ADVERTISEMENT

Official Temple game thread

I had a minor emergency and missed the first of the game. Did Ostroski get hurt in the game, or was he injured coming into the game?

One of the things that most impresses me about KW is that he's smart enough to have someone in the press box reading posts on this forum to get strategy advice during the game.
I think they monitored one poster specifically because of his in-depth knowledge of the individual players skills, the team collectively and what we are trying to accomplish. As Chito and Leon said, “…. smart…..”.

Hopefully he is fully healed by then and can get some game time to shake off the rust.
Yeah, I would hope he can play a little in the FAU game. Then we have two first string QB's ready to go(with no injuries or rust) for Rice and the rest of the season.

Reactions: TU 1978
Tulsa had 2 penalties for 15 yards. At NIU, Tulsa had 3 penalties for 29 yards
I think CMullins pointed this out on Twitter/X as well. Far cry from what we've seen during Monty's era. Also, does Ethan Hall have a personal foul this season? It's amazing at how you can all of a sudden focus on what a good blocker he is from the TE spot rather than focusing on some of his boneheadedness and his personal fouls.

BTW, McGary is a really really good blocking TE as well. We didn't seem to use the TEs very much in the passing game yesterday either but it's good to know we can leave them in and have them block like OL but also keep Temple honest in that if it's a play action play, they have to cover the TE.

My stars of the game:: Williams & Williams, Kendarin Ray (f*ing beast), Dayne Hodge (where the hell did he come from?), Vontroy Malone, all of the RBs. Lots of good things happening last night so lots of praise to throw out there.

My stars of the game:: Williams & Williams, Kendarin Ray (f*ing beast), Dayne Hodge (where the hell did he come from?), Vontroy Malone, all of the RBs. Lots of good things happening last night so lots of praise to throw out there.
And to think Hodge is a walkon who has been here a couple of years already.

And to think Hodge is a walkon who has been here a couple of years already.
He didn't start the 1st couple of games at that spot? Who got hurt or did they just feel Hodge was reading things and getting to the ball better. He's all over the freaking field.

It also goes to show that the previous staff paid a lot of attention to how old you were vs how good you were. There were guys that played bc/ they'd been in the program longer. I'm watching Dorian Hopkins all over the place and wondering if Justin Wright really was a better option at that spot last year? I think this staff has made it clear, the players who work the hardest and are the best option at their position that gives the team the best chance of winning are the ones that are going to play.

My stars of the game:: Williams & Williams,
A redshirt frosh & a true frosh. Wow! But that true freshman WR continues to make highlight reel catches. Devan W. is on his way to becoming a star in the here and now & for the future. And most of us were very worried about our receiving corps going in. Ha! Up to now, no prob there.

And it's very comforting to have a FG kicker who hasn't missed yet, although I imagine our special teams will get some "extra" work over the next 9 days.

Tulsa had 2 penalties for 15 yards. At NIU, Tulsa had 3 penalties for 29 yard (Haisten TW).
I'd like this post twice if I could! KW seems to value focus and discipline. 2 penalties, 0 TOs. I figured the TOs would come around based on the penalties being close to nothing.

The other main sign of focus or discipline breakdown are blown coverages or plays. I'm just saying, I don't think I'd want to be on the kickoff or punt coverage teams this morning...

Reactions: cmullinsTU
A redshirt frosh & a true frosh. Wow! But that true freshman WR continues to make highlight reel catches. Devan W. is on his way to becoming a star in the here and now & for the future. And most of us were very worried about our receiving corps going in. Ha! Up to now, no prob there.

And it's very comforting to have a FG kicker who hasn't missed yet, although I imagine our special teams will get some "extra" work over the next 9 days.
They are both redshirt freshman, neither is a true frosh. Both were Montgomery recruits, and here as redshirts last year.

Certainly appreciate (as an older guy) getting corrected for major errors in posts, although in this case, true frosh vs RS frosh is kind of like 6 of one and a half doz........ My thanks to Monty for recruiting both these studs.

Certainly appreciate (as an older guy) getting corrected for major errors in posts, although in this case, true frosh vs RS frosh is kind of like 6 of one and a half doz........ My thanks to Monty for recruiting both these studs.
Just pointing it out so you didn't continue thinking that. No animus involved. I hate it when I have a mistake in my head and don't realize it. Even if it is not a terribly consequential fact. I hate mistakes in my head a lot, as in frequently!

I had a minor emergency and missed the first of the game. Did Ostroski get hurt in the game, or was he injured coming into the game?
Ostroski was banged up coming into the game. I think it was a shoulder or arm injury. Probably week-to-week.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT