ADVERTISEMENT

FIFTH ANNUAL BRACKET CHALLENGE

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR!!

The Fifth Annual Bracket Challenge (AKA Win Loca's Money) is upon us. Just like last year there is now a prize involved with this Bracket Challenge. Since there is something of worth available to the winner only, there are some rules with this. These rules are non-negotiable. To be eligible for the prize you must satisfy all of the requirements. I know that I can't make it too secure but I do what I can.

So now what is the Prize? The Prize is worth $10 dollars. This can be done in an electronic payment or a gift card. This is to make it friendly and something to shoot for. I also didn’t take people to raise so it’s a low amount. Lol.

Rules: (These are strictly adhered to)

1. You are only allowed one bracket entry.
2. Your bracket name must be your handle on ITS. IF I cannot find the (@name) then your bracket is ineligible.
3. I will lock entries at 10 am on the first day of the round of 64.
4. The delivery of the prize will be up to the winner. They will have a choice of the following:
a. Sent via VENMO or Zelle only. I don’t Cash App, Apple Pay, or any others.
b. Gift card of your choice but I must be able to do an electronic Gift Card to be sent to
your email address.
c. I will leave this option open if someone has a good idea.

This is a private group for board members.

The Group Name is Hurricane Alley 2023

The password is ReignCane2024 and yes it is case sensitive

Im back to defend my last place finish from last year. Can anyone take my spot on the bottom??? I DONT THINK SO!!! LETS BLAH!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
Im back to defend my last place finish from last year. Can anyone take my spot on the bottom??? I DONT THINK SO!!! LETS BLAH!!!!!
I think I was pretty close to you at the bottom. I won the very first NCAA Bracket game I ever entered (1991, thanks Kansas), and haven't really sniffed the top since.

Can anybody last as long as me by picking Memphis v Connecticut in the championship? I picked upsets left and right after Memphis\UConn. Just lucky that I picked/stayed with San Diego St & FAU for a while. That & Uconn kept me in it. Who knew Uconn, FAU, & San Diego St would be in final four.

• Haha
Remember you have to use your board name to be eligible. No exceptions. We have a rogue name on here

Iowa St just whipped UH 69-41
Watched a little of but was mainly watching the Temple FAU game.
UH with 41 points is shocking but, ISU seemed to have the passing lanes exceptionally well scouted.

• Wow
Will UConn be able to win back to back. They are beating Marquette as bad as Marquette beat whoever last year

Remember you have to use your board name to be eligible. No exceptions. We have a rogue name on here
Yeah, who's that Nevada Natural guy? A guy who drinks Natural Light in Nevada, or a guy who hangs out au naturale on a ranch in Carson City?

• Haha
We have 11 in so far. Come get in the bracket. The first 4 starts tonight but the tournament doesn’t lock until noon on Thursday. You still have time.

Group locks at 11 am. First game is at 11:15 am. Get your picks in. If you are not in then you need to get in. We have 14 so far. We had over 20 last year.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Am I too late to the party? If I have 3 brackets on ESPN will it ask me which one I want to use if I join a group.

I think I figured it out. Where do I send money?
I haven't paid strict attention to how this is being handled this year. But no significant money is involved. Last year @loca2874 donated $10 to the cause, and put that up as prize money. I can't remember properly, but it seems the winner weatherdemon(?) turned down the money, and said keep it. I'm assuming it will happen similarly this year. So be planning your 10 day vacation to the local quick trip or dollar general right away.

There is no hefty pot.(to win or piss in)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Weatherdemon
I haven't paid strict attention to how this is being handled this year. But no significant money is involved. Last year @loca2874 donated $10 to the cause, and put that up as prize money. I can't remember properly, but it seems the winner weatherdemon(?) turned down the money, and said keep it. I'm assuming it will happen similarly this year. So be planning your 10 day vacation to the local quick trip or dollar general right away.

There is no hefty pot.(to win or piss in)
Nope he didn’t turn it down. He got himself a gift card in the email.

@lawpoke87 how in the blue blazes did you decide on Marquette winning this joint? UConn laid the smacketh down on that behind in the BE finals
No doubt. I've got UCONN again. My upset special is St. Mary's making it to the Final Four after knocking UNC out in the Sweet Sixteen.

I picked a lot of big upsets but few small ones so naturally my pick in the first two games are trailing. It may not be one of my best brackets.

2nd game in and my bracket took it's first hit. I'm on my way back to last place! Come catch me suckas!!!!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
No doubt. I've got UCONN again. My upset special is St. Mary's making it to the Final Four after knocking UNC out in the Sweet Sixteen.
I hope you picked Mich St. Dougie has that team playing lights out. Can you believe we fired him? lol. I saw him talking with another assistant and almost got sick to my stomach.

I hope you picked Mich St. Dougie has that team playing lights out. Can you believe we fired him? lol. I saw him talking with another assistant and almost got sick to my stomach.
I did take Michigan State to win the 1st round game. Izzo always seems to get his team to play when it matters most...and remember, Michigan State was a preseason top 10 team. They struggled out of the gate and I think they've struggled to score most of the season but they still play that trademark Izzo defense and can rebound with the best of them. And that's what everyone thought we were getting with Wojcik. And we did for a bit but Wojcik couldn't get the great player on campus and he drove off a good number of players after they were here. And he was a jerk to others in the campus community not in the athletic dept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT