ADVERTISEMENT

Television

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
how is it the NIT game is on real tv but the ncaa game isn't? I don't think TU has been on free tv in California at all this year, unless the AAC quarters were. I look all the time and never see us.

Honestly, the feed is in much better definition online than Trutv for some odd reason

how is it the NIT game is on real tv but the ncaa game isn't? I don't think TU has been on free tv in California at all this year, unless the AAC quarters were. I look all the time and never see us.
When CBS decided to broadcast EVERY game live over the air across the country and teamed up with TBS and TNT, that was when TruTV (formerly Court TV) got involved. Remember, the initial play-in games were broadcast on ESPN and we were stuck with whatever game the local CBS affiliate got during the regular tournament broadcast. The TruTV deal for the "First Four" now keeps it in the CBS/TBS family (remember, TBS is broadcasting this year's Final Four, not CBS). Honestly, I didn't notice a difference watching any of the first four games in production value. We got the same CBS/TBS production, same studio show as always, same commercials, and a CBS team of announcers (BTW, Gminski knows his stuff). You can also get all of the games on the NCAA app and online. I usually have my phone, iPad, and work computer going on the Thursday/Friday of the 2nd round and maximize the watching ability. CBS and the NCAA have also masterfully created a schedule where you can watch the last 10 minutes of close games and not feel like you're missing the ending of another game. It's a basketball junkie's dream!

Reactions: nevadanatural
Absolutely right. Living in Nevada I always got whatever Pac-10 team was playing. I don't care about the Pac so I had to load up the March Madness live app on my computer and watch the games there but I could still only watch one at a time and the games loaded slowly when I switched. In addition, in the early days of the app, it was sometimes overloaded and I had to wait in line to log on. I love the way CBS does it now as I'm watching UNCW scare the crap out of Duke while waiting for UCONN/Colorado.

This is how networks pay such insane dollar amounts for athletic rights. Pro and college.

Us sports fans are forced to pay for a ton of extra channels we only watch for sports...TNT, TBS, TruTV, random espns.

Very little is on straight up CBS, ABC and Fox anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT