ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (11.11.23 - 11.13.23) INCARNATE WORD

I'd love to show Thompson the team he is missing out on playing with when we go play OSU.

I think u might be a little off on your estimate of the minutes Archie will see this year. šŸ˜œ
I love it when a player proves me wrong wether than right and I'll happily be wrong about him. He played well above Mcwright. Love players like that. Still holding out hopes for Mcwright might turn it around but I'm all for more Archie minutes over Mcwright right now

Starting to change my opinion on OSU. Abilene Christian is worse than expected and I think (thought?) that Notre Dame was the worst high-major team in the country. There's a realistic chance we don't play a single top 100 team in non-conference play.

I love it when a player proves me wrong wether than right and I'll happily be wrong about him. He played well above Mcwright. Love players like that. Still holding out hopes for Mcwright might turn it around but I'm all for more Archie minutes over Mcwright right now
McWright's a sophomore who played on a mess of team that led with a bad example his freshman year. He still can be a player for us down the line, but Archie is just so much more advanced this year than McWright was last year, and even this year. I don't think Mcwright's best days have arrived yet. He just needs time.

Reactions: Dawg.pound22
Starting to change my opinion on OSU. Abilene Christian is worse than expected and I think (thought?) that Notre Dame was the worst high-major team in the country. There's a realistic chance we don't play a single top 100 team in non-conference play.
OSU wonā€™t be a top 100 team even with the Big12 propping up their SOS. They wonā€™t win ten games

Thompson sat out most of the last two games with a knee injury. OSU probably wins either with him. The ECU transfer may be their best player. (Small). Big guy Garrison has so much potential, good we play against him early.

Reactions: ctt8410
OSU wonā€™t be a top 100 team even with the Big12 propping up their SOS. They wonā€™t win ten games
If you guys donā€™t win 10 games, Boynton officially takes the mantle from Penny as exhibit A that national recruiting rankings outside the top 10 or so are a waste of time.

• Haha
Reactions: cmullinsTU and I.I.
If you guys donā€™t win 10 games, Boynton officially takes the mantle from Penny as exhibit A that national recruiting rankings outside the top 10 or so are a waste of time.
I wouldnā€™t say waste of time. I would argue that you still need a competent coach. Boynton is one of the worst coaches in D1 imo. When he wins itā€™s because of the talent on the floor not the coaching from the bench. When they talent is young it magnifies the coaching issues

Watching Liberty and Wichita State. Liberty is fun to watch. Lots of movement and screens off the ball to open up shooters. Wichita State is the far superior team athletically.

I wouldnā€™t say waste of time. I would argue that you still need a competent coach. Boynton is one of the worst coaches in D1 imo. When he wins itā€™s because of the talent on the floor not the coaching from the bench. When they talent is young it magnifies the coaching issues
Waste of time in the sense that cbb fans unnecessarily obsess over the difference between a guy Rivals ranks 52 vs the guy they rank 149. When the coaching and roster construction is what really matters.

But give a team Cade Cunningham and any jamoke can win with that.

TU women lose to ORU 93-87. I was just following the game on the game tracker. TU was up 85-79 with about 4 1/2 minutes to goā€¦. Looks like they had a 14-2 meltdown. Like our meltdown to Wiscy in the ncaa tournament. I guess neither team was playing defense. I canā€™t recall a college womenā€™s game Iā€™ve ever seen that threatened to break 100.

TU women lose to ORU 93-87. I was just following the game on the game tracker. TU was up 85-79 with about 4 1/2 minutes to goā€¦. Looks like they had a 14-2 meltdown. Like our meltdown to Wiscy in the ncaa tournament. I guess neither team was playing defense. I canā€™t recall a college womenā€™s game Iā€™ve ever seen that threatened to break 100.
I just looked at the box score and read the write up. We led all but 2 minutes. That stats were surprisingly similar on Rebounds, Assists, TOs, etcā€¦ the big difference was FTs. They shot 28 and made 20; we shot 17 and made 11. We had 22 fouls to their 14. We had a higher % on FGs but they were higher on 3PFG but only made 1 more. I didnā€™t see the game just reviewed the stats and read the write up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT