ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else stoked for the Women's World Cup??

How about these: ;)

b_Fichaje_b_Carl_English.jpg

8c3949cddf1a737ebc3fca12dcc0d7c5.jpg

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
It was nice to see the team progress throughout the game. They had a poor start but really increased the intensity in the second half. Crazy that Abby missed both those headers. Nice to see Alex Morgan get a few minutes and get back in the flow. Rapinoe is a boss.

I thought Tobin Heath really controlled the game when she came in. Certainly wasn't their best performance, but it's one to build on, and they got 3 points to lead the group.

I'm a Krieger fan too, @Li'l Eric Coley

This team has regressed tactically. They are not playing well and have not been playing well for well over a year. Firing the coach did not help and his technical ability is sorely needed. The Germans are beasts and will feast on all the space in the midfield. Forwards didnt play together well. There may be nothing left in the tank for Wambach. But it was an opening match, so we will see where it goes. The communication has to improve. The team looks like it is divided out there between the old veterans and a core group of younger players. Heath looked great because players actually started to try and find space when she was on the ball. When others touched it, particularly Rapinoe, we didnt see that type of movement and it led to a lot of turnovers. The punt and pray tactics of the first 30 minutes have to end.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
I'm certainly pulling for ladies ntl. team, BUT-How about the US Men's team in the last 5 days!!!!! They only beat the 6th ranked Dutch in Amsterdam & today, knocked off the world champion & #1 ranked Germans in Cologne. Wow, wow, wow!!!. I've been very worried about this team for the 2018 WC but Klinsman has them playing fantastic right now. The new guys he has coming in have really performed. Such as a kid named Bobby Wood who simply scores the game winner against the Dutch & the Germans. Alan Gordon & Jordan Morris played great-where did Klinsman find them? No Dempsey, no Altidore, no problem!

The way this team is playing the CONCACAF Gold Cup isn't a lock-but don't be surprised if the USA blows through the competition & hoists that cup. I think it starts in early July. USA!USA!USA!.............. Btw, the US Men's under 21 just made the quarters in their World Cup in New Zealand. Man, it's fat city for USA national futball teams.

tonight the referee calls fouls in the midfield but they can do anything in the penalty box.

I was excited going in as I would watch the USA play checkers if it was being televised. However, I've been disappointed with the quality of play of the U.S. side as well as most of the other teams. Anyone know what's going on with our program?

Could it be that some of our players are just getting older? That is a question, not a statement.

I knew after playing Australia that we would get to the knockout stages, however your right the talent level has regressed from what it was. They will win another game maybe 2. This team is not poised to take the cup. Germany however is looking pretty good

I re-watched the Sweden game a second time, and there were a lot of positives there. The US hasn't played up to its potential, but they outplayed Sweden and had way more chances. That defender, #5, for Sweden was holding in the box all game. She drug down Press and Morgan, and had a possible hand ball in the box. It was a physical game, and the US played poorly in stretches, but they got better as the game wore on.

I haven't watched the Nigeria game yet, but it sounded very physical. Glad Abby got on the board.

Not meant to be a spoiler
/
/
/
If we had had the referee from last night in the game with Sweden, there would have been a lot of PK's. She called what she saw.

Reactions: loca2874
Interesting game last night. Not all that often that you see a red card to a goalkeeper. The team still isn't running that smoothly. Alex Morgan is getting back to speed and plays better with every game now. The games will get tougher.

Enjoying watching this team hold opponents scoreless. Next game is a better test.

Reactions: TUMe
How could the referee not see that full Nelson takedown in the penalty box?

The England vs Germany game was excellent. Still some poor officiating but it was a very intense game. WTG LIONESSES!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT