ADVERTISEMENT

Post Houston Game RPI

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
With most of tonight's games over (excep cincy vs SMU)

I'm seeing our RPI moving to # 34 in a tie with Michigan State

Saturday should be the biggest game that's happened in the Reynolds Center in 15 (or more?) years

Wojcik is cutting himself somewhere.

yep Woj is cutting himself, but he's doing it with sharp $100K bills. Settlements rule.

DMarsh are you referring to the KU game in 2002? I'd disagree. The Utah game in 1997 was a monster game for TU, the Fresno game in 2000 was one of the absolute best college basketball atmospheres I've been a part of and a great game to boot (actually both games I mentioned were fantastic games). Both also meant more than the KU game. I am hoping this Saturday's game can rival both of the above games in terms of excitement and atmosphere. Maybe the Rowdies can make a return appearance!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

live RPI
TU 36
SMU 27
Cinn 24
Temple 42
Memphis 79
UConn 104

TU with only 2 top 100 wins, but only 3 top 100 losses
I still think a split with SMU, a W at home over Cinn and Temple gets TU in even with Ls at Memphis and UConn
But holding serve at home is key. No more opportunities for "bad" road losses. 7-2 record on road is Golden.
Need Auburn, Creighton and ORU to continue to W. Creighton could become a top 100 win with a few more Big East wins.
I Word continuing to be a top 150 W is also helpful.

The season and the future is still ahead. Win Saturday night and we might be trying on the dancing shoes for sizing. Really need to keep the Ws to avoid the 8-9 seed. My guess is TU would be a 10 snapshot tonight. But beating SMu probalby pushes TU to the 8-9.

I'm the pessimist who thought and may have posted after SEOSU that TU might not have a winning season. Lesson learned.

Originally posted by astonmartin708:

Saturday should be the biggest game that's happened in the Reynolds Center in 15 (or more?) years
Not disagreeing from an exposure standpoint, but just weird considering it's SMU, a team we routinely pounded into oblivion in conference for about 7 or 8 years until they managed to buy their way out of CUSA.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
DMarsh are you referring to the KU game in 2002? I'd disagree. The Utah game in 1997 was a monster game for TU, the Fresno game in 2000 was one of the absolute best college basketball atmospheres I've been a part of and a great game to boot (actually both games I mentioned were fantastic games). Both also meant more than the KU game.
Both of those games pre-date the KU game and one of them wasn't even played in the Reynolds Center. We can argue all day about what "meant more", but a ranked TU team hosting a ranked Kansas team meant a tremendous amount at the time.

Ok, I'll give you the Utah game was before the Reynold's Center. I will still contend the Fresno game meant more and I think the crowd was more amped than the KU game. Yes, it was a big deal to have KU come in, but in the big scheme of things, it simply didn't have the same impact as the Fresno game.

The two biggest "atmosphere" games in the Reynolds Center were the Fresno game and the UNLV games. Lost both at the end in front of hundreds of potentially new hurricane fans. Best atmosphere I saw at Assembly Center was TU vs Wichita State National TV game of week with Billy Packer. Had unicycles and Randy Boggs with rubber chicken spelling out T U L S A. !

Originally posted by I.I.:
The two biggest "atmosphere" games in the Reynolds Center were the Fresno game and the UNLV games. Lost both at the end in front of hundreds of potentially new hurricane fans. Best atmosphere I saw at Assembly Center was TU vs Wichita State National TV game of week with Billy Packer. Had unicycles and Randy Boggs with rubber chicken spelling out T U L S A. !
Yep, I remeber standing on the sideline next 2 Antonine Carr, "The 1st Linebacker I had ever seen play b-ball" He was Karl Malone B4 Karl Malone. Some of those games @ the civic center were awesome. Bradley & all the Versea wigs, thug Lamb & Illinois St., & who could ever forget Billy "I'll never play here again" Tubbs & OU w/ Waymon's homecoming, & of course the Arkansas OT loss here (under Tubby's players),

Later,
Many games that 1st yr. @ the Don were electric (I still have my give away medallion 4 the opening of the Don vs. Cleveland St)

There were still some static electric residue going on in the Don thru the 1st JP yrs.

That yr. TU played Kansas @ home, didn't they also play Iowa @ home & lost 2 them too? But later on, probably the last great "electric" atmosphere game, was when then sr, Dante Swanson in '03? Made that 3 @ the end of the game 2 beat Fresno? & tie 4 the regular season title? & I think that TU team won the WAC Conference Tourney title in Nevada? B4 losing 2 Wisconsin in the 2nd rd NCAA after being up by 9 w/ under 3 minutes left in the game.

I hate 2 B a "downer" but the Bradley & Houston games here during Oh No Wojo's CBI title run were pretty "Electric". That's what got him that ridiculous 7 yr contract extension & Kudo's 2 many on this board who thought that @ that time was ridiculous because we still weren't up 2 the level TU fans were used 2, yet Slow Ball, No Go, Wojo received an extension worthy of a coach who had a NCAA run.

I think the SMU game will B the kick start 2 getting that next level atmosphere rockin again.

Go TU

This post was edited on 2/6 8:09 AM by HHOOTter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT