ADVERTISEMENT

Season tickets

We have a miserable home game slate. South Florida is our big draw. Arkansas State and SMU are the other two teams that went bowling. Central Arkansas and Arkansas State as our two home out of conference games?:puke:

Then our away games are all tough draws...

Texas
Temple
Houston
Arkansas
Memphis
Navy

All of those should be hard games. Let alone on the road!

But it looks like by the end of September we should have a good read on this team. 1 FCS team, 1 lower level bowl team, Texas, and Temple which should be in the middle of the league.

Sent a friend of mine a link to the new pricing on the athletic site for season football tickets. I took him to a couple of games last season and season before last, and he seemed to really enjoy watching the team. I told him about the general admission for the west side, and he said he was almost convinced and couldn't beat that price for entertainment for his family. So he filled out the information on the TU site for interest in season tickets. He figured they would send him an email detailing the ticket prices and how to buy them.

The point I am taking so long to get to is TU is really on top of it this year. He said the next day(today) they called him up, and asked what they could do for him on getting him information, or letting him purchase tickets over the phone. He purchased season tickets in that section for four over the phone! He said they weren't pushy and said just the right things to entice him to make the decision. So TU is beginning to some of the right things to try and turn this attendance thing around a little bit.

Two sections general admission for a slightly lower price than their bottom dollar end zone tickets might get a few more converts to buy in to TU football, and then maybe even basketball.

I would think close opponents like Kansas, just, tcu, baylor, ok st would be good for attendance.
Those are some good choices as well, didn't we have a choice in 2008 to have Tech come here? That's why I brought it up because it may be a real possibility

TU's goal should be to move $$$ incentive all of the 1000 or so season ticket holders in the end zone to the East Side. Better for atmosphere and TV.

I have personally lobbied the new smart GHC marketing guys to do what they need to do to make the East side less expensive. Maybe they are listening.

At $60 a pop if I knew TU fans that couldn't' afford it, I would buy them tickets. I regularly respond to military or bowl appeals.

If you look at the seating map, they are moving the band and student section to the south end of the east stands. They're sticking the visitors back in the NE corner where the GA tickets are being sold. They've also moved the family fun zone to the west side stands in the SW corner. We're going to keep our end zone tickets...wife likes the extra room and the kids bounce around a bunch so it doesn't bother others who are actually trying to watch the game.

Good first steps though.

Maybe Skip can improve enough by then that we will have a dual qb system to set up.

Who can we get to play us at home that would make our home schedule better?

Off the top of my head, here's a list of possibilities that would likely draw better and appear better on paper (without regard for actual quality of program currently or our chances of winning):

Airforce (playing at FAU)
Iowa State (previous home and home)
Minnesota (played here before)
Army (had a previous home and home)
Wake Forest (playing at Tulane this year)
Indiana (playing at FIU)
BYU (played here before)
Boise State (playing at Troy this year)
Kansas (playing at Central Michigan)

Playing Central Arkansas, Arkansas State, and Arkansas in one year is too much frikken Arkansas for one year. If we could only fit in AR pine-Bluff we could collect them all.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I’m just happy TU is actually trying with this.. that’s a big step for us...

As far as opponents go, I think we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. We need $$$ from buy games, but we also need to attract fans to appealing non-conference matchups. I’m actually ok with playing an FCS team as long as it’s the first game of the season (kind of hard to get excited about a lower level team if you’ve already played decent competition). I do think it should be a goal to get some 1-1 series scheduled with some regional p5 teams outside of OU/osu/ark but that’s a steep hill to climb. Especially with the financial situation we’re in.

Anywho - there isn’t much anyone outside of the AD’s office can do about who we play in the non-conference, so I’ll be there regardless, cheering on my team. I’m there to see TU, not who they’re playing.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
If you look at the seating map, they are moving the band and student section to the south end of the east stands. They're sticking the visitors back in the NE corner where the GA tickets are being sold. They've also moved the family fun zone to the west side stands in the SW corner. We're going to keep our end zone tickets...wife likes the extra room and the kids bounce around a bunch so it doesn't bother others who are actually trying to watch the game.

Good first steps though.

I love that they're moving the band and the student section back to where they were. This was a suggestion I made during the end-of-season questionnaire. Maybe they're finally listening to suggestions from the fans!

Need some sort of canvas sun shade over the entire east side, or just give up on day games until the 3rd week in October. It's brutal.

Off the top of my head, here's a list of possibilities that would likely draw better and appear better on paper (without regard for actual quality of program currently or our chances of winning):

Airforce (playing at FAU)
Iowa State (previous home and home)
Minnesota (played here before)
Army (had a previous home and home)
Wake Forest (playing at Tulane this year)
Indiana (playing at FIU)
BYU (played here before)
Boise State (playing at Troy this year)
Kansas (playing at Central Michigan)

Playing Central Arkansas, Arkansas State, and Arkansas in one year is too much frikken Arkansas for one year. If we could only fit in AR pine-Bluff we could collect them all.

We have non-conference home openings in 2020, 2021(2) and 2022. We don't have an opening for a road game until 2023. It's going to be very difficult to get a P5 team to agree to a contract where they don't get the first game at home, so we may be stuck with some more FCS teams in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT