ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA Game Thread

1st time back in the arena since the Joiner 3 to beat Wichita St game. The atmosphere, despite the lack of actual bodies on seats, is really nice and electric.

Our interior D and pick and roll D is atrocious

As good as Haggerty is in the offensive end, his defensive footwork really needs a lot of work

Refs are atrocious. They're anticipating calls and not whistling actual fouls. COBE swiped at a ball and got all air and they whistled him for a foul and this last one on Barnes, he actually went straight up and the UTSA player lowered his shoulder and jumped into him.

Keita looks tired running the floor.
I thought Keita has been effective. Our bigs are super aggressive hedging the screens but they don't get back quick enough e he screener rolls to the basket

And here come the TOs on us

Tulsa is 64 percent from the field, 63 percent from 3 and 100 percent from the stripe

UTSA 48 percent from the field, 31 from 3 and 92 percent from the stripe.

Tulsa took 1 free throw and UTSA took 13

Wild first half. We get down a bunch, come back to build a 12 point lead, they come back to take the lead then we have a run to lead by 5 at the half. When was the last time we scored 50+ in a half? We better either start playing better fundamentals, especially on D, or stay hot.

Here's the problem as I see it right now...there's a good chance we miss a few outside shots. I don't see UtSA missing shots if they get the same paint looks they've been getting. We need to force them to shoot outside. Maybe zone defense packed low to force them to take those outside shots and then force them to make them.

Haggerty with 16, 4 and 3 already. A good second half and he’ll probably be freshman of the week again.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT