ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (11.11.23 - 11.13.23) INCARNATE WORD

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS GAMEDAY!!!!!

First I would like to say a Happy Veterans Day to all of the service members past and present for their service. This includes those I served with both in the Marines and the Army. Enjoy your day.

Today Tulsa hosts Incarnate Word at the Reynolds Center. The Women won their game pretty decisively yesterday morning. Todays contest is going to be at 2 p.m. hopefully you are not reading this from home and are at the arena.

Yesterday was not a great day for the American. UAB continues to lose as they dropped a close one to Clemson after leading almost the whole game. Minnesota toppled UTSA 102-76. Harvard beat Rice in Houston 89-76.

Memphis on the other hand beat Missouri on the road by 15. Memphis and SMU both have been impressive so far early in the season.

Todays Games

Small slate of games today. Eastern Illinois is at Loyola Chicago who has a 79 on the KenPom. The other double digit KenPom on the slate today is Omaha at North Texas.

AND ONE

Since the NET hasn’t come out yet I am now going to use the KenPom until the NET comes out and yes I will be monitoring when the NET comes out. That said, five of Tulsa’s OOC opponents have a KenPom better than Tulsa. Oral Roberts – 201, Loyola Chicago – 79, Oklahoma State – 82, Missouri State – 146 and New Mexico State - 200

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
UIW353atTulsa2482:00 p.m.ESPN+
Eastern Ill.338atLoyola Chicago797:00 p.m.ESPN+
New Mexico St.200atUC Irvine1039:00 p.m.ESPN+
Campbell301atEast Carolina1301:00 p.m.ESPN+
Omaha276atNorth Texas867:00 p.m.ESPN+

ITS GAMEDAY!!!!!

First I would like to say a Happy Veterans Day to all of the service members past and present for their service. This includes those I served with both in the Marines and the Army. Enjoy your day.

Today Tulsa hosts Incarnate Word at the Reynolds Center. The Women won their game pretty decisively yesterday morning. Todays contest is going to be at 2 p.m. hopefully you are not reading this from home and are at the arena.

Yesterday was not a great day for the American. UAB continues to lose as they dropped a close one to Clemson after leading almost the whole game. Minnesota toppled UTSA 102-76. Harvard beat Rice in Houston 89-76.

Memphis on the other hand beat Missouri on the road by 15. Memphis and SMU both have been impressive so far early in the season.

Todays Games

Small slate of games today. Eastern Illinois is at Loyola Chicago who has a 79 on the KenPom. The other double digit KenPom on the slate today is Omaha at North Texas.

AND ONE

Since the NET hasn’t come out yet I am now going to use the KenPom until the NET comes out and yes I will be monitoring when the NET comes out. That said, five of Tulsa’s OOC opponents have a KenPom better than Tulsa. Oral Roberts – 201, Loyola Chicago – 79, Oklahoma State – 82, Missouri State – 146 and New Mexico State - 200

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

UIW353atTulsa2482:00 p.m.ESPN+
Eastern Ill.338atLoyola Chicago797:00 p.m.ESPN+
New Mexico St.200atUC Irvine1039:00 p.m.ESPN+
Campbell301atEast Carolina1301:00 p.m.ESPN+
Omaha276atNorth Texas867:00 p.m.ESPN+
I'm pretty certain OSU & ORU will dip below us with 5 or 6 more games under our belts. I'll buy New Mexico St and Missouri St. Loyola needs to play a few more before I'll be certain about them, but a 13 point loss to FAU didn't look too bad.

Reactions: loca2874
ECU beat Campbell 77-63

North Texas is up on Omaha 42-24 with 30 seconds left in the half

Loyola Chicago is up on Eastern Illinois 48-25 at halftime

ECU beat Campbell 77-63

North Texas is up on Omaha 42-24 with 30 seconds left in the half

Loyola Chicago is up on Eastern Illinois 48-25 at halftime
Loyola, Missouri St, and New Mexico St are going to be our toughest non con games. I thought OSU would be in there with those teams, but they haven't shown it. UALR is a step up from our latest competition, but a step down from those 3 teams.

Reactions: loca2874
OSU has played 1 game. I’d be pretty hesitant to say they’re not still the toughest OOC game on the schedule. On talent alone.
Maybe UT Arlington is decent this year. I just didn't think of them as a decent program. But their record is not bad except for last year, over the last 8 years. And the guy coaching there has been there for 3 years, and there as an assistant head coach for 3 or 4 years. Maybe it's not that bad of a loss.

Victory Sunday!!! Got a good 10+ point win over Incarnate Word yesterday! Looking forward to hosting Jackson State this week. They have one opponent similar to us and that is Memphis who blew them out.

Todays Games

Today we will see Oklahoma State who lost by 5 at home to Abilene Christian try to bounce back and secure a victory over Sam Houston. Sam Houston has played two games and are 1-1 on the season. Beating Pacific on the road 64-57 and losing to Utah Valley at home 79-73.

Wichita State takes on a cross town team in Friends University. I have a cousin on their volleyball team. Never heard of them until she was recruited there.

UAB who lost a heartbreaker to Clemson by 1 point looks to play in the third place game against Maryland in the Asheville Championship. Maryland lost 64-61 to Davidson on Friday to be left out of the championship game. UAB led most of the game. They just were not able to finish.

AND ONE

Last time Tulsa started the Season 2-0 was the 2018-2019 season. We went 18-14 that season and lost in the first round of the American tournament to SMU. The time before that was the 2015-2016 season, we went 20-12 losing our only game in the American tournament to Memphis and then in a huge surprise was invited to the first 4 where we lost to Michigan in Dayton.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

Maryland41vsUAB9111:30 a.m.ESPN2
Friends#N/AatWichita St.1061:00 p.m.ESPN+
Sam Houston140atOklahoma St.812:00 p.m.BIG12/ESPN+
TU Women
Northwestern St.atTulsa2:00 p.m.ESPN+

Last edited:
UAB gets the win 66-63 over Maryland for their first win.

Wichita State is boat racing Friends University 50- 28 at half

Reactions: TU_BLA
Yeah , they base the starting number too strongly on last year as it is difficult to access the current team for a few games. They probably should start ranking teams in December.
I agree there needs to be a 5 -8 game rule before they start rating folks

Wichita state is not making any “Friends” across town as they are beating them 90-58 with 4 min left in the game

Todays Games

North Florida travels to South Carolina St.
Arkansas Pine Bluff travels to Central Arkansas

The game to watch today is Oral Roberts at Missouri State. We take on both of these teams in the upcoming weeks.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

North Florida260atSouth Carolina St.3496:00 p.m.
Ark.-Pine Bluff337atCentral Ark.3286:30 p.m.ESPN+
Oral Roberts198atMissouri St.1467:00 p.m.ESPN+

Reactions: ctt8410
Watching Mo State and ORU. Missouri State playing really well. May be better than us. ORU good guards but weak inside We are better but play them at ORU. 36-25 MSU near half.

Watching Mo State and ORU. Missouri State playing really well. May be better than us. ORU good guards but weak inside We are better but play them at ORU. 36-25 MSU near half.
I agree with you. I watched the Mo St/West Virginia game. Mo State lost by 8 at WVU but were down by 3 with a little over 1 minute to play.

They won 17 games last season and return 3 starters and their top reserve. They’ve done well in the portal. Fortunately, we play them at home.

Don’t go give a Shiite about Boynton. Ready to kick their azz in Okc.

Three teams already are cannon fodder and will probably live in the basement of the American.

East Carolina, USF, and of course UTSA.

Notre dame is not good this year either, they lost by 10 to WCU and squeaked out a win against Niagra. 3 really bad losses for the pokes. I feel as if we should beat them this year but that game always worries me, same with oru

Notre dame is not good this year either, they lost by 10 to WCU and squeaked out a win against Niagra. 3 really bad losses for the pokes. I feel as if we should beat them this year but that game always worries me, same with our
I'd love to show Thompson the team he is missing out on playing with when we go play OSU.

I think u might be a little off on your estimate of the minutes Archie will see this year. 😜

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT