ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
KU vs Wichita State ????? Kansas refuses to play them in regular season. !!!'n

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This post was edited on 3/15 7:18 PM by I.I.

Re: Selection Show

American got screwed.

UCLA and INDIANA proves that conference affiliation is really what counts. P5 and the rest...

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Does the AAC get three one seeds in the NIT?

I mean, really.
TU and UCONN may get #2 seeds.

TX

Wow. Seth Davis has it right you can't reward a team like Texas for playing top 50 teams if they don't beat them. And UCLA was a combined 4-12 neutral/away. I'm not sure what the thought process is here.

TU was completely ignored!! Not even in the conversation. Sad way to go into the NIT as a low seed!

Will the NIT have room for 3 from the AAC.....with Eastern bias Temple and UCONN are locks....where does this leave TU

Temple was hurt by Wyoming, and IMO SMU was seeded too low. Should have been a 4 or 5.

TX

This guy's explanation for UCLA is a joke. Basically they're playing better at the end of the year(beating 4 120+ RPI teams) by losing closely to good teams and the eye test.

Originally posted by TUDog:
Will the NIT have room for 3 from the AAC.....with Eastern bias Temple and UCONN are locks....where does this leave TU
Dude, don't even say that.

Originally posted by Tulsa76:
TU was completely ignored!! Not even in the conversation. Sad way to go into the NIT as a low seed!
That was to be expected after losing to UCONN yesterday. IMO, TU will not get a low seed in the NIT, as hig has a 2, no lower than a 3. That will guarantee TU 2 to 3 home games. The NIT no longer does seeks out matchups based on attendence or region flavor. The format is much like teh NCAA tourney. If attendence does come into question I think TU will be fine.

The NIT selection show is on ESPNU in at 7:30 pm.

TX

This post was edited on 3/15 5:53 PM by texcane1982

Strength of Schedule and Eye Test is all they can say. Well they all play each other and have the biggest strongest players when they warm up. Yes. But that is not basketball.

Two bids, a 6 and an 8. Cincinnati gets Purdue then Kentucky. No respect.

Pretty clear we were never even on the board. Had we lost in the buzzer in OT to SMU, we'd still be at home.

Originally posted by TUDog:
There is no reason to not accept 3 teams into the NIT from a top 10 RPI conference. The field is 32 deep, and I believe less than 10 are auto-bids.

TX
This post was edited on 3/15 5:50 PM by texcane1982

Originally posted by URedskin54:
This guy's explanation for UCLA is a joke. Basically they're playing better at the end of the year(beating 4 120+ RPI teams) by losing closely to good teams and the eye test.
They got it for TV ratings on the West Coast. It's pretty obvious that the NCAA, ESPN and Power 5 Conferences are going to form a professional college league where the players will get paid.

Schools like Tulsa will not be able to compete with that.

Originally posted by I.I.:
Strength of Schedule and Eye Test is all they can say. Well they all play each other and have the biggest strongest players when they warm up. Yes. But that is not basketball.
I've just never heard of close losses being counted as a plus on a team's resume.

I think Wichita St will beat KU this year (if KU even beats New Mexico St). Just to set the record straight though, Wichita St has demanded a home/home. KU has offered a 2 for 1. KU's position has been why play that set-up with WSU when they could play a home/home with Florida, Michigan St., etc. Those games are better for tv and better for recruiting. KU has played the #1 strength of schedule for 3 of the past 4 years. KUs schedule this year was toughest in 10 plus years. KU isn't ducking anyone.

What is bad is that they would not have taken TU even if we beat UCONN and lost again to SMU.

We weren't even close. Pretty clear we weren't getting an at-large regardless of our conference tourney performance. Lunardi was dead on about us. Now hoping to get a #2 NIT seed. Afraid we might drop to a #3.

when and where is the NIT selection show
my 2 cents - Temple was out because of the two losses to TU and our loses to ORU and SEOSU cost us a no. 1 NIT seed.
Had TU won at home vs. Cinncy or SMU, we likely would have been in. Close but no cigar.

UCLA is a joke. Texas is good enough to win some games but probably didn't deserve a bid. Wichita St, Northern Iowa and SMU were seeded poorly.

It's a shame but losing 3 of your last 4 obviously had more of an effect than the body of work talk. Human perception and biases rule over objectivity.

Originally posted by PhoggyBottom:
I think Wichita St will beat KU this year (if KU even beats New Mexico St). Just to set the record straight though, Wichita St has demanded a home/home. KU has offered a 2 for 1. KU's position has been why play that set-up with WSU when they could play a home/home with Florida, Michigan St., etc. Those games are better for tv and better for recruiting. KU has played the #1 strength of schedule for 3 of the past 4 years. KUs schedule this year was toughest in 10 plus years. KU isn't ducking anyone.
Why doesn't KU play a 4 games series with WSU? Home and home on campus, 1 at the downtown arena in Wichita and 1 in Kansas CIty? This is similar to what OU has done over the years with TU.

TX

So much for the American being treated fairly. Screwed as bad or worse than CUSA.

I don't think the American was necessarily screwed badly. Probably should have gotten Temple but it was borderline. The problem is that there were probably 10+ teams that could have been in over UCLA

American has to do better ooc. The bottom half of league was brutal and we didn't help, either.

texcane,
Because KU pays for its other sports programs through its basketball team. OU pays for its programs through football. KU doesn't need WSU to sell out Allen Fieldhouse. KU has sold out every home game for at least 15+ years. KU can play national programs like Duke, Kentucky, Florida, etc home/home or the setup you described. That is better for tv and recruiting. Why give up 3 home games under your setup. It basically comes down to should KU do WSU a favor. If WSU wants a favor, they should agree to a 2 for 1.

That ooc this is a lot of BS.

It is P5 of screw you. The G5 was dumb enough to go along with it. Now if you are p5 you always get to say SOS trumps everything. And your SOS is strong because the P5 has a strong SOS because they play the P5 so their good. Circle...

Sub 500 in conference? Who cares!

70% of your wins come at home? Come on anyway!

Can't win big games? Its OK, you played enough top 50 teams to get in by default!

Screw the P5 cartel.

I'm not sure how it's a favor for WSU? They sellout just fine and enjoy a pretty good national reputation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT