ADVERTISEMENT

This will be close

Oct 23, 2011
I knew CPM would have the TU offense clicking, just not this quickly. Our secondary is experienced as King says but we have been susceptible to long pass plays and breakdowns thus far. That will have to be kept to an absolutely minimum or our DBs will be reading the back your receiver's jerseys. And yes, your receiver corp is the best we will see this year. That being said I think your defense will also have its hands full. Make no mistake, this will be tough and close and I am certain CTH will make certain Houston does not overlook TU. I think it comes down to who turns the ball over (or doesn't). To that end I hope we can continue forcing turnovers at a 2+ per game ratio. Could be another 2009 type game. Unfortunately we likely can't kick a 51 yard field goal to win it.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Could be another 2009 type game. Unfortunately we likely can't kick a 51 yard field goal to win it.

That game in 2009 was one of the more heartbreaking defeats in recent memory. One of the best kicks I've ever seen, too. Would have been good from 65.

Good assessment of what this game will come down to. TU has been pretty good about taking care of the ball outside of the FAU game. 1 muffed punt against UNM and ZERO TOs vs Oklahoma. To be honest, I have only caught the very tail end of Houston's game vs. Louisville. D looked OK but I also don't think the 'Ville is anything special this year. This will be the first true test of UH's D IMO. I unfortunately will be spending the day at youth soccer games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT