ADVERTISEMENT

OU Whining Twitter

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Is the best Twitter...and I'd be shocked if Bedlam gets renewed inside of the next 10 years because right now OSU can proudly proclaim "We won the last Bedlam game" and OU is going to have to live with that and there's nothing they can do about it. Of course $70M in SEC $ will soften that blow I'm sure.

Reactions: drboobay
I heard that the Big 12 refs may have been partial to the team staying in the conference. Not surprising at all.

I heard that the Big 12 refs may have been partial to the team staying in the conference. Not surprising at all.
Blame the refs for a couple missed calls here or there but to think that cost you the game when you are supposed to be clearly superior? That offense isn't great. They can't run the ball with any great efficiency and when you can't run you effectively make Dillon Gabriel the QB TU beat twice when he was at UCF and still has nightmares of Zaven Collins. In other words, he becomes ordinary. Remember, Lebby's offense could not run against TU in those games and then TU disguised coverages well enough to throw Gabriel off. I'll be honest, I think teams are watching old game films of Lebby and Gabriel at UCF and I'd be shocked if they're not watching films of Gillespie's TU defenses and how they played that offense to scheme for their upcoming games.

What's the O/U on the number of weeks OU fans continue the social media barrage on the corrupt officiating and being out to get OU and how many different angles they can show the PI on Drake Stoops that went uncalled?

I'll be honest, I think teams are watching old game films of Lebby and Gabriel at UCF and I'd be shocked if they're not watching films of Gillespie's TU defenses and how they played that offense to scheme for their upcoming games.
I guess KW missed those game films :)

OU fans are salty they lost the last Bedlam and two of the last three. Knowing the Bedlam trophy will reside in Stillwater for the foreseeable future is tough to swallow given the lopsided history of the series.

There was one questionable PI non call on OSU with Stoops.
Coaches throwing players under the bus, the HC calling out bad play calling and Dean Blevins anger has been awesome 😂

Coaches throwing players under the bus, the HC calling out bad play calling and Dean Blevins anger has been awesome 😂
But OU fans have it all as a Big XII conspiracy against them. Everyone knows that in the last 2 minutes of a tight game, the refs tend to swallow the whistle in college on those types of things. And then college fans think they know about PI and try to equate it to the NFL's PI rule which is very different in both how it's called and how it's enforced and yet every arm chair referee screams and hollers at the top of their lungs when they feel their team was on the wrong end of a call. You could call holding on an OL every single play of the game. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. They don't and let a lot of it go and yet some fan will bitch about the 1 holding call they let run which ended up in a 3rd and 20 conversion for the offense.

PI in college is like the handball call in soccer. Very subjective and depends on the perspective of the referee making the call.

What OU fans should be pissed off about is running a 3 yard out on 4th and 5 with a minute left in the game. Or losing to KU the week before.
I have never understood why so many plays have players about 3 yards short of a first down or a touchdown on a pass

Reactions: lawpoke87
The questionanle PI wasnt any worse than the questionable PI on the interception that gave OU the win vs UCF... that PI call led to a FG at the end of 1st half .. w/o that FG, ucf wins by 1

Totally agree. Nor have I ever understood those third down and like two to go, and they throw a 30 yard fade route low percentage pass.
I was a little disappointed (well, a lot disappointed) last week when we're running those fade routes to our smaller WRs when we've got guys like Carl Chester at 6'3 and Luke McGary at 6'5 who have both proven to have excellent hands and high point the ball. No offense to Rempert and Benjamin, but they're not those physically big, imposing receivers.

Or on 3rd and 8 you've got a guy running a 7 yard out and the QB puts the ball on the money on the sideline and the guy can't turn up field. And what bigger indictment of your current OL when on 3rd or 4th and less than 1, you're trying to run the edge? At least run the Philly Tush Push. But if you're OL can't move a DL even 1/2 a yard you're in trouble anyway.

Despite destroying WVA, OU fans are now whining about a non-call where a WVA player shoved an OU blocker into the OU punt returner causing a muff. This has consistently never been called a foul. Therefore, all Special Teams coaches should see this and start instructing their gunners and coverage teams on punts to shove blockers into the returner. Serious, this should be a strategy for coverage on punts.

Despite destroying WVA, OU fans are now whining about a non-call where a WVA player shoved an OU blocker into the OU punt returner causing a muff. This has consistently never been called a foul. Therefore, all Special Teams coaches should see this and start instructing their gunners and coverage teams on punts to shove blockers into the returner. Serious, this should be a strategy for coverage on punts.
I actually saw that play. He wasn’t pushed by the WVA player. My first thought was the same as the OU fans but the blocker lost track of where he was and hit the returner after disengaging the block.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT