ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA Game Thread

Just figure out how to play even a small portion of as well on the road as we do at home and this team could have something going for the rest of the season!

Reactions: drboobay
What a game! Man, that shooting was unreal. If we shoot that that and don’t turn the ball over, we will be a problem for anyone.
We probably would have beaten everyone on our schedule playing like we did. I know the D was sketchy in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half we only gave up 29 points and a lot of those came in the last 4 minutes when the game was essentially done. At the under 8 timeout in the 2nd half we had only given up 14 pts and for a good long period (4-5) minutes, UTSA was stuck on 50, meaning they had only scored 2 pts in the 2nd half while we were on a huge run. Like I said, Garcia played strong and focused in the 2nd half on both ends and I think this is the Garcia Konkol wants out there.

Last night's game reminded me of Calpari's Memphis vs Wojcik's TU. The only difference being that Woj would play such a slow pace the score wouldn't reach 100.

It was a complete and total beat down and we were vastly more talented. I agree with @dougheffking there will continue to be ups and downs with the team being so young. Keep this core group, though, which I have high hopes for and next season will be VERY EXCITING.

Last edited:
Curious that no one has mentioned the UTSA player that was just declared eligible this semester. I forget the kid's name, but he is averaging 17 ppg and is coming off the bench.

Curious that no one has mentioned the UTSA player that was just declared eligible this semester. I forget the kid's name, but he is averaging 17 ppg and is coming off the bench.
Ivy Curry. Maybe they are a little better than their record then. They did take Memphis to the wire. In the 8 games since he was ruled eligible, he is their leading scorer. Their only bad loss with him was their 2nd game after he became eligible, losing by 10 to army. Most of the losses were close. There is 3 maybe 4 games they would've had a shot to win if they had him earlier.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT