ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson Injury

mmckell

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2016
So, Bryce Thompson took a really bad fall during the opening minutes of the OSU vs KU game tonight. Did anyone else see it?

Hope he is okay. They are having a tough season over there.

Pritchard likely out with the same sort of injury for Central Michigan. He’s been having a great year for the Chips.

100% out for the remainder of the season. I've had this surgery combined with a rotator cuff repair. My recovery was 6 months before I was allowed to do anything athletic not specifically prescribed as part of my rehab. No swinging a golf club or bat. I don't know if it's his shooting arm/shoulder, but I would guess 2 months minimum...and I don't see OKState playing beyond the 2nd week of March.

100% out for the remainder of the season. I've had this surgery combined with a rotator cuff repair. My recovery was 6 months before I was allowed to do anything athletic not specifically prescribed as part of my rehab. No swinging a golf club or bat. I don't know if it's his shooting arm/shoulder, but I would guess 2 months minimum...and I don't see OKState playing beyond the 2nd week of March.
OkState will be looking for a new coach the second week of March.

I predict Bryce redshirts all of next year plays his final season at TU. New coach at OSU probably will over recruit him. He will get his Master's from TU

Despite it being hard to cheer for a legacy who picked another school, I would never wish an injury on anyone. I hope he recovers well.
Right. I’m not a fan of his choice to pass us up, but never want to see a kid get hurt. At the end of the day, it’s just a game. Hopefully he’s alright.

Reactions: drboobay
So, I've started gearing the Doug Gottlieb push again. Is this the year OSU finally brings the guy who couldn't hit a FT to save his own life back?
I can’t imagine they would make that hire but nothing really surprises me anymore in college athletics.

Right. I’m not a fan of his choice to pass us up, but never want to see a kid get hurt. At the end of the day, it’s just a game. Hopefully he’s alright.
He's fine, it's just a labrum injury. It still doesn't sit right with me how he rubbed it in our face that he didn't pick TU....he's been a massive bust.

Reactions: drboobay
He's fine, it's just a labrum injury. It still doesn't sit right with me how he rubbed it in our face that he didn't pick TU....he's been a massive bust.
Fine on the 2nd part. "Just a labrum" injury is where I take offense. Basically the equivalent of damaging the meniscus in your knee. If you've done either of them you know it's extremely painful to try and function normally. Tear a labrum and try to raise your arm up without discomfort. Let alone trying to play basketball at a high level.

Fine on the 2nd part. "Just a labrum" injury is where I take offense. Basically the equivalent of damaging the meniscus in your knee. If you've done either of them you know it's extremely painful to try and function normally. Tear a labrum and try to raise your arm up without discomfort. Let alone trying to play basketball at a high level.
That's fair.

Bryce is a decent mid level D1 player. Nothing more nothing less. He’s a kid who the recruiting services and coaches missed on in their evaluation. He simply lacks the athletic ability to be a high level player at the D1 level imo. That said….he’s been a model student athlete and appears to be a very good person. Things which will serve him well in his post basketball life.

Reactions: dougheffking
He was expected to be a one and done since he was a five star McDonald’s All - American. But Self quickly saw he was too slow and too mechanical after shooting 500 shots a day. I think Rod knew this all along but was nice enough not to stand in front of a kid’s dream. Bryce still thought he was a MVP candidate at OSU , again bypassing TU where Rod was revered. He is now looking at a college coaching position or maybe a pharmaceutical job. The injuries played a part but over expectations is many times deadly for young kids.

Reactions: dougheffking
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT