ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs OSU

nevadanatural

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Going to OT. Trae Young has 42 while the rest of the Sooners have 31. If OSU pulls it off then two of TUs opponents will have wins over OU.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Going to OT. Trae Young has 42 while the rest of the Sooners have 31. If OSU pulls it off then two of TUs opponents will have wins over OU.

OSU wins in OT. Young with 48 but took 39 shots. Heck, some players don’t shoot 39 times in a year. Lol. Really good player, though.

OSU beats #4 OU, Iowa St beats #8 Texas Tech and K-St leading #24 TCU by 8 at half. Wichita going down today. Not good for ranked teams. Also, Cincy up by 8 at home over ECU. On any given day/night!! That’s why you lace them up and play.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a college player take 39 shots in one game.

Except TU. They lose what we expect and sometimes what we don’t expect. Sorry, just premelting. :dig:

Gochta! Me too. On the bright side or at least another side, we are 2 missed shots in the last 20 seconds (WSU and Temple) and a blown lead (8pts) midway thru the 2nd half (Memphis) from being 6-1 and in 2nd place all alone.

Having played and coached at the college level, I fully understand that a few plays or just a few mental errors can have on having a good record or a bad one. And most importantly, what close losses, or wins, can have on the physche of a player, coach and team (and fan). F

Codie, we seem to be alike in our outlook of our teams and how we react to wins/losses. I wish I lived closer to Tulsa, then you and I (and my buddy Chris) could hit a few games together or if on the road, we could meet for our favorite beverage. you and Chris’ bourbon and my scotch.

Before I got remarried and Chris got henpecked (PC word—you know the other word), he used to come spend the 1st weekend of the NCAA tournament games here in Ozark. We’d get a couple of unique pizza’s and Chris would use his expertise on micro breweries to get us a supply to get us through the 1st round upsets.

Although, I hardly take a drink anymore due to the medications I’m on, another loss tonight might cause me to reach in the cabinet for a bottle of scotch or gin.

As someone that has many years on you, I can tell you, it does get a little easier to accept a loss. Maybe just a tiny, tiny bit. Lol This is coming from a guy who back in the 70’s, when we didn’t have the instant media info we have today, used to drive to the highest point in Ponca City at 10 pm to get a signal of a TU broadcast.

When I was still working I would take vacation the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament and OD on basketball. I’ve got my son doing it now.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Codie, we seem to be alike in our outlook of our teams and how we react to wins/losses. I wish I lived closer to Tulsa, then you and I (and my buddy Chris) could hit a few games together or if on the road, we could meet for our favorite beverage. you and Chris’ bourbon and my scotch.

That sounds like a blast to me!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT