ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games of Interest

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Pritchard(11) led Central Michigan in scoring against OU. OU beat them by 30.

Gaston Chapmon played for 2 minutes with UT Arlington while they beat ORU by 4.

BB Knight(19) led Lamar in scoring as they trounced Jarvis Christian. He played off the bench for 19 min.(Nobody cares bout Lamar)

Special K Started for Monmouth, but split minutes with several other players. (17 min.) He didn't score any points, but tied for the lead in rebounding(2/3: 5) in a losing effort for Monmouth against George Mason.

Last edited:
OSU has six freshmen among their top ten players. Looking more and more like a winnable game for TU. Boynton is one of the worst Xs and Os coach in the country.
I truly can't believe they kept him. OSU fans are sick and tired of him from everyone I've talked to.

Also, Bryce Thompson's quote of going to daddy after the game to fix his issues? Wow...glad he's not at TU now.

OSU has six freshmen among their top ten players. Looking more and more like a winnable game for TU. Boynton is one of the worst Xs and Os coach in the country.
And I'm not giving OSU and credit for having 6 FR. TU has 10 players who weren't at the school last year out of their 11 scholarship players.

And I'm not giving OSU and credit for having 6 FR. TU has 10 players who weren't at the school last year out of their 11 scholarship players.
TU has a senior backcourt who has played together for years. Which is a significant reason TU will be substantially better this year than last. TU also has a competent head coach

Reactions: dougheffking
TU has a senior backcourt who has played together for years. Which is a significant reason TU will be substantially better this year than last. TU also has a competent head coach
For the first time in a long time I have hope. I truly believe he's going to bring us back...call me naive!

Incarnate Word has one of the best players we will see. Sky Wicks Had 26 points and 11 rebounds against Texas. 6’6” guard. COBE may have to cover him with his defensive skills.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Incarnate Word has one of the best players we will see. Sky Wicks Had 26 points and 11 rebounds against Texas. 6’6” guard. COBE may have to cover him with his defensive skills.
He’s a nice player. I would point out IWU was down 48-17 at halftime and ended up losing by 32. They aren’t very good.

Christian Shumate also had 18 and 13 in an upset win over VCU. That McNeese team has potential to be sneaky good this year.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
We aren't Texas though. I doubt it will be a 32 point rout. I'd say if we beat them by around the same margin as C Arkansas it will have been a good game for us.
I believe Texas had three starters out as well. I think Central Arkansas may be better than IW...They had some decent transfers and they'll definitely be better than they were last season.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I believe Texas had three starters out as well. I think Central Arkansas may be better than IW...They had some decent transfers and they'll definitely be better than they were last season.
Agree. IW was picked last in the preseason Southland poll. They pretty awful

We did a good job with the schedule it appears. Most of our players will be playing the second full game of their career.

Reactions: TU65alum
C Arkansas' leading scorer from last season was out too. (Cameron Hunter)

Yeah, UIW is pretty bad, but still some interesting storylines for the game. Including Shane Heirman's return to TU as a head coach.

we will applaud Shane then beat his team up

Pritchard(11) led Central Michigan in scoring against OU. OU beat them by 30.

Gaston Chapmon played for 2 minutes with UT Arlington while they beat ORU by 4.

BB Knight(19) led Lamar in scoring as they trounced Jarvis Christian. He played off the bench for 19 min.(Nobody cares bout Lamar)

Special K Started for Monmouth, but split minutes with several other players. (17 min.) He didn't score any points, but tied for the lead in rebounding(2/3: 5) in a losing effort for Monmouth against George Mason.
It's wild to think how different our team is from only a year ago.

Reactions: drboobay
Christian Shumate also had 18 and 13 in an upset win over VCU. That McNeese team has potential to be sneaky good this year.

I'm pissed Haith never allowed him to do his thing here.
That dude was crazy athletic. Obvious huge upside…easy to see that, unless you are named Frank. This was when my opinion turned against Haith.

Sam Griffin led Wyoming in a win. 23 pts, 8-9 fgs, 5-5 3-pts, 2-3 fts, 2 rbs, 2 assts, 1 stl, 3 tos.

Brandon Betson Sacramento State in a loss
5 pts, 1-10 fgs, 1-9 3pts, 2-2 fts, 2 rbs, 4 assts, 1 stl, 3 tos.

Wow! Go Shane and Sam!
Sam was a clown. I will never forget a bunch of TU fans were having a dialogue on twitter about him (no, it wasn't bad or personal) and he personally messaged me threatening to fight me because I had never played college ball in my life. So glad he's not here anymore. 23 points in an opening night win over that school means nothing.

Sam was a clown. I will never forget a bunch of TU fans were having a dialogue on twitter about him (no, it wasn't bad or personal) and he personally messaged me threatening to fight me because I had never played college ball in my life. So glad he's not here anymore. 23 points in an opening night win over that school means nothing.
Likely 23 points and zero defensive effort. He hit the road, which was what needed to happen.

When he made the three in the early game and taunted the opposing bench did it for me. I'm surprised Konkol was as lenient with him as he was and also with Gaston-Chapman who was in altercations periodically.

GD…
Didn’t expect backlash for being happy for some former players having success.
JFC
A former player on a 5 win team doesn't move the needle here. Davis Brin I'm happy for as he contributed to a decent amount of success....Griffin? Nah.

A former player on a 5 win team doesn't move the needle here. Davis Brin I'm happy for as he contributed to a decent amount of success....Griffin? Nah.
“Here” from a guy who has been here 18 months. Gee, thanks needle.
Can’t believe you were surprised dude wanted to fight the way you are behind a keyboard.

“Here” from a guy who has been here 18 months. Gee, thanks needle.
Can’t believe you were surprised dude wanted to fight the way you are behind a keyboard.
I've been a TU fan and going to games since I was about 5, so don't give me that BS. Weird defending Griffin though.

No hard feelings toward any of the castoffs. They committed to play for a different coach. Konkol wanted his own players and they were “encouraged” to leave. To my knowledge they left the right way with no disparaging remarks. All parties are now in a better place. Win win

I've been a TU fan and going to games since I was about 5, so don't give me that BS. Weird defending Griffin though.
Good for you since 5. These boards have been around around 25 years is my point.
Not defending dude.either. Just surprised you were surprised, as I said.
Do even read the posts you respond to or just find the most antagonizing thing you can think of based upon a glance?

Good for you since 5. These boards have been around around 25 years is my point.
Not defending dude.either. Just surprised you were surprised, as I said.
Do even read the posts you respond to or just find the most antagonizing thing you can think of based upon a glance?
Look, another guy and I on twitter were literally having a discussion about Griffin's game and his lack of defensive effort after one game. No name calling, no swearing, nothing...then he sends me that. That's weak in my opinion and the reason I feel how I feel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT