. I was like, ‘Man, I can pass.’

“I was stuck playing the two, and you can’t transfer again (until you graduate). By that time, Frank Haith had left and went to Memphis. I was like, ‘Man, I have to pretty much stay here until I graduate.’ I was playing the two the second year, so when I graduated, I knew I had to get back to playing the one, because that’s my position, but people don’t know that, because, when I was with Frank Haith, I got stuck playing the two."

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That’s very surprising to me. I think Griffin’s best position is the 2. I didn’t see him as a point guard at all. I don’t recall many times when he created shots for other players. He seemed to be a shoot-first player.

That’s very surprising to me. I think Griffin’s best position is the 2. I didn’t see him as a point guard at all. I don’t recall many times when he created shots for other players. He seemed to be a shoot-first player.
He's a player full of excuses and not a winning player. Who cares.

When he made the three in the early game and taunted the opposing bench did it for me. I'm surprised Konkol was as lenient with him as he was and also with Gaston-Chapman who was in altercations periodically.
Now see, I didn’t hold that against him because the guys on that other team were down on our end during warmups talking :crap: to our player and their coaches did nothing about it, the refs finally made them move to their end of the court. If I had been Sam I would probably have done the same thing.

Now see, I didn’t hold that against him because the guys on that other team were down on our end during warmups talking :crap: to our player and their coaches did nothing about it, the refs finally made them move to their end of the court. If I had been Sam I would probably have done the same thing.
Can't let trash talking from the other team get to you. That's what they want.

Reactions: drboobay
I know we’re working on building attendance, but the mighty big east doesn’t really have much on us…

I was looking up how Kiree Huie was doing at Idaho State and noticed their listed attendance was 292. Now that one’s believable.

• Wow
Reactions: cmullinsTU
4 points, 6 rebounds in 18 minutes for Selebangue in a 15-point loss to Miss St.

Boone twins forced to watch from the bench as UNLV loses 85-71 as a 20-point favorite to Southern.

Wow Southern over UNLV
That along with the Michigan State and OSU Stillwater home losses are the most surprising

4 points, 6 rebounds in 18 minutes for Selebangue in a 15-point loss to Miss St.

Boone twins forced to watch from the bench as UNLV loses 85-71 as a 20-point favorite to Southern.
Selabangue had about the same minutes as the #7 & 8 reserves. Had 6th most minutes. He was the leader for total rebounds. So he's still rebounding well, but didn't do much else. He played 2/3's of the minutes of the lead forward who was scoring leader at 13. He would have had 9 rebounds if he got the minutes of the lead F.

I know we’re working on building attendance, but the mighty big east doesn’t really have much on us…

14k undergrad population too...in the 3rd largest city in the country. I know we have issues but I'm betting our attendance/ticket's sold figure is at least nearing 50% of the DonRey's capacity. And maybe Konkol should schedule them.

We still are staying close to even on that.
They reference St. John's and Georgetown. Not sure what Georgetown did other than probably fire Patrick Ewing. Ed Cooley is a great f***ing coach. GREAT. My guess is he'll have Georgetown closer to the old John Thompson days vs the John Thompson III days. And St. John's hired Pitino. They played their 1st game vs Stony Brook in the on campus gym, not MSG, and it was packed. Probably a really good hire for St. John's although the risk of being on probation by the end of his tenure there is high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT